Otakon 2008 Cosplay ideas.

Will you be cosplaying in 2008?  

93 members have voted

1. 1.

• Maybe..
    • Yes
    • No

I'm considering going as Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed this year. However, I have to see how the costume turns out. I'm not the best sewer in the world so some of my creations end up looking like they went through a blender. :ph34r: lol But I'm determined to try extra hard this summer and create a kick ass costume. :blush:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on my Desert Punk costume. That helmet's going to be a challange but I've got the basic piece already. Just have to figure out how to chrome it and be able to see. (Seeing is a good thing.)

ME and my roommates want to go as one piece this year. I got a luffy! A possible zoro/sanji (whichever he chooses) and maybe franky

I am wanting to be Brook but if i can't manage to make a GOOD costume, i'll just be nami since i pretty much look like her. Guess well see! XD

Or maybe we'll just be Cromartie High school again. Our Freddie has a REAL mustache this year! XD :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I might change my cosplay friday to Kyon from the melancholy of haruhi suzimiya. :]

and If you haven't noticed, I'm also creating a huge hare hare yukai dance for otakon! :]

I so far have 13 people.:]

Character name: Ichiro

Anime: Nerima Daikon Brothers

I may even have to do some karaoke or singing contest if they have it so I can truly fit the character, and since I can't resist a chance to sing and be center of attention at least once during the con. lol

Character name: Ichiro

Anime: Nerima Daikon Brothers

I may even have to do some karaoke or singing contest if they have it so I can truly fit the character, and since I can't resist a chance to sing and be center of attention at least once during the con. lol

Last year and in 2006, I went as Edward from FMA, complete with full automail arm and leg.

See this pic for me as Edward

and in my profile pic.

I was pretty much the only male edward there, at least done correctly haha.

So this year, I'm retiring Edward as the costume HURTS. haha So now I'm looking for ideas from you guys!

This is me, normally. And if I didn't have to cut my hair, that would be an awesome plus. Shaving goes either way, right now, i'm clean haha

please link to images instead of posting them, thanks!

Hmmm. Here's a short list.

Togusa - Ghost in the Shell http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...6eed7f655bf8eb5

Tres Equis - Trinity Blood http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...940894ccb970f80

Light Yagami - Death Note http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx...&FORM=BIRE#

Here's a thought...How complicated do you want to get? That may help in my search.

Suggestions, please!

PM, email, reply to this post, whatev :(

Just some ideas would be very helpful!

I'd love to help. Are there any anime's in particular that you like? That would be a good place for me to start.

I'm open to almost anything that you think, I could pull off. I've got a general good knowledge of a lot of anime/manga so I should know who you suggest.

Edited by Kumiko

I might go as Kyon again from ''The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya''. Would be fun if I could get a few anime lovers to teach me the Hare Hare Yukai as on my own motivation is just lacking too much.

Otherwise, I do remember easily being mistaken as Mori from ''Ouran High School Host Club'' but a certain Honey character I met along the paths of Otakon....

I am debating on Gene Starwind or Van.

Respectively, Outlaw Star or Escaflowne.

I will have to make a decision sometime this month regarding which I'd prefer to cosplay as, so that I can begin making the costume. I'm 6'4", so I think I might be a bit too tall to cosplay Van.

I might go as Kyon again from ''The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya''. Would be fun if I could get a few anime lovers to teach me the Hare Hare Yukai as on my own motivation is just lacking too much.

Otherwise, I do remember easily being mistaken as Mori from ''Ouran High School Host Club'' but a certain Honey character I met along the paths of Otakon....

Guest Syrical

Hee. I plan on going as a Naruto-style ninjafied!Sora, from Kingdom Hearts II.

I'm almost positive I've seen something similar to my idea done before, but it's a reference to an online RPG I've got going with a few friends. ^_^

...It's also really tempting to whip up a Daisuke/Davis cosplay ever since they announced that Prince was going to be there.

In another thread I said Sora(Kh), Tamaki (Ouran) and Maybe Time skip Simon (TTGL) But I may add Namine (Kh) Just cause she's an easy character to cosplay Or a Mudkip girl Cause I LOVE them so~ and no not cause of 4chan XD

Last year and in 2006, I went as Edward from FMA, complete with full automail arm and leg.

See this pic for me as Edward

and in my profile pic.

I was pretty much the only male edward there, at least done correctly haha.

So this year, I'm retiring Edward as the costume HURTS. haha So now I'm looking for ideas from you guys!

This is me, normally. And if I didn't have to cut my hair, that would be an awesome plus. Shaving goes either way, right now, i'm clean haha

please link to images instead of posting them, thanks!

Hmmm. Here's a short list.

Togusa - Ghost in the Shell http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...6eed7f655bf8eb5

Tres Equis - Trinity Blood http://t4.images.live.com/images/thumbnail...940894ccb970f80

Light Yagami - Death Note http://search.live.com/images/results.aspx...&FORM=BIRE#

Here's a thought...How complicated do you want to get? That may help in my search.

Suggestions, please!

PM, email, reply to this post, whatev ^_^

Just some ideas would be very helpful!

I'd love to help. Are there any anime's in particular that you like? That would be a good place for me to start.

I'm open to almost anything that you think, I could pull off. I've got a general good knowledge of a lot of anime/manga so I should know who you suggest.

Thanks ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Me and a friend are going to cosplay together as DBZ characters B)

I'm going as Vegeta and my friend is going as Future Trunks. We hope to find other DBZ cosplayers as well. It's kinda fun bring back a classic. I actually haven't watched DBZ in a long time but it was one of the first animes for me and a show that made me the otaku I am today.

I'm doing Vegeta's prince version from the beginning of the series for Friday and Saturday. As for sunday - I am not sure yet, I have a few easy characters circling around in my head.

I'm gonna be going as Ash (Kanto) as my main cosplay and if ever get things together I might go as a Foot ninja from TMNT. I cosplayed for my first time last year at Otakon and I'd say my cosplay was a success but I am trying to make a better jacket.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cosplaying as a female version of Dante from Devil May Cry 3. And my bf is going as Dante from Devil May Cry 4.

Between us both, we're going to have Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory, Pandora's Box, Beowulf, and maybe one other weapon (haven't decided yet).

Look for us! ^_~

I'll be cosplaying on Saturday as Lucian from the game Lunar Knights, with one of my friends going as LK's Dumas. Hopefully I'll be with another friend who goes as Aaron, but that's a little unlikely. We'll most likely do the same cosplays on Sunday, but we're not sure yet. :3

I think I finally settled on at least one...

Marth from Fire Emblem/Super Smash Brothers (in this case Brawl)

I've already begun making scale drawings of myself and the costume, sizing them up to real life and thus far i have the breast plate cutout of the plastic and foam.

The cloth'll be the hard thing for me to design...

First time doing a genuine cosplay, though it'll probably end up like a bad Halloween costume with my luck. I'm going to do Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. I'll be lurking around the Gaming room most of the time, since It's my staffing section, so get ready for some more-than-likely epic fail in there. I apologize in advance and trust me, I will actually be trying to do the best I can, but it'll still look like crap compared to some the ideas I've already seen.

SO,

my mind has officially been set!

I will be a j-rocker ( prolly one i just make up, or to look like one :] )thats for friday and or Saturday

then idk if not Saturday a j-rocker then probably ill be light or some thing of my design.

Then sunday Light-kun :]

My son has been asking me to cosplay as the ghost girl in The Grudge. Hah! If I do that, he'd better cosplay as Toshio instead of L!

Was thinking of cosplaying; it's my first Otakon this year (hopefully), & so thought i might give it a shot. Was thinking of being movie Ed, from FMA, but was feeling kind of awkward about it, since most people cosplay Ed. (Yeah, i'm really slow on the FMA thing, huh.) Anyway, it seemed like it could be reasonable, & so long as i keep my sleeves rolled down, i don't need to attempt making automail (that would be a disaster). Would have to get all the clothes & stuff, & i'd like to try & dye my hair instead of getting a wig. Not sure how to go blonde without looking stupid, since my hair's so dark.

But my hairstyle's kind of Ed-ish right now: here. The bangs got trimmed a bit more, & it has a bad tendency to get messy. (Especially since it frizzes.)

So... what does anyone else think? Know people generally say, "oh, don't mind what other people think," but am concerned about the multitudinous character effect-- where you walk into a room & can see about ten or so people dressed as the exact same character as you. If you know what i mean.

So yeah. That's all i've got. What do you guys think? :wacko:

I don't think there are as many Eds now as there were two or three years ago when FMA first came out. He is and probably always will be a popular character, but the masses have moved on to Death Note and Kingdom Hearts, and will keep moving on.

Mmm, ok. Thanks. :wacko:

My list keeps changing and changing.

So far, I have only a couple of finished costumes, and two I really really want to finish before Otakon.

FINISHED:

Orihime (Arrancar version) - Bleach

Ruka (Night Class) - Vampire Knight

Rin - Fate/ Stay Night

Seras Victoria (Blood) - Hellsing

WANT TO FINISH:

Rin - Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia

Byakko (Human version) - Yami no Matsuei

Was thinking of cosplaying; it's my first Otakon this year (hopefully), & so thought i might give it a shot. Was thinking of being movie Ed, from FMA, but was feeling kind of awkward about it, since most people cosplay Ed. (Yeah, i'm really slow on the FMA thing, huh.) Anyway, it seemed like it could be reasonable, & so long as i keep my sleeves rolled down, i don't need to attempt making automail (that would be a disaster). Would have to get all the clothes & stuff, & i'd like to try & dye my hair instead of getting a wig. Not sure how to go blonde without looking stupid, since my hair's so dark.

But my hairstyle's kind of Ed-ish right now: here. The bangs got trimmed a bit more, & it has a bad tendency to get messy. (Especially since it frizzes.)

So... what does anyone else think? Know people generally say, "oh, don't mind what other people think," but am concerned about the multitudinous character effect-- where you walk into a room & can see about ten or so people dressed as the exact same character as you. If you know what i mean.

So yeah. That's all i've got. What do you guys think? :D

Edited by Mikey
As someone who has gone as Edward for the past 2 years, I can say you are very, very, very smart for not doing the automail. It hurts like a MOTHER!

There were no where near as many Edwards in 2007 as there were in 2006, and I was toted as the only guy one (that looked even remotely decent, let alone have complete automail)

Click here to see!

But yeah, there are always more females as Ed, but I don't think we're gonna see nearly as many Ed's this year, and I've hung up my automail for the last time and will most likely be donning Marth from Super Smash Brothers Brawl

So go for it! It was my first cosplay too :)

man, that automail is mecha awesome... :)

I'll be cosplay as:

Senel Coolidge, Tales of Legendia

Helios/Aeolus, Megaman ZX Advent, Civilian form

I REALLY want to bring my Greiga/Gregar costume from Megaman Battle Network / EXE 6, but I'd need to find a way to mail or transport it to Baltimore first. n.n

Thank you very much!

See, it's compliments like that I'm going to miss since Marth is NO WHERE nearly as recognizable as Edward is...

But maybe I'll finally be able to eat in peace :D

Only have costume ideas for two days myself...I can't think of what to do for a third costume! Any ideas? If you have any questions that'll help make your decision, just ask! I'm so lost on what to do >_<

Only have costume ideas for two days myself...I can't think of what to do for a third costume! Any ideas? If you have any questions that'll help make your decision, just ask! I'm so lost on what to do >_<

Well first off...what do you look like and how old are you? That will give me a good idea.

Well first off...what do you look like and how old are you? That will give me a good idea.

*poke* that's what pictures are for haha your description cant help very much without one

also who else are you cosplaying

when I attend cons I generally either dont cosplay on sunday or Ill do a cosplay that's super easy and cmofortable. I already know what Im going to do for Friday and Saturday but I havent made up my mind yet for sunday. Is a bleach shinigami outfit easy or hard? [or overdone?]

when I attend cons I generally either dont cosplay on sunday or Ill do a cosplay that's super easy and cmofortable. I already know what Im going to do for Friday and Saturday but I havent made up my mind yet for sunday. Is a bleach shinigami outfit easy or hard? [or overdone?]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another Light/L duo.

I don't do cosplay but I think this year I finally got bitten by the costuming bug. After seeing how much fun the fiance had being L last year, I got jealous and wanted to get in on it...at least for one day. So we're going to team up at Otakon this year. No suit and/or red tie though. I'll be wearing the outfit from the scene with their fistfight.

I recently finished a Shigure Sohma costume for my fiance for AnimeNEXT (first time I sewed clothing of any kind). He'll probably be wearing that to Otakon too. I'm too busy with other things to make something else for myself in time for the con. I want to be Amiboshi (from Fushigi Yuugi) for a day. But between the wedding plans and the new apartment, I'd rather save it for next year than deal with sewing stress over again. I'm lucky to still have 10 fully functional fingers.

I've never cosplayed before, but if I can get my stuff together I would like to try Jin from Samurai Champloo. It seems pretty easy for a beginner, plus I already have long hair and wear glasses. I also have a Samurai Champloo AMV in the contest (finals I hope). I already picked up sewing patterns, now all I have to do is borrow my Mom's sewing machine. :D

Well this year could possibly be a big cosplay for year, or very light. We will see how that goes! Never the less, here are my plans:

Faye Valentine: Cowboy Bebop

Blaziken: Poke'mon Ruby/ Sapphire

I may also wear either my Lilith costume, or my Legato. My Legato was my first huge cosplay project, and perhaps the only costume of mine that is a little well known. As people can probably guess form my username, I'm somewhat obsessed with the blue haired psycho, but mostly in the manga only. So if I do bring Legato, keep your eye out for a short girl, with a skull on her shoulder that has four glowing eye sockets!

earlier in this post i had said i was cosplaying as vegeta from DBZ.... but because of a unforseen financial situation that happened to me, i wont be able to. even with me going really cheap, vegeta's prince uniform was getting expensive. so next year hopefully.

but because of my limited budget now, i'm doing Emma from emma victorian romance for friday and saturday and on sunday Im doing gaku namikiri from absolute boyfriend [a yuu watase manga]. a friend of mine is doing yuki from that series as well....... i wonder if anyone will reconize us?

• 2 weeks later...

back on pg 1 i wasn't sure on my third costume, but now i am!

SO!

Kyou Kara Maou - Gunter von Christ (manga #2 version)

Harukanaru toki no naka de - Tachibana no Tomomasa

Tales of Rebirth - Veigue Lungberg

and with 31 days to go, NOTHING is done T_T

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.