Anyone play Portal (the Half-Life 2 mini/bonus/spin-off game)?

:D It's like a first-person puzzler and it was just mindbogglingly FUN.

I've not played/watched such an out and out fun game in a long time.

Just remember: THE CAKE IS A LIE.

• 2 months later...

Yeah the game is really a must play. The advance stages are really hard and fun. "Sill alive" went in my favorites play list after playing that game. Then I looked up videos on youtube for speed runs. 18mins is the record for one guy on PC.

Just look at my avatar pic. Weighted Companion Cube FTW.

Game Script:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/934386/50477

Everything GLaDoS says is hilarious.

The cake is a lie. But the pie is real.

Yeah the game is really a must play. The advance stages are really hard and fun. "Sill alive" went in my favorites play list after playing that game. Then I looked up videos on youtube for speed runs. 18mins is the record for one guy on PC.

Just look at my avatar pic. Weighted Companion Cube FTW.

Game Script:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/934386/50477

Everything GLaDoS says is hilarious.

The cake is a lie. But the pie is real.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot speak. In the event that the Weighted Companion Cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

===========================

Portal was really a mind game. I Youtube'd after level 15 since I was stuck :mellow: yea, I cheated, lol.

But I did buy the Orange Box. <3333333 TF2. If anyone wants to play, drop me a PM >>

"The symptoms most commonly produced by Enrichment Center testing are

superstition, perceiving inanimate objects as alive, and hallucinations. The

Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never

threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

"Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into

the fire pit and i said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NNOO WWAAYY", and then I

was all "We pretended we were going to murder you", that was great."

"Who are you? What is that? Oh what's that thing? Hey, you're that lady from the test! What's wrong with your legs? Where are we going? Is that a gun? Who are--YAAAHH!"

The cake is not a lie!... in a way >.> you do go in an oven... it means... YOUR THE CAKE!! Mwuahahaha*cough* I mean ^_^;; it's a pretty fun game, a bit of a brain puzzler but not too much to make you throw out your hamsters through the window... (okay that was one time...) I recommend. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that the cake was actually real because at the end it shows you that cake? I think it was just before the credits with GLaDOS singing. Anywho yes, portal is amazing, i actually don't think i have ever heard someone say anything bad about it...

I thought that the cake was actually real because at the end it shows you that cake? I think it was just before the credits with GLaDOS singing. Anywho yes, portal is amazing, i actually don't think i have ever heard someone say anything bad about it...
Edited by Pieaholic
  • 2 weeks later...

To contest this point yet again, no in-universe character has seen the cake, so the cake does not exist. The cake at the end is more than likely just something the developers through in as a "good job, here's your cake".

Anyway:

[GLaDOS]"Hello.

We hope you have enjoyed your brief detention in the press event room.

The Aperture Science Enrichment Center is pleased to announce the worldwide debut of Portal: Still Alive, a 2008 exclusive for the Xbox 360.

Due to the previous tests being solvable, we are currently manufacturing new test chambers for only the most qualified test subjects. Good Luck."[/GLaDOS]

Yeah, that's right. More Portal levels for the 360.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36209.html

I do actually have the game on my PC. Sort of, it's been preloaded via Steam and it just needs to be activated with a purchase. But I won't be able to until this Fall.

I think the quantum cake theory holds water. When those people failed to reach the end of the test chambers, their observation collapsed they wave function and, for them, the cake was a lie. Poor Chell, even though she doesn't know it, for her the cake was not a lie. =0

Now I know where THe Cake is a Lie comes from. I have had that in my brain for eons that question. I wonder how you can get Portal, since it sounds like an interesting game.

If you download Steam (free!), you can purchase and play the game through your PC. It's also available for PC and XBOX 360 at most game stores - in a stand-alone version ($20, worth every penny) or bundled with the Orange Box (which includes a Half Life 2 episode, Team Fortress 2, Peggle Extreme, and one or two other games).

Now I know where THe Cake is a Lie comes from. I have had that in my brain for eons that question. I wonder how you can get Portal, since it sounds like an interesting game.

If you download Steam (free!), you can purchase and play the game through your PC. It's also available for PC and XBOX 360 at most game stores - in a stand-alone version ($20, worth every penny) or bundled with the Orange Box (which includes a Half Life 2 episode, Team Fortress 2, Peggle Extreme, and one or two other games).