Metal Gear Solid: Otakon 2008

Glorious comrades of Metal Gear cosplay!

Your hour has come yet again. Well, it's a couple hundred days away, but trust me, that hour will come.

It's time for Metal Gear cosplay 2008.

Information from our cosplay.com thread.

Metal Gear turns 21!

Metal Gear Solid turns 21, so why not celebrate with a gathering at Otakon 2008? I'm going to aim to make this a great gathering. Hopefully this year we will have a Metal Gear Solid panel. LETS DO IT! Last year, Otakon lacked without our precious panel. If someone wants to take charge and stand up to make a great panel, please do so. PM Me, as I will be MORE than happy to assist and co-host. However, I do not believe I could host one myself, I just do not think I could come up with enough content. So, if someone has ideas or someone wants to host one, PM me with your ideas and lets get the ball rolling right now.

If anyone has ANY ideas what so ever. Please, please PM me and we can discuss. I would love to get some ideas rolling to make this the best Otakon Metal Gear gathering we can pull off.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Alright, first of all, I know that this thread is ancient. But I'd rather update it than make a new one. So, moderators, forgive me.

Some information is up about the Metal Gear Solid gathering, we plan on having two gatherings, one on Friday and one on Saturday.

Currently Saturday's information is up. I believe we will again be having a joint operation gathering with the Resident Evil cosplayers on Friday, but I'm not 100% sure and I will update when I get that information.

We already have a very large amount of interest (probably due to MGS4's release :) ) Including a whole load of Meryls and Snakes this year, and a platoon of Praying Mantis PMCs! So we're excited to see new faces and we will be happy to once again see the familiar faces!

For those who want to go to the gathering, here is all the information for the Saturday gathering as of June 15th

Saturday Gathering.

When: Saturday, August 9th, 2008. Otakon: 2008

Where: Fountain Area underneath the flags.

Time: 1430 Hours (2:30 PM)

I will get Friday's information as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to send me a private message.

We hope to see you there!

Edited by Spetsnaz
  • 1 month later...