Holiday Inn 2008

Guest Fattytan

Guest Fattytan

Okay so I just called the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor and they're accepting reservations! I think it wasn't open for con rate until today apparently so you better call soon and get it before it sells out.

calling now to check, thanks for the heads up fattytan

1st call: stupid answering machine....

2nd call: stupid answering machine....

3rd call: reserved, two double beds non smoking wooohah! :lol:

they are taking reserves at the 189 rate, fattytan speaks the truth

Fattytan you’re the man!

I finally (after probably weeks and weeks of calls to hotels) got a two double bed room!! Sweet, I'm so relived now!

(Note: The guy I had told me the phone had been ringing off the wall with Otakon calls. If you didn't call, I highly suggest doing now.)

Guest belair

Also just got a reservation here, Thursday through Monday. The lady instantly recognized me as an Otakon caller once I gave her the date.

So if you don't have a room yet, call quickly before they're full.

Fattytan you’re the man!

I was going to post a thread just like this but you posted it up just before me. (was running late for work already haha)

But yep its true. I reserved mine this morning right around the time this post was made.

I also suggest calling 1-888-HOLIDAY rather than the local number, because you'll get faster service.

Just called the Holiday Inn 15 minutes ago, and I was able to reserve a room.

Just a quick heads up for those people planning to reserve a room there: all that they have left when it comes to the rooms at Otakon rate are the ones with the single king-size bed.

Guest Shadablade

Thanks for the heads up. I jumped my reservation from the Sheraton to here and am saving a good $100 / night!

This will also be my first Otakon (after trying for so many years.....) and I am primed for it! 8)

So, when should one start looking out for those looking for additional roomies? I probably wouldn't settle on anything yet, just because websites like Travelocity and Hotels.com wont even let one search that far in the future, so I can't even find out what hotels outside of Baltimore look like yet. I just didn't know when people start collecting others to share in a room lol.

So, when should one start looking out for those looking for additional roomies? I probably wouldn't settle on anything yet, just because websites like Travelocity and Hotels.com wont even let one search that far in the future, so I can't even find out what hotels outside of Baltimore look like yet. I just didn't know when people start collecting others to share in a room lol.

I usually start a couple months before the con, but I know many people who start much earlier. The closer to the con you start looking, the less chance someone will back out on you - a lot of plans can change in the course of a year!

• 2 months later...
I just reserved a double room at the Holiday Inn!!

This is the first time I've gotten a room at this hotel and I've heard its the otakon party hotel. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, if that's true, it's a "responsible party" hotel. Keep in mind while you party that your behavior reflects on the convention - and can potentially affect Otakon's ability to negotiate inexpensive rates for room blocks. Bonehead stunts like playing in and with traffic, or pushing plants into elevators, will almost certainly push rates up - or make con rates impossible at some hotels. Conversely, acting responsibly, not trashing rooms, and not broadcasting that you've managed to squeeze 20 people into one hotel room (...or even trying to squeeze more than 6 in at all) is a simple way to help keep con rates available, and affordable.

Have fun, but don't be an idiot.

• 4 weeks later...
I just reserved a double room at the Holiday Inn!!

This is the first time I've gotten a room at this hotel and I've heard its the otakon party hotel. :D

Hopefully, if that's true, it's a "responsible party" hotel. Keep in mind while you party that your behavior reflects on the convention - and can potentially affect Otakon's ability to negotiate inexpensive rates for room blocks. Bonehead stunts like playing in and with traffic, or pushing plants into elevators, will almost certainly push rates up - or make con rates impossible at some hotels. Conversely, acting responsibly, not trashing rooms, and not broadcasting that you've managed to squeeze 20 people into one hotel room (...or even trying to squeeze more than 6 in at all) is a simple way to help keep con rates available, and affordable.

Have fun, but don't be an idiot.

do otaku really do those things? That sounds more like a Jock/football party thing.

No, what I ment by "party" was up all night, room doors open, people playing games and watching anime in rooms, hanging out, etc. sorta like a katsucon. I didnt mean partying like THAT. Too me, thats not fun anyway

It does and has happened at past cons, Otakon or otherwise.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, Duelist, but before you plan to have even a low-key party with your fellow congoers, double-check with the hotel's front-desk staff that they're okay with it. The Sheraton and (if I remember correctly) the Hyatt are strictly no party hotels. And keep in mind that the better-behaved you are in general, the more likely it is that the hotel will turn a blind eye to you rooming with five or six of your closest friends. :D

do otaku really do those things? That sounds more like a Jock/football party thing.

No, what I ment by "party" was up all night, room doors open, people playing games and watching anime in rooms, hanging out, etc. sorta like a katsucon. I didnt mean partying like THAT. Too me, thats not fun anyway

It does and has happened at past cons, Otakon or otherwise.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, Duelist, but before you plan to have even a low-key party with your fellow congoers, double-check with the hotel's front-desk staff that they're okay with it. The Sheraton and (if I remember correctly) the Hyatt are strictly no party hotels. And keep in mind that the better-behaved you are in general, the more likely it is that the hotel will turn a blind eye to you rooming with five or six of your closest friends. :D

hotels are in the business of rooming people, therefore, having a full house is very profitable for it and the surrounding business. they want you to be there.

the better behaved the con goers are, the better the hotel will go out of their way to treat their guests.

be a total ass,destroy the hotel and watch how fast the hospitality drops

hotels are in the business of rooming people, therefore, having a full house is very profitable for it and the surrounding business. they want you to be there.

the better behaved the con goers are, the better the hotel will go out of their way to treat their guests.

be a total ass,destroy the hotel and watch how fast the hospitality drops

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.