Who are you going to cosplay?

Aww! I'd really like to see that! I may be going as Aerith from CC, but it'll probably next year. I may also be with a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Solid Snake, Hikaru from Angelic Layer...and others undecided. But Zelda from TP is on Friday. And Saturday is Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle!
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww! I'd really like to see that! I may be going as Aerith from CC, but it'll probably next year. I may also be with a Super Smash Brothers Brawl Solid Snake, Hikaru from Angelic Layer...and others undecided. But Zelda from TP is on Friday. And Saturday is Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle!

Ooooh. Hikaru. *drools* I've cosplayed as Icchan Mihara before. Even had a NERV badge made for Icchan since him and Gendo are kinda my two favorite pervy male characters. heh. *wonders where his lab coat is*

Otherwise, I'm just cosplaying as a staffer. It's a slack costume, doesn't require much preparation. ^_^

Okay okay I know this is like a fifth time I have changed my cosplay but two of them have been bought and I'm in the process of buying the third.

Friday- Chrome Dokuro from Hitman Reborn (The one I'm in the process of buying.

Saturday- Temari from Naruto

Sunday- A Decora/Waloli kimono ^__^

The only thing that could change is the first one *crosses fingers* YEAHHH

I could have sworn I posted here, but apparently not!

I have a fair list this year, but nothing big by most peoples standards.

I'll have Blaziken from Poke'mon

More then likely Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop.

And probably my Legato Bluesummers costume too.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m13817/

Edited by Michelle Bluesummers

My plan is to be Yuki from Vampire Knight on Friday and i will be carrying my BJD boy as Kaname. My friend is going to be Ruka and she is going to carry her boy as Zero. We just have to finish their suits.

Then Saturday i just plan on wearing Lolita.

In the past, I have gone as a member of Akatsuki (Naruto) and Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts 2), so this year I want something...more simple and easy, but still something I've never seen done really. So this year I'm going as Keitaro from Love Hina, with the white labcoat he wears when he comes back from his 6 months in America, that basic outfit and a stuffed turtle on my shoulder. (No one steal this idea of I'll have my Tama kill you! O.O)

Ooooh. Hikaru. *drools* I've cosplayed as Icchan Mihara before. Even had a NERV badge made for Icchan since him and Gendo are kinda my two favorite pervy male characters. heh. *wonders where his lab coat is*

Otherwise, I'm just cosplaying as a staffer. It's a slack costume, doesn't require much preparation. :D

Just got my pre-registration out of the way. I'm... currently surrounded by craft supplies. I've got a silver apple drying outside with botched-up clear-coating, and I'm in the process of figuring out how to go about mocking up my copy of LOVELESS. You'll see me around as Genesis.

Otherwise, I'm just cosplaying as a staffer. It's a slack costume, doesn't require much preparation. :D

Turns out I'm notb sure if Hikaru is even coming. T.T Maybe next year...

Here is my situation. My primary plan is to cosplay as a Scout from Team Fortress 2. However, I am wondering if it is considered taboo to be cosplaying as a character that isn't in the "Anime/Manga/Japanese video game" style. I do have a back up plan: Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but I don't want to commit to this significantly more difficult costume without knowing the Scout idea is no good. I am requesting some of your wisdom for this predicament.

Note: this is my first Otakon visit (3rd convention visit overall)

Sunday I'll definitely be in my Taichi "Tai Kamiya" Yagami outifit from Digimon Adventure, and I want to bring at Ak/gito from Air Gear one of the days but I don't know which meet-up to go to with it. If I can it'll probably be the one on Thursday.

I also will probably have my Van Fanel costume out at some point, too, just to get more used to it, :3

Can't wait to see everyone elses cosplays! :rolleyes:

For my First Otakon (and first anime convention.... actually first everything), Me and my freind are both going to be Kyo Kusanagi from King of Fighters. ^_^

Gonna be cosplaying on Saturday

Edited by Jiffery
Saturday

Chibi Chibi Moon...:Sailor Moon= 15%...yes I have gone to the Moonie Side @-@

Edited by SailorV
Just got my pre-registration out of the way. I'm... currently surrounded by craft supplies. I've got a silver apple drying outside with botched-up clear-coating, and I'm in the process of figuring out how to go about mocking up my copy of LOVELESS. You'll see me around as Genesis.

AAAAAAH GENESIS!!! My friend is an obsessive fangirl of Genesis....so I need to get a picture of you! It's amazing you are going to have a dumbapple and LOVELESS. ^^ Are you going to quote any of LOVELESS?

I have 4 other friends doing Team Fortress 2 cosplays with me.. it's gonna be so EPIC

If you see a red Pyro, girl-Scout, Engineer, girl-Medic and Soldier walking around, it's us. ^_^

Other than that, my girlfriend is a VK freak so we're doing Kaname & Yuuki.

And I posted it here before but I'm also doing Chad from Bleach. That's gonna be my big one since I look pretty much JUST like him, minus the cuban tan. ><;

I'm excited to finally announce my costumes and I think I've figured out when I'm going to wear everything as well (although the order is definitely subject to change knowing me) Yay!!

Lucky Star cosplay extravaganza!!!

Thursday night- Akira Kogami

Friday- Konata Izumi in her pink school uniform

Saturday- Konata Izumi as Haruhi Suzumiya

Sunday- Akira Kogami

For Thursday and Sunday I'll be Subaru from Tokyo Babylon in his red jacket outfit and for Friday and Saturday I'll be Ike from Super Smash Bros. Brawl/Fire Emblem.

In no particular order of days:

Train Heartnet - Black Cat

Kankuro (with my weightless friend on my back as Crow) - Naruto

Hoshikagi Kisame - Naruto

Legato Bluesummers- Trigun

I'm excited about going as Train, I'll have the cat eyes, tho I can't stand contacts :unsure:

Edited by Baka_Neko

As I'm traveling from the West Coast for this...I'm still debating on how much I want to carry over with me :unsure: . My Kurogane from TRC won't be making the trip due to how difficult it would be to get that sword across the US in one piece... So far I'm debating on:

Seto Kaiba (Battle City) - YuGiOh! Duel Monsters

Assassin - Raganrok Online

Chrono - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Kyon - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Colonel Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist

And should I actually finish it, time-skip Commander Simon from Gurren-Lagann.

... So far I'm debating on:

Seto Kaiba (Battle City) - YuGiOh! Duel Monsters

Assassin - Raganrok Online

Chrono - Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Kyon - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Colonel Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist

And should I actually finish it, time-skip Commander Simon from Gurren-Lagann.

My plans have changed yet again, it will most likely be

Masaki (Super Robot Wars) its going to be worn at the JAM project concert and most of that day.

Ness (Mother/Earthbound) - I'll be the one with the Gutsy bat.

and probably one of the following

Keiichi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

Scout (Team Fortress 2)

Blacksmith (Ragnarok Online)

Had to scrap Hube and Kyoko due to time restraints, but I am still cosplaying the KKM Shrine Maiden (Saturday) and I'm bringing MaCha (Friday?) out of retirement.

I decided to change my idea for Cosplaying this year, while I was orginally going to do Apollo Justice, I'm now going as Tomoya Okazaki from the Clannad Series. I've got everything ready but the hardest and that is the blazer. I had to pay some shop to get that made cause mine suck. It should be ready about 2 weeks before Otakon happens. My sister wanted to go as Fuko Ibuki from Clannad, so the blazer I also had to order too. The only thing left to do is fix my hair, since currently my hair style would show me being more like Youhei Sunohara then Tomoya since my hair is light and parted in the middle.

Ok so in the end I ended up being able to book a hotel room and am now going to Otakon!!! XD My cosplays are also deffinate.

I'll be going as:

1.) Bakura Ryou (Yu-Gi-Oh)

2.) Zero's Natsuo (Loveless)

3.) Kyoko Kirisaki (Black Cat)

YAY!!!! Now I'm happy! I'll be able to go to my first Otakon now instead of next year! LoL XD

I am going as young Rosette Christopher (pink dress, boots and braids) and my bf is going as Chrono in his boy form(original outfit he was wearing when she first met him) both from Chrono Crusade ^.^

QUOTE (UltimateInsult @ Mar 26 2008, 07:22 PM) *

Right now, I'm pretty sure I want to be King Dedede (from the Kirby series, but Brawl-style), although the costume's more complicated than those I usually do.

Last year, I was a Raving Rabbid, which was a LOT of fun when I wasn't boiling up from the fleece suit. XD

Edited by ZGL
moderator edit: added information from double post

Sadly my plans changed... instead of going as the bunny virus with my friend going as Skuld from Ah My Goddess! (She didn't think she was going to be able to come thus we didn't make the costumes then when she decided to come We didn't think we had enough time to pull together her costume) We're doing it next year for sure!

So instead I am going as Cardcaptor Sakura in her blue costume with stars. (I believe its in the 2nd movie, The Sealed Card) Which is about 80% done I'd say.

as well as wearing our KasiMasi uniforms from last year!

Otakon 2008 Cosplay:

Friday: Ouji-sama/Aristocratic Gothic Lolita (I get to wear pants and a cute top hat...life=wonderful!)

Saturday: Utena Tenjou (Revolutionary Girl Utena), this is definately more well-known the any of my previous cosplay work.

Sunday: Sae Kurosawa aka Bloody Kimono (Project Zero 2)

I'd really love to see some Devil May Cry, Revolutionary Girl Utena (I need a Touga to pose with :)) and Fatal Frame cosplayers...I missed the girl cosplaying Mio by like 5 minutes...I really wanted to pose with her. So if you're doing anything Fatal Frame...let me know and track me down on Sunday!

Otakon 2008 Cosplay:

Friday: Ouji-sama/Aristocratic Gothic Lolita (I get to wear pants and a cute top hat...life=wonderful!)

Saturday: Utena Tenjou (Revolutionary Girl Utena), this is definately more well-known the any of my previous cosplay work.

I'd really love to see some Devil May Cry, Revolutionary Girl Utena (I need a Touga to pose with ^_^) and Fatal Frame cosplayers...I missed the girl cosplaying Mio by like 5 minutes...I really wanted to pose with her. So if you're doing anything Fatal Frame...let me know and track me down on Sunday!

Otakon 2008 Cosplay:

I'd really love to see some Devil May Cry, Revolutionary Girl Utena (I need a Touga to pose with :P) and Fatal Frame cosplayers...I missed the girl cosplaying Mio by like 5 minutes...I really wanted to pose with her. So if you're doing anything Fatal Frame...let me know and track me down on Sunday!

I cosplayed Mio last year, not sure if i will do it this year, got 4 other cosplays that i am doing ><

Of course that would be the year that I had to work the entire weekend so I couldn't go >_< Wow four other cosplays?! I thought it would be tough this year for me to manage three. Depending on the weather and what time my friends and I are leaving, I may or may not cosplay Sae on Sunday. I kinda don't want to go back home to Pennsylvania and have to stop to eat...and have all the patrons looking at me like I'm nuts :P

If you decide to use your Mio cosplay, let me know and I'll attempt to haunt you...I mean find you for a picture :D

Due to friends not being able to go this year, and me having to pay more to go, my Shishio cosplay will not be complete for this year's Otakon. I'll have to save it for next year I guess. At least it gives me time to improve it.

I'm planning to cosplay as the following on Otakon:

Friday: Kensuke Aida (School Uniform)

Saturday: Kensuke Aida (Casual Uniform)

Sunday: Shinsengumi Uniform

If I'm coming for Thursday pre-registration pick-up, I'll bring my THE CREATE book and corresponding clow cards.