A Dream Come True: Sonic is ready to brawl!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sonic.html

Can you say fan service? =3

Looks like his Final Smash has something to do with his Super form, that should be pretty cool.

I'm glad I reserved Brawl so early. I can't wait.

Some sad news, however.. it's been delayed until late January of 2008 in Japan. Who knows when it'll be out in America T.T

I don't know about that... I agree without making sure everything is up to snuff before finishing the game you're doing several groups of people several categories of injustice. However comma to have a date set for so long and then push it back on a whim because you didn't anticipate the delays at hand... that almost pisses me off more. I mean I'm the employee/manager/gofer during my shift so I can't just take off a few days a few weeks in advance, my job just ins't very easy to cover without a lot of notice. I had a week off in December that I need to cancel and hope I can work it into the schedule again when another release date comes out, assuming nobody already has time off there already... *sigh*

'sides that, ya Sonic looks pretty fluid with his attacks, potential cheapness *sniff sniff* in the air here...

Yea while it could be a good thing to delay a game to fix some things... Sometimes it can be bad, because it just adds more hype. You come to expect that the game will be that much better because they spent so much time working on it. I'm not saying that the game is going to disappoint, but extremely long delays make for much higher expectations.

looks like february 10th is the planned NA release

Yea, it sucks that its coming out so late, although this gives me more time to get a wii...... and by get a wii I mean move back into my dorm where my roommate has one.

Ah but here's the catch. He and Tails are only unlockable by 20 Fighting Wireframes in Cruel Melee. If you don't unlock them, it's because you're doing it wrong. Repeat ad infinitum.

(I'd love to see that happen just as a nod to EGM.)

• 3 weeks later...

Haha... yeah thinking back to EGM's April fool's issue was the first thing that came across my mind when that post went up. Love the melee days. But even better than sonic IMO is "King Dedede!" HAL Labs. who created Kirby and went on to creat SSB went thru two smash games before finally getting him in. They wanted to put him in the first and second games but missed the opportunity (for whatever reasons.) Also the fact that there is now 4 Heavy weights with the assumption Ganondorf will return means more class variety. (Since Ganondorf was the clone of C. Falcon they want to change his fighting moves to avoid clone wars hince the delay of those two characters on smash.com or that's my theory. it really could be as simple as stringing out the announcements as long as possible since the game has been delayed.......February 10th, 2008.

also the return of individual character appearances is awesome cause a lot of people missed them in melee.

Speaking of clone wars, something that was mentioned under Bowser's description is that there would be some differences in how the characters are controlled and that if we think we can jump right into their melee style of fighting then we are mistaken. So from that I depict things won't be so simple as big = slow and strong (although that actually makes more sense that way... *shrug*)

More over, I'm getting more and more concerned our favorate clones from SSBM and some regulars from SSB are being given the boot to make way for more well-rounded and multi-classing characters.

Example: Ike looks to be a fairly strong toon, but I fear they might ditch Marth and Roy because of it as apposed to having 3 Fire Emblem toons. The same with Ganondorf and Falcon, I hope since they were a fast and slow version of eachothers' attacks they find a way to diversify their moves and keep them, or at least Ganondorf (Falcon was the cheap button in SSB but in SSBM he's dam anoying as crap... and Ganondorf is the epitimy of uberness with the best defense in the game, very good attack and just more sheer uberness)

I know I've already stated it before but I can't help but worry about Shiek's longevity. Yes it's obvious she has many, many fans, (I'm the biggest and taking it to the grave) but the fact remains Shiek was a bi-product that tied in with the Ocarina of Time theme... whereass the current theme is The Twilight Princess... so is she gonna transform into the dark figure instead, or still Shiek, or transform at all and have Shiek as a seperate toon, or will Shiek disapear from Smash period? All are viable possibilities and are the same with Lucas, I hope they keep Ness, but it seems like they're starting to combining toons and reducing numbers so it scares me a little is all.

(As a side note, it's a wonder why they kept the Ice Climbers at all, especially given the Japanese were the ones who got to give input on the toons to be.... seriously the Ice Climbers... what a joke...)

Ah well... :cry:

Speaking of clone wars, something that was mentioned under Bowser's description is that there would be some differences in how the characters are controlled and that if we think we can jump right into their melee style of fighting then we are mistaken. So from that I depict things won't be so simple as big = slow and strong (although that actually makes more sense that way... *shrug*)
I'm getting more and more concerned our favorate clones from SSBM and some regulars from SSB are being given the boot to make way for more well-rounded and multi-classing characters.

Example: Ike looks to be a fairly strong toon, but I fear they might ditch Marth and Roy because of it as apposed to having 3 Fire Emblem toons. The same with Ganondorf and Falcon.

I know I've already stated it before but I can't help but worry about Shiek's longevity. --- I hope they keep Ness, but it seems like they're starting to combining toons and reducing numbers so it scares me a little is all.

(As a side note, it's a wonder why they kept the Ice Climbers at all, especially given the Japanese were the ones who got to give input on the toons to be.... seriously the Ice Climbers... what a joke...)

Ummm I heard that Brawl was pushed back until February in America. In case anyone was wondering, but yeah woot Sonic I have a feeling that it might be pretty cool. Now does anyone know how many characters are going to be in this one? I hope theres more than what Melee had.

• 2 weeks later...

This from the other thread:

Nov 13 2007, 03:34 PM Post #34

Otaku In Training

Group: Members

Member No.: 14,161

In my blind optomism of Shiek being in Brawl I went searching the forums all over various sites and came across this:

========================

Sheik and Ganondorf confirmed for Brawl

Posted on August 2nd, 2007 by Wailord.

Categories: SSBB, Wii.

In an interview from GameInformer, Eiji Aonuma, who directed Twilight Princess, let go that both Sheik and Ganondorf will be returning for the next iteration in the Smash Bros. series. Zelda had already been confirmed for quite a while, so the fact that Sheik is in it comes at no surprise.

This brings the total number of confirmed characters up to 15 as of writing, not including unlockables.

========================

Eiji Aonuma Talks DS Development And More

by Billy Berghammer

POSTED: 8/2/2007 5:51 PM

hen Shigeru Miyamoto decided to take Link into the third dimension with The Ocarina of Time, he tapped the talents of Eiji Aonuma. From then on, Aonuma has been closly tied to the world of Zelda, most recently with his work on the Phantom Hourglass. We spoke with Aonuma about his thoughts on developing for the DS and his favorite games--and even got a little Super Smash Bros. Brawl scoop.

Game Informer: So how does it feel to have Phantom Hourglass finished

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think ZSS has Shiek beat... I saw some new video and (fact hold "R" down when selecting stage as Samus you start as ZSS) her moves are fast and they combo like crazy From what it looks like her forward smash has a huge reach and tilt --> A hits in front and back. Whip stun gun > needle (I meant to to up B and the chain came out at the most inappropriate time)

• 1 month later...

So I know this thread is a bit outdated now but has anyone been playing this yet? My friends and I have been playing nonstop for a couple weeks now. We've unlocked every character with multiplayer matches (yes I know, it's a LOT of matches). It's incredible. perfect.

Don't have it yet.....waiting for the NA release...looking forward to it though...I can't imagine all the Kirby (costume) possibilities with all the new characters lol.

Taken from a friend who picked it up today in DC. (yes, today)

"They broke the release and are already selling it early at the Target that just opened up on 14th and Park NW. I'm not sure if thats true of other Targets or not."

*Steps away slowly from thread*

nope...they sure did....I think they are doing that all over the street...mine won't ship till monday unfortunately from amazon....so it'll be at least a good week before I get it.

Pit is for noobs! >>; I played the japanese version at Katsucon and I must say I'm very excited.

A friend and I are going to the midnight release at GameStop even though it's snowing 4 inches an hour here in Buffalo and probably won't stop until tomorrow night.

I got mine at a midnight release Sunday morning. I love it. So far I've stuck with Zelda as my main character (she was my main character in Melee). I'm still unlocking all the characters (I had to let my son play some yesterday so I am a bit behind).

Well, I'm not exactly a fan of Sonic. ^_^

Oh no you didn't! xD

Oh yes I did. Sonic may be *your* favorite character, but not mine. ^_^

There is a generation gap here speaking. Kid Icarus is one of my favorite games EVER from when I was 7 (going 20 years back to NES was THE console) and I have been waiting YEARS to see him in a game. Never cared for Sonic past the original Sonic the Hedgehog game.

So I will say what I said in my LJ: Pit ftw *omiting the last part to what I said*.

Zero Suit Samus is my second favorite SSBB character to play XD

haven't played in awhile...but I'll just have to start beating people with Luigi again....I won a tournament with a pink Luigi quite a few years ago...it was a good laugh xD

Oh yes I did. Sonic may be *your* favorite character, but not mine. ^_^

There is a generation gap here speaking. Kid Icarus is one of my favorite games EVER from when I was 7 (going 20 years back to NES was THE console) and I have been waiting YEARS to see him in a game. Never cared for Sonic past the original Sonic the Hedgehog game.

So I will say what I said in my LJ: Pit ftw *omiting the last part to what I said*.

Zero Suit Samus is my second favorite SSBB character to play XD

Edited by Otaku Ru

it's interesting how they switched some people's moves out (such as mario's spinning around down+b attack...now he pulls out that super mario sunshine crap)

I gotta go with Sonic, Snake, Meta-Knight/Kirby, and Luigi. I love those guys. I love all the characters on there, but those are the ones I'm best with right now.