Sheraton Baltimore City (former Wyndam) says they are sold out

Someone needs to update the vitals page badly. I called the Sheraton Baltimore City Center today to not only find out their so-called Otakon block is apparently full. But when I told them the Otakon site said that their hotel had a 'Lot of 710' rooms available for the convention, they informed me that they only had 700 rooms total in their hotel and not even half of them were for the Otakon rate apparently. Either the hotel booking staff is lying or the Otakon is; either way i'm still an unhappy camper who's now stuck with a single bed room at the Raddison, which says they only have SIngle bed rooms available for the con now as well.

Dandy. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to update the vitals page badly. I called the Sheraton Baltimore City Center today to not only find out their so-called Otakon block is apparently full. But when I told them the Otakon site said that their hotel had a 'Lot of 710' rooms available for the convention, they informed me that they only had 700 rooms total in their hotel and not even half of them were for the Otakon rate apparently. Either the hotel booking staff is lying or the Otakon is; either way i'm still an unhappy camper who's now stuck with a single bed room at the Raddison, which says they only have SIngle bed rooms available for the con now as well.

Edited by dragonclaw21974

No one is lying. The Otakon page does not say 710 rooms. It says 710 room nights. If they used Thursday-Saturday night that means that the Sheraton block was around 230 rooms.

No one is lying. The Otakon page does not say 710 rooms. It says 710 room nights. If they used Thursday-Saturday night that means that the Sheraton block was around 230 rooms.

Room Nights? Christ, talk about misleading details... Whatever, they're still sold out except for nights on the 10th for the Otakon rate and outside the rate it's over $300 a night. Alas.

Actually, a room night is a fairly common hospitality term.

If a bargain is what you're hoping for, check the hotels which are a bit further away. The Days Inn in Timonium is a 15-minute Light Rail ride from the Convention Center (the train stops essentially across the parking lot) - the double-occupancy rate for a room with two queen beds is $106/night. In the opposite direction (towards the airport), Google gave me the BWI Marriott, which has a shuttle to the Light Rail and to the airport. The rate for a basic room there is $189/night double-occupancy.

A round-trip ticket on the light rail is $3.20.

edit: Additionally, if you're set on staying at the City Center Sheraton, keep calling back to check on availability. Lots of people snap up any available room this early in the game - as the con approaches, people realize that they can't find enough roommates to afford one of the downtown hotels, or else something else comes up and they cancel their reservations.

Edited by ZGL
Well, I dunno who you talked to there, but I just reserved a room Thursday - Sunday, so maybe some people dropped out.

Please ALSO note that calling on weekends tends to get you routed to the national reservation centers, which seem to be universally CLUELESS. This is true of many hotels -- during the week, at the hotel's direct number, during 9-5 business hours, is the most reliable way to get rooms under the appropriate block.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If a bargain is what you're hoping for, check the hotels which are a bit further away. The Days Inn in Timonium is a 15-minute Light Rail ride from the Convention Center (the train stops essentially across the parking lot) - the double-occupancy rate for a room with two queen beds is $106/night. In the opposite direction (towards the airport), Google gave me the BWI Marriott, which has a shuttle to the Light Rail and to the airport. The rate for a basic room there is $189/night double-occupancy.

A round-trip ticket on the light rail is $3.20.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.