Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F00LY

PreRegistering

Okay, I'm new to the entire process of everything. I was wondering if someone could either point me in the right direction, or help me out on making sure I have everything that needs to be done correct.

1) PreRegister. I heard people already have preregistered for 2008. If this is true, where can I do it? If I preregister, then on Thursday evening I can go and pick up my badge and get my ticket to get in and what not, correct?

2) Book a hotel. I also heard you can make reservations and pay when you arrive there, and if you do there is a good chance they'll give you a convention rate...? Is this true with all hotels? If so, when I make my reservation do they need my credit card/bank card number, and will they put a freeze on the amount owed or look for a prepayment? If so, generally what % of the cash do they need in advance. Going 4 ways on the room with some friends, including out of state, so it'd be far easier to do this if it can wait and we can just secure our room.

3) Preparing cosplay stuff. Packing when the time finally comes. Bringing tons of money. Blah blah blah. I think I can get that fairly covered on my own.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated. ^^/

1) PreRegister. I heard people already have preregistered for 2008. If this is true, where can I do it? If I preregister, then on Thursday evening I can go and pick up my badge and get my ticket to get in and what not, correct?

Pre-registration is not yet available for 2008. You may have heard people talking about their hotel room reservations, though. If you preregister, the past few years you've been able to pick up your badge on Thursday night, yes. Otakon does not sell tickets, it offers memberships to the corporation (Otakorp).

2) Book a hotel. I also heard you can make reservations and pay when you arrive there, and if you do there is a good chance they'll give you a convention rate...? Is this true with all hotels? If so, when I make my reservation do they need my credit card/bank card number, and will they put a freeze on the amount owed or look for a prepayment? If so, generally what % of the cash do they need in advance. Going 4 ways on the room with some friends, including out of state, so it'd be far easier to do this if it can wait and we can just secure our room.

You should get your hotel room now. Information about hotels offering convention rates can be found on the website: www.otakon.com

Emphasis on hotel part, the close hotels get sold out rather quickly. Just go ahead and reserve a room, if anything happens you can usually cancel your room given at least a few weeks notice, so you really have nothing to lose.

Emphasis on hotel part, the close hotels get sold out rather quickly. Just go ahead and reserve a room, if anything happens you can usually cancel your room given at least a few weeks notice, so you really have nothing to lose.

I'd also suggest that you DO remember to cancel your room early if you find you won't need it. They're starting to find the last minute cancellations annoying, and they CAN charge you a no-show fee.

hi FOOLY ^_^ this will be my 8th year at otakon so im a pro ^_- lol, so i can be more than happy to answer ur questions

1) No pre-registration will not open untill around march or so and to pre-reg you have to go on otakon.com and sign up and pay online the website will tell you at the top wen pre-reg will be open , they e-mail you ur verification number, print it out a bring it you may need it, but most impportantly ID!!! neeed it!!! ^_^ and yes you pick up your ticket on thursday, technically the doors open at 6, but people start lining up as early as wednesday night xD by 3 oclock the line would be already very long so it would be smart to come veeery early ><

2) NO NO NO NO, do not wait till the day of to book a hotel, they will be complleeeetly booked by then. Book ASAP!!! you have to ask for ''otakon convention rates'' the longer you wait, the harder it will be to find a room ^^:: i was very lucky to find my room because i waited untill the last minute lol >< give them ur credit card number and just pay :lol: it varys the upfront price. Ur supppooose to have only up to 4 in each room but noone ever listens they have as much people in their room as they can fit lol just stay quiet ^_- last year i stayed at the hyatt and 8 people stayed there :P shh

3) yes pretty easy LOOOOOTSS of mooney change of clothes of u get tired of cosplaying, rave clothes if going there and youll be great :) hee