If You Had a Limitless Budget...

Lately I've been out of the costuming 'scene' because I've not had the funds to spare to make fabulous (or un-fabulous, depending) costumes.

But my question is this: If you had unlimited funds to spend on your cosplay(s), what would you make? Would you make a lot of solidly constructed garments? Would you spend your life perfecting just one super-elaborate giant robot?

To answer my own question: I'd probably make at least four outfits, constructed solidly enough that I could wear them (if I wanted) for everyday stuff, too.

Belle from Kingdom Hearts 2/Beauty and the Beast

Charlotte from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Anthy's Rose Bride dress from Shojo Kakumei Utena

and just because I could: A decent Sailor Jupiter, heh.

So, pretend you have $50 million! What costume(s) would you make?

first of all. i would invest some of that cash. AFTER ALL OF THAT lol i will make a really nice wolfwood costume with working "cross punisher"!!

...and be unable to bring it with you anywhere....

It's got, what, about a dozen guns and a bazooka, or something?

:lol:

12 Grader Single Hand 2043 .45 caliber Auto pistols. 1 full auto machine gun that fires 12.74mm rounds. Last but certainly not least 1 single shot rocket launcher featuring a splash damage explosive warhead.

sounds pretty illegal to me (i know i sound crazy but wolfwood is awesome)

I would love to make an amazing Eternal Sailor Moon costume with amazing feathered wings, the most intricate and lovely wings ever made! And an Eternal Tier that can lengthen to full size and back again, that'd be really awesome too :3

OOO unlimited whatchamacallit BUDGET! *ahem*

I would cosplay as:

Hidan or Kakuzu (naruto)

Marluxia or Saix *KH*

Uh

A power ranger? XD

uh, Kyo from Dir en Grey

Kamineko *Azumanga Daioh*

Totoro

Or...Barney...yes...the purple abomination that is barney

or a teletubbie XD j/k

With an unlimited budget my cosplay list would probably be endless; but the ones close to my heart are:

Kou Shuurei's court gown from Saiunkoku Monogatari

Gackt's (Malice Mizer era) snake skin duster costume from the Au Revoir video

Gackt's (MM era) "death" costume from the Gekka no Yasoukyoku video

Kami's (MM) pirate costume from the Gekka no Yasoukyoku video

Kozi's (MM) harlequin costume from the Gekka no Yasoukyoku video

Yu~ki's (MM) Le Ciel gargoyle costume from the le`space concert

Abel Nightlord Krushnick form from Trinity Blood

Kachiko (Scorpion Clan) from the Legend of the Five Rings

either Kakita Yoshi or Shiryo no Chiroku (Crane Clan) from the Legend of the Five Rings.

......told you it was long :lol:

Since we're talking limitless budget here...that leaves me lots of possibilities.

My first choice would most likely be...

Komamura's Bankai.

I'm sure that in itself would cost a crapload of cash...the rest of which I'd probably lose somewhere...

• 4 weeks later...

An unlimited budget would be awesome as long as I had the time to go with it.

On that note, the costumes I would have to go for would be:

Chi from Chobits,

Karin from Karin (Chibi Vampire),

Yuko Ichihara from xxxHolic,

Zelda (not sure which one yet),

Malificent from Kingdom Hearts,

Komuji from Nurse Witch,

and probably a ton more once those were done. :)

-A wearable Voltron complete with sword and glowing eyes

-Alphonse Elric with sound fx for every step I take

-Cream the Rabbit from Sonic the Hedgehog, oh wait, I'm doing that right now for AnimeUSA.

Cloud Strife, complete with 12-piece wooden Buster Sword (that costs 2k).

Volt Krueger, with custom embroidered leather cactuar jacket and about a billion fake piercings.

Master Chief. I'm sure some crazy bastard out there could make me a full-body spartan suit if I paid them enough.

• 5 weeks later...

Heh, I would find a way to get at least 80 if not 90 other people to dress up as the 101 stars of Suikoden 2 or 5. I used to wish my school's band was more into that stuff. A Suikoden orchestra would have been SO cool. And we had the cutest guy on drums--he would have been perfect as Flik. His favorite color was even blue.

hmmmmmm........ 50 million for cosplay costumes? that's dangerous for me. My apartment would be filled to the ceiling with cosutmes:

1. Final Form Sora, Saix, or Axel from KH2

2. Renji and Hitsugaya from Bleach........ maybe even hitsugaya's Bankai, in some fashion

3. Vegeta from DBZ....... please, I love him

4. any Freya or Chii outfit from Chobits....... all of them look hard to do.

5. Kaitou Jeanne full outfit from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne [my dream cosplay]

6. Takiko Okuda, Limdo, or Tomite from Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden

......... and finally JUST Cloud's buster Sword, 'cause it looks awsome

okay, I'll stop now

I think I could spend it all on a few Lolita outfits. >.< They seem to cost unlimited amounts of money anyway.

unlimited budget... id go as a giant serve bot or tron bot and bring all my little cousins and neighbors (since i could afford the hotels transport and cost) dressed as serve bots and we would take over the dealers room

Volt Krueger, with custom embroidered leather cactuar jacket and about a billion fake piercings.

Master Chief. I'm sure some crazy bastard out there could make me a full-body spartan suit if I paid them enough.

unlimited budget... id go as a giant serve bot or tron bot and bring all my little cousins and neighbors (since i could afford the hotels transport and cost) dressed as serve bots and we would take over the dealers room

dude ebay had them for like a grand

Optimus Prime ~ Transformers

Bahamut ~ Final Fantasy

Darth Vader ~ Star Wars

Eva Unit 03 ~ Neon Genesis Evangelion

The Red Comet (Char's Gundam) ~ Mobile Suit Gundam

• 1 month later...

I'd make a full-size Hiruko puppet to go with my Sasori costume. I was actually planning to make something like it... basically some PVC pipe, wheels and a basket to throw my crap in, and I'd pull it around by a leash... with with an unlimited budget, I'd make it fully functional!

Another I'd love to do would be a full-body DORUmon costume with blinking eyes and a workable tail. Of course, I'd probably have a heat stroke in that thing.

• 3 weeks later...

If money were no object...I'd spend the money to do a really well done/Hollywood quality art book version Able Nightroad. The costume is SO very detailed. I'd spend money on clases for metal working to make all of those wonderfull doodads all over his coat. I'd get a wig master to make me a grey wig base that will blend into my skin. I'd even buy those red scelera contacts that red out the entire eye. Finaly I would make a set of retractable wings.

But since money is an object...I won't be doing that anytme soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An unlimited budget? Give me a reasonable amount of time as well--this means far less college work--and I'll attempt one or more of the following:

- ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam from Gundam SEED Destiny (as made by "Goldy" on Cosplay.com)

- PTX-015 Wildwurger or PTX-016 Wildfalken from the Super Robot Wars series.

- Nick Vrenna's powered armor from Abuse.

- ARX-8 Laevatein from the Full Metal Panic! series.

- "Paparazzi Gundam" (don't ask; it's an inside joke)

Pretty much any involved mecha cosplay would do well, in fact.

Edited by PlasmaFire

I'd perfect all my current cosplays.

I'd make a Yuko cosplay from xxxHolic cosplay.

A Shukaku (Spelling?) cosplay from Naruto.

A Sasuke in the coffin cosplay from Naruto.

"Sasuke in the coffin" = Me cosplaying as full curse mark Sasuke in the coffin from the Sasuke Retrevial ark. I'd pop out and roar at people.

• 1 month later...

Since i can't make clothes to save my life... i would buy the really nice coat i saw the other day at the mall that would've worked perfectly. ._. (But $140... ow.)

• 3 weeks later...

With an unlimited amount of funds, I would try to make as many cosplays from my "I wanna do that sometime" list as I can. Some are rather expensive, some are not. But funds and time are key to both. :D

If I had a limitless budget then I would do some sort of elaborate SquareEnix cosplay, basically cosplaying as anything created by them. Then I would probably do a very good Gundam cosplay or the Guyver. Havent seen that at Otakon yet so I would do that yet.

I'll do a tiny section of my list:

Half Life 2 (Freemon and Alyx)

Freya's black armored dress and her red Spanish-like dress

Fran

Sabriel (by Garth Nix) with full mail

Kyo from Dir en Grey's Miyaku

Full out accurate Katamari outfits

An improved Haruko Haruhara complete with real Rickenbacker and Vespa

Trigun

Sesshoumaru/Rin

All of Jareth's costumes

My original Fiery design from Labyrinth

And then I'd pay Hiromoto Sin-Ichi to finally finish publishing Stone so I can read it all and get enough good images to cosplay that.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be hard to just name a few. But I would have a lot of them and i would try to wear them once a week maybe even twice. Then Me and my friends could all cosplay down the street into home depo and buy something random that we dont need.

Oh! and save the money for some more costumes later.