Hotels Discussion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, the correct rates for this hotel is $289 (read contract incorrectly when typing up the info).

Well that clears up that mystery. I called the Sheraton (Inner Harbor) and it was different. Oh, btw, if it's worth mentioning, only double rooms were available at con rate as of about 10:45 pm.

I can understand wanted to be closer to the center. But while it benefits for gas and all, it is very crowded out there. We had thought about staying around there, but its very pricey. We found another hotel, about 10 mins from the con, which is good, we can just take 695, plus we need some amenities like a pool and fitness center

I had reserved a room at the Radisson on Friday morning for Thurs-Sat., since they said Sat. night was sold out. I just called back now, and I got it changed to Thurs.-Sun. with no problems. =)

So, is this the "I want to stay downtown but I'm too lazy to organize a room myself, so I'm looking for people who have already booked and are looking for roommates" thread too? :D

Edit: I was also looking at hotels around the city too, just cause I want to keep my options open, and there doesn't look like there is much that a single person can get without paying over $100 a night (this past year I got lucky by catching the Microtel in Linthicum while they had a 30% off sale on hotels.com).

However, I did see that the "America's Best Value Inn" in Towson, MD looked fairly inexpensive, but I haven't seen any reviews of it online or anything. I was just wondering if anyone stayed there or if they've heard anything about it. I like cheap hotels because they're inexpensive, but then again, often hotels that are cheap are that way for a reason too.

However, I did see that the "America's Best Value Inn" in Towson, MD looked fairly inexpensive, but I haven't seen any reviews of it online or anything. I was just wondering if anyone stayed there or if they've heard anything about it. I like cheap hotels because they're inexpensive, but then again, often hotels that are cheap are that way for a reason too.

Give me an address, and I'll drive by and see how seedy the joint looks. :D

Well, as I said, unfortunately cheap hotels are usually cheap for a reason...

I'm a big believer in the idea that you get what you pay for. But since I basically only use the room to store my swag and sleep for a couple of hours here and there, I don't need it to be a palace. No time for the pool or anything like that!

BTW, did anyone else notice that the non-con rates at the Holiday Inn have skyrocketed in the past 24 hours? They jumped from $189 the last time I checked to $329 this afternoon. And if you book outside the con dates (for example, from the 4th to the 7th), the rates are back to $189. What's up with that?

Well, as I said, unfortunately cheap hotels are usually cheap for a reason...

BTW, did anyone else notice that the non-con rates at the Holiday Inn have skyrocketed in the past 24 hours? They jumped from $189 the last time I checked to $329 this afternoon. And if you book outside the con dates (for example, from the 4th to the 7th), the rates are back to $189. What's up with that?

However they also know that most of those 22,000 people are going to sharing rooms and get the Otakon group rates at some nearby hotel. A jump like that sounds a bit too much to be due to Otakon.

Is there some other event in town that weekend as well?

However they also know that most of those 22,000 people are going to sharing rooms and get the Otakon group rates at some nearby hotel. A jump like that sounds a bit too much to be due to Otakon.

Is there some other event in town that weekend as well?

I do have one strange question though, the Otakon site says that they have a room block for the Holiday Inn of 645 rooms, yet the Holiday Inn site says that the hotel has 375 guest rooms. I'm confused. :?

... 645 available Room Nights ...

this is how i'm reading that:

example: you stay thurs, friday and saturday nights. that's 3 'Room Nights' ...

example: you stay thurs, friday and saturday nights. that's 3 'Room Nights' ...

sven72383 is correct. Room nights reflect the amount of rooms total that the hotel is willing to provide over the course of Otakon (Peak nights + shoulder nights). Because life never goes as planned, some hotels are willing to juggle a few room nights from shoulder over to peak (or vice versa) - or even move a sunday night room and extend it into a Monday night room.

Called twice and Radison said Otakorp was already sold out.

Anyone else getting this? Am I doing something wrong?

It's the cheapest hotel of the bunch, so that's not surprising.

I'm still on a waiting list for Days Inn. Has anyone else been put on the list?

From what I can tell, everyone is on that list. They said to expect a call anywhere from tomorrow to Saturday, but this information seems to change on a minute-to-minute basis. If they don't get in touch with you the first time they call, though, you've missed your chance. So I get the impression that a lot of people will be sitting by their phones tomorrow...

Aye, the days inn resu rep I spoke with said it would be next week or later before they pull out the LISSSST *dramatic music* *obligatory thunder/lightning* So that's what I know so far

I just want to get into my beautiful Renaissance...I've been there every year I've gone to Otakon. They don't seem to be taking reservations, yet...I'm not really afraid that they'll be gone cause no one seems to go to the Renaissance cause it's more expensive butI just want to get it out the way...

I did that last minute hotel scramble a few years ago and I hated it (still got Renaissance, at least)...Need my peace of mind.

... ahaha.... I'm (as usual) excluded from the otakorp/otakon rate again at the Sheraton due to getting the usual hospitality VIP suite. Again.

I often wonder, does Otakon include said rooms in discounted rates or no? The room type I have is the following configuration:

[2 bedroom] <--> [Parlor room w/ murphy queen] <--> [King Bed]

Three connectin hotel rooms.

Total cost: $575.00 for my block. Divide by three (since they are occupied to capacity), $191/night/room. We've been getting the same rate for about 4 years my group and I stayed there....

Not a complaint ... fact they're extremely nice to us. ^^; Just a curiosity though on the Otakon/Otakorp inclusion on this ... cuz we've never used the Otakon rate (as noted, the Sheraton was excluded on negotation rates except for 2007, 2008)

Wahhh.. I'm getting pretty disappointed. I called three hotels and two of them, Days Inn and Radisson said they were sold out already and the third, Holiday Inn said I had to call in the morning. I would really love to go again to Otakon. I just went this year for my first time..so I hope that in the morning.. things will look better.

Wahhh.. I'm getting pretty disappointed. I called three hotels and two of them, Days Inn and Radisson said they were sold out already and the third, Holiday Inn said I had to call in the morning. I would really love to go again to Otakon. I just went this year for my first time..so I hope that in the morning.. things will look better.

Does anyone know how often the Hotels page is going to be updated? Specifically the part that says "A LOT" for the room count. Is that a weekly thing? A monthly thing? A whenever the person that does it has time to call the hotel thing?

The problem is: You probably started late in the game, and you're trying to book in the hotels that everybody wants to book into. Once the Day's Inn told be that I was going to be put on a "waiting list", I quickly turned to the Radisson (had a little problem the first time, but it's all taken care of).

Anyway, give them a call. If it doesn't work out, don't hesitate to go after another hotel (which ever fits in your budget), or wait until the Sheraton Baltimore City Center's info goes up.

a little heads up, i just booked a room at the brookshire suites for 2 at a rate of 197.10 plus AAA. apparently, no one has taken advantage of the availability of it yet.

http://www.harbormagic.com/Brookshire/brookshire_default.asp

the location of it, is just a couple blocks across from the inner harbour itself near edo sushi.

http://www.otakon.com/images_content/location_map.jpg

i wasnt necessarily planning on staying there, but after one of my friends effed up trying to reserve a place at the marriot, i had to find alternatives quickly. lol.

My friend already made reservations at the Hampton Inn Camden Yards which is pretty cheap just need a bit more walking but that's fine =3

Does anyone have anything to say about that hotel? Anything good or bad? o_0

Dunno, it's where I have my fall-back registration because at Day's Inn rate+$20 it would keep me within a reasonably close distance and includes breakfast (the only meal I need anyway.)

Still hoping Sam gets back to us on a lovely or not con rate so I know which (Hampton/Radisson) to release.

xD Days Inn is probably sold out already...I've been near my phone for the longest, so I'm glad I reserved for the Radisson this year again.
Anyways, someone mentioned the radison in a different thread I'm not sure, are there any big ups or down there or nothing worth mentioning?
I was at the Raddison in 2006. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere on Earth (having stayed at hotels and hostels in Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Netherlands, England, America and Canada).
I was at the Raddison in 2006. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere on Earth (having stayed at hotels and hostels in Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany, Netherlands, England, America and Canada).
Anyways, someone mentioned the radison in a different thread I'm not sure, are there any big ups or down there or nothing worth mentioning?

Are you sure you didn't just get caught on a REALLY bad year? I've been staying at the Radisson the past two years and this year was actually pretty awesome....

I'm nervous, though...everyone is saying they're already sold out and I might not be able to even try reserving for a couple days due to funding issues (my sister and I are both in college....yea...'nuff said...). I don't have a credit card or anything yet or I would have reserved a room earlier under my own name :/

I like the Radisson...and it's nice and close by so I can just walk there... ;o;

Are you sure you didn't just get caught on a REALLY bad year? I've been staying at the Radisson the past two years and this year was actually pretty awesome....
Speaking of which, every time I called up the hotel to make a reservation I was told those dates aren't in the system, but I figured it couldn't be any worse and called the reservation line and got 2 king rooms with no problem at very decent prices... it seems like there's a lack of communication lately...

How so, if you wouldn't mind indulging on the details :wink: Is it the internet connection, staff, room cleansliness, something too horribly grave to mention on the boards :?:

Any info is a plus and a thanks 8)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.