XBL Gamertag/Now Playing?

• 3 weeks later...

sooo I made a very poor choice last night and made an impulse buy of a 360.

So my live gamertag is LinuxColonel

I only have the orange box so far, but I have a few original xbox games that are live playable. I'm planning on getting halo next most likely, then probably gears.... and dmc4...and blue dragon, and bioshock, and re5 and the list goes on.

I highly recommend diving into the Live Arcade for choice picks. Lumines Live and Every Extend Extreme Extra are fun. So is Street Fighter II. The Genesis ports are also fun.

And remember, there's a fairly huge selection of Anime in the XBL Video Marketplace, and even a few movies (remember the HD Akira that Geneon was promoting at their booth?).

I highly recommend diving into the Live Arcade for choice picks. Lumines Live and Every Extend Extreme Extra are fun. So is Street Fighter II. The Genesis ports are also fun.

And remember, there's a fairly huge selection of Anime in the XBL Video Marketplace, and even a few movies (remember the HD Akira that Geneon was promoting at their booth?).

Lumines is great, so addciting. DOOM on XBLM is a pretty good choice. All 4 episodes for ten bucks. Sonic is some real easy Gamerpoints too.

And if you're gonna get Halo, go and get the original Marathon Durandal on XBLM as well and see how it all started.

Orange box is the normal 60$

And yes, portal is awesome, I just beat it the first time last night, so I unlocked all the hard levels. I want to start doing all of the challenges now. A lot of people say it was too short, but honestly I liked the length of the game. The last level was insane, and that ending battle-ish thing was so good. CAKE!! I loved the ending song too, soo funny.

I've been playing the lumines demo as well, it's pretty awesome.

I think I want to play through halo 2 now before I get 3, just to do it. I have it, but my xbox broke before I got to play most of it. Man this system is so much fun.

Oh thanks for ruining it the plot for me! Kidding, I beat it on legendary.. I still think the legendary ending was pretty cool.

And I got my rank to major online, I have the awesome star thingy now.. sweet!

Hasn't there been like, over 9000 of these threads already?

Gamertag - Xenogil

Right now, look for me on Halo 3, cause I'm on virtually every night, usually from 11 PM to 4 AM EST. I get on a lot earlier when I don't have class, though.

I might be getting back into Armored Core 4 soon however, and I know that I'll be playing a lot of the Orange Box and Virtua Fighter 5 once I pick those up.

As for Live Arcade titles, you can find me on Marathon: Durandal and Bomberman Live once in a blue moon.

(Oh, and as for Doom, it's a real chore to play on the 360; I always get lag in online matches, and the game constantly freezes on me, so you will never see me playing it.)

Hasn't there been like, over 9000 of these threads already?

Gamertag - Xenogil

Right now, look for me on Halo 3, cause I'm on virtually every night, usually from 11 PM to 4 AM EST. I get on a lot earlier when I don't have class, though.

I might be getting back into Armored Core 4 soon however, and I know that I'll be playing a lot of the Orange Box and Virtua Fighter 5 once I pick those up.

As for Live Arcade titles, you can find me on Marathon: Durandal and Bomberman Live once in a blue moon.

(Oh, and as for Doom, it's a real chore to play on the 360; I always get lag in online matches, and the game constantly freezes on me, so you will never see me playing it.)

My 360 gave me the Red Ring of Death the other day. What really sucks is that I just got the HDDVD player (Free Heroes Season 1 at Best Buy) and I was still working on some H3 achievements. MS will fix it for free though, so I should be getting the coffin shortly, and I may have a 1 month live card when I get it back.

My 360 gave me the Red Ring of Death the other day. What really sucks is that I just got the HDDVD player (Free Heroes Season 1 at Best Buy) and I was still working on some H3 achievements. MS will fix it for free though, so I should be getting the coffin shortly, and I may have a 1 month live card when I get it back.

Yep, you get a Katana on your back for getting all the achievements. Goes well with the Hayabusa/Shredder armor perms, but so many people use them, it gets irritating seeing it all the time. I use the ODST helmet, and switch between combinations of EOD and Scout gear.

Oh, and while I'm on armor perms, Bungie's giving out recon perms every so often to select individuals, if you're super duper extra special. Check out this week's update on their site, and you can see a photo of the recon armor perm if you haven't seen it yet, or played against a Bungie staff member.

Man, I want those shoulder pads.

:shock:

• 4 weeks later...

so I just got gears of war. it's pretty badass, definitely a fun game. I am being pulled toward buying assasin's creed, but I think i'm gonna wait a bit and save some $$

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to go play halo 3 right now for a bit, haven't had too much time to play recently. GT was changed to xXNBKXx Kakarot Add me and we'll pwn some noobs! :(

Halo 3 on Live is SEVERELY pissing me off. This leveling crap is teh bull.

I'm about to give up my player ranking and stick to social matches. People online are just too friggin' good.

I have Gears but I haven't really played it online. Halo 3's ranking system is completely different than 2 in the fact that YOU have to personally do well to really rank up. It's all based on your K/D ratio, accuracy, and consistency in games. Having a good team helps you get better scores though, which is also a problem I've always had because I always go in team games myself.

Did you get Forza with it too? I'm guessing it was the holiday pack they gave you.

Yeah, Forza did come with it, however I'm not much for racing games, so I'm pretty much ignoring it.

'kay so... we should play Gears. I'm gonna try to get on around 11a EST tomorrow. I'll stay for a few hours.

Oh Xenogil, I got your friend request.

Gears is so much freaking fun online now that I know what I'm doing. Tell me doing this to someone isn't the best feeling in the world.

Edited by Otaku Ru
'kay so... we should play Gears. I'm gonna try to get on around 11a EST tomorrow. I'll stay for a few hours.

Oh Xenogil, I got your friend request.

Gears is so much freaking fun online now that I know what I'm doing. Tell me doing this to someone isn't the best feeling in the world.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty much a noob at the whole XBL thing too so if anyone wanna look me up and help a guy get good at Halo 3 then that would be perfect. Here is my gamertag:

Kazeneko777

I got some friends who, although they might just be playing around, really like to test my patience when we're playing. Im not as good as I thought I was once playing with them and one of them wasnt all that good either, but now he's better than me and they tend to rub it in my face a bit. I only have a gold account for a month thanks to a card I had so please look me up soon.

Oh and if you do in fact find me just say something about Otakon so I wont be confused with the random friend request.