Otakon 2008 Cosplay ideas.

Will you be cosplaying in 2008?  

93 members have voted

1. 1.

• Maybe..
    • Yes
    • No

Post what ever you plan on being for OTAKON 2008 here.

-Character names

-Tv show names

-Manga names.

also, post the details about your costume if you want =]

For me,

check my signature.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go more into detail for mine.

First time cosplaying, real excited.

Series is Vampire Knight.

Character is Kaname Kuran.

Getting this kickin' school suit from CosplayMagic and getting some custom vampire teeth done.

Cosplaying as a couple with my girlfriend, she's gonna be Kaname's heartthrob in the series, Yuuki. Sorta breaking the rules of the series, since a night class student and a day class student will be together (read more onto the series to understand this) but I'm sure it will kick ass.

I plan on doing to cosplays for next years otakon. Here is the first

Character: Cliff Fittir

Video Game: Star Ocean Till The End of Time (Star Ocean 3)

Cliff is a lighter skinned character, but in multi-player mode his alternate costume is a darker skinned character. He will require a wig, he also wears a metal gauntlet on his right hand.

Second

Character: Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Anime: Trigun

Magna: Trigun, Trigun Maximum

Nicholas D. Wolfwood was my first cosplay ever and I want to dress up as him again. Wolfwood is a "priest" of sorts who carries around a giant cross (which is really a giant gun :D). I like his character a lot because with wolfwood there is MORE than meets the eye lol. I actually already made his unwrapped cross punisher for Otakon 07. All I really have to do is patch it up a little, if it ever gets too damaged I have already made blueprints for it so I can remake it if need be with less materials and less money. He also has a second prop which he uses which is a confessional (which you pay for 0.o, 1 quarter please!)that fits over your head lol. Wolfwood was really tough to do, well for me anyway, the whole posing and getting his attitude just right. he only smiles in certain situations which made it hard to smile for the camera ( I HAD to smile like this -.-). But I really enjoyed doing him, annnnndddd I can't get enough of the adrendaline rush that i get when people take photos of me :D. I Am HIGHLY considering making the rocket version of wolfwoods cross punisher for 08. Thank you for reading all of that lol

Movie: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Character: Nausicaa

Just bought a Teto plushie online, hehe. Also bought a long-sleeved blue nightshirt that I will hopefully turn into her dress. Although Amazon said it won't ship until mid-November to December :(

Movie: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Character: Nausicaa

Just bought a Teto plushie online, hehe. Also bought a long-sleeved blue nightshirt that I will hopefully turn into her dress. Although Amazon said it won't ship until mid-November to December :(

im cosplaying this year as...

Shuichi Shindo from Gravitation (the yellow concert costume outfit for day 1) and i the orange hoddie and brown shorts with the pink tee shirt underneath etc . . . :( for day two (a.k.a. his casual wear)

they for the last day i will be cosplaying as Saioran from Tsubasa chronicles....my friend will be Sakura. ----i know i spelled those names wrong.

Death Note

L, Ryuga, Ryuzaki

This will be my first ever con and my first ever cosplay as well. I figure L shouldn't be too hard to do. Plan on buying a wig online, just using a family members makeup for around my eyes, getting black contacts and green shoes and being good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Of course I'm cosplaying this year, and for the extremly long list you can look to my sig. Good luck to everyone on your costumes in time people. :rolleyes:

It'll be my first cosplay experience! o:

YAY!

Bleach - Rukia - Winter School Uniform

Ouran High School Host Club - Haruhi Fujioka - Male Uniform

Death Note - L

:3

Aside from L, I picked mostly people my height. YAY SHORTNESS! :D

Edited by Krissay-face

This year, I'm going to go as Magnius, one of the villains in the game Tales of Symphonia. ( http://talesof.cyllya.com/tos/reference/ch...ers/magnius.jpg )

And, I'm going to be Jan from Hellsing, because my friend wants me to be in their Hellsing group, and they needed a Jan.

MAYBE, if I have enough energy, I'm going to dress up in my Where's Waldo costume from last year on the last day.

Edited by Shadizilla

YAY!

Death Note - L

Aside from L, I picked mostly people my height. YAY SHORTNESS! :rolleyes:

YAY!

Death Note - L

Aside from L, I picked mostly people my height. YAY SHORTNESS! :D

If your going as L on sunday,

Ill be glad to meet up and cosplay with you

Ah I'm being Hidan from the Akatsuki (naruto shippuuden) but it is also a tie-in with my other cosplay as Tobi from the same series. ;D its good to tie in costumes when you're too lazy

does it matter how many cosplays you do at a con? i'm just doing one for all three days....j/w B)

Do as many or as few as you'd like. There's not a requirement or limit or anything. :)

I personally just don't have the time/skills/interest to cosplay really. I was trying to get an ichigo[bleach] costume together a few years ago, but I just didn't have the time to finish it up. I did make a pretty huge sword though lol.

and:

There's not a requirement or limit or anything.

I'm hoping to have one or both of the following completed:

-- Philia Felice, Tales of Destiny

-- Souseiseki, Rozen Maiden

I may also bring the following (assuming they're done too):

-- Cisqua, Elemental Gelade

-- female student, Negima

Anything else will be taken from the ol' cosplay closet. And the list is always subject to change (my friends talk me into things at the last minute).

• 2 weeks later...
I've been thinking of cosplaying as Glitch from Tin Man.
Edited by Light_kun

i'm definately doing:

Gunter from kyou kara maou (this time with a manga version ^_^ )

And Tomomasa from harukanaru toki no naka de

i'm not sure who from Tales of Rebirth. Either Veigue or Saleh

there's also a possibility of a Gintama cosplay from me too. man, not enough days to wear it all.

I've been thinking of cosplaying as Glitch from Tin Man.

... who? :]

Well me and my friend have been discussing it more and we've got two cosplays down now.

Death Note

L - Myself

Light - Friend

(Possible Third -> Matsuda? )

Bleach

Bankai Ichigo - My friend

Captain Hitsugaya - Myself

(Possible Third -> Former Captain Ichimaru Gin)

Not sure about a third cosplay if at all yet. I'm thinking maybe something like Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and he can be Ituski. We have two other friends coming as well. I don't think one wants to cosplay, but the other says he's definately doing Kousaka one of the days.

Last year and in 2006, I went as Edward from FMA, complete with full automail arm and leg.

See this pic for me as Edward

and in my profile pic.

I was pretty much the only male edward there, at least done correctly haha.

So this year, I'm retiring Edward as the costume HURTS. haha So now I'm looking for ideas from you guys!

This is me, normally. And if I didn't have to cut my hair, that would be an awesome plus. Shaving goes either way, right now, i'm clean haha

please link to images instead of posting them, thanks!

Suggestions, please!

PM, email, reply to this post, whatev :blink:

Just some ideas would be very helpful!

Edited by ZGL
Last year and in 2006, I went as Edward from FMA, complete with full automail arm and leg.

and in my profile pic.

So this year, I'm retiring Edward as the costume HURTS. haha So now I'm looking for ideas from you guys!

This is me, normally. And if I didn't have to cut my hair, that would be an awesome plus. Shaving goes either way, right now, i'm clean haha

Suggestions, please!

and in my profile pic.

Suggestions, please!

I'd love to help. Are there any anime's in particular that you like? That would be a good place for me to start.

I'll be the same thing I was last year: Sasori of the Akatsuki from Naruto. For 2007, I wanted a cheap costume I could make quickly and wouldn't cost too much... and one of my friends was going as Itachi, so I figured "black cloak, red clouds, cheap" and that was that.

I didn't even wear the rest of the character's usual clothing under it. Just a t-shirt and shorts. This year, however, I'm going to make it as accurate as possible. I'm redoing all the clouds with heat-n-bond and better stitching, accurate hair color, and possibly dragging a puppet along with me, specially designed to fold up for easy transport, and also carry all my crap for me.

I'm going to go as Sosuke Aizen from bleach, but in his Arrancar form. I was originally going to go as Yamato from Naruto and do his ANBU uniform Friday and his Konoha uniform Saturday, but I can pull off Aizen real easily, and I already made his Zanpakuto.

Picture of what the costume will (hopefully) look like. *He is the middle one for non-bleach fans* :)

and in my profile pic.

Hmmm. Here's a short list.

Togusa - Ghost in the Shell http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...6eed7f655bf8eb5

Tres Equis - Trinity Blood http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...940894ccb970f80

Light Yagami - Death Note http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx...&FORM=BIRE#

Here's a thought...How complicated do you want to get? That may help in my search.

Suggestions, please!

PM, email, reply to this post, whatev :ph34r:

I'd love to help. Are there any anime's in particular that you like? That would be a good place for me to start.

Last year I went as Ikkaku with his katana. For Ohayocon I had his shinkai. My plan for otakon is his bankai.

The back blade will be dow rod, three layers of .25 inch aspen pine with a layer of paper mache and paint. Each blade is a boat ore with styrofoam making the shape, masking tape, and a layer of paper mache over the tape. The chain is 2'' plastic link chain connected by carribeaners. The big blade I hope to have mounted on the frame of a military rucksack with hooks to hold the side blades when I'm walking around.

Needless ot say it'll take a bit of work.

I have the ores, chain, and I have traced out the design for the blades on poster board. I'm about to get the rucksack frame and spraypaint it subdued black. I'm still on the lookout for four 2'' 'D' black carribeaner keychains.

But I have a while to get things done.

The costume I have pretty down pat since I do martial arts, I have the gi pants, hakama, white and black gi top, white sash, and eye paint crayon...I already shave my head.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.