Hare Hare Yukai!!

Hare Hare Yukai?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Wana dance??

• Yes! :D
    • no D:

Okay, so I'm now pretty Beast at the dance,

and i was wondering if any of you otaku Wan't to creat a huge group of people and do it at otakon 2008.

If so, please post ^_^ i really think it would be fun.

unfortunately, i don't know the detailed one. (just the one found on youtube, lol)

so, talk to me.

who wants to? =]

Two more! :3 My brother and I are in.

I don't even know why I bothered asking him. xDD

Edited by Krissay-face

This is gonna be awsonme :]

now, we have to make a place and time and what not D:

Please not in the middle of somewhere. That's really my only request.

staff mode off

If you want to make it really a flash mob type thing, you could organize it on that huge square plaza between the BCC and the Sheraton. ^_^

staff mode on

Now, there only one thing...

I'd hate to be the stupid n00b that makes everyone mad,

but this will be our first time at Otakon.

So, we need a spot that would be easy for use to find.

Please not in the middle of somewhere. That's really my only request.

staff mode off

If you want to make it really a flash mob type thing, you could organize it on that huge square plaza between the BCC and the Sheraton. ^_^

staff mode on

If anyone would still like to dance the dance with us,

please contact me on aim with the screen name:

Connorxkid

or on msn messenger:

Connorxkidd@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Man, the hare hare yukai is a hard dance to do. I've tried to teach myself but then I just feel like a fool....... trying to dance the dance....... alone....... in my apartment........ :blink:

Its definately the new con thing..... maybe there should be hare hare yukai dance lessons or something :blink:

I saw something on youtube about the dance at the Otakon 2007 convention. I would come and watch for sure if ya did it this year. :) Not going to take part though because I can't do the dance for anything! :)

I suggest doing it... well, last year, there was a group doing it in the dealers room, which is a good, high-traffic spot. There was actually a TV set out playing it on loop. It was quite obnoxious. My friend did Hare Hare Yukai for... 2 hours? God. There's a video of it on Youtube.

I suggest doing it... well, last year, there was a group doing it in the dealers room, which is a good, high-traffic spot. There was actually a TV set out playing it on loop. It was quite obnoxious. My friend did Hare Hare Yukai for... 2 hours? God. There's a video of it on Youtube.

This thread is dying D:

bring it back to life!

D:

tell friends about it.

we needs lots of people to do it.

I actually have... God...five videos on youtube of my friends and myself doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance. xD

I also have two of me doing both versions of the Lucky Star dance. :3

*Uber Nerd*

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask.

Is this whole thing going to be extremely organized or really random?

The TV Sized version or the Full 3 minute version?

I want to be ready. :3

Also, if it's the full version, my brother won't be dancing with us. He's too lazy to learn it. xDD

Ohhh my three friends and I are learning it ^__^ we've almost got all the moves down..that would be reallyyyy fun I think

Well, whats going to happen is that friday, august 8th, the first day of otakon, I'll be waiting outside at that plaza place between the sharaton and bcc, with a huge sign saying:

"HARE HARE YUKAI HURRRR <3" Most likely I'll be there around 1 pm. I sould want everyone there at 1:15 and then we dance at 1:25 :]

Also,

It would be appreaciated if someone had the cd/music for it and speakers that are loud enough for the dancers to hear.

all i have is a i-pod and crappy speakers witch wont be enough.

But,

What i would like is that the first dance will be the short t.v. one,

then we do the second one (longer one) with the people (including myself) that know it.

:]

Ghaa soundz fun...I'lll ask my two other friendz about it since were all learning. ^___^

So if i get this right.

I have about a total of 13 people doing this.

Keep coming.

its going to be so fun :]

Well, whats going to happen is that friday, august 8th, the first day of otakon, I'll be waiting outside at that plaza place between the sharaton and bcc, with a huge sign saying:

"HARE HARE YUKAI HURRRR <3" Most likely I'll be there around 1 pm. I sould want everyone there at 1:15 and then we dance at 1:25 :]

Also,

It would be appreaciated if someone had the cd/music for it and speakers that are loud enough for the dancers to hear.

all i have is a i-pod and crappy speakers witch wont be enough.

But,

What i would like is that the first dance will be the short t.v. one,

then we do the second one (longer one) with the people (including myself) that know it.

:]

OMG dude.. I would Looove love love to join. xD

I was one of the fools dancing in front of the Bandai booth last year for the longest time (yet miraculously managed to avoid being filmed onto YouTube :) )

I'll have to see what my party thinks of this, yes...

We know the Short and the Full-length versions.

Should we be keeping track of the Haruhis, Yukis, Mikurus and Kyons/Koizumis so it's not inbalanced, or am I thinking too much into this..? xD

I was really interested in this, but since it'll be on the first day of the convention, I think I'll pass this time even though I really wanted to do it with a group. I definitely want to be there to atleast watch, though. X3; (And I wouldn't want to do the dance out of a cosplay, which I wouldn't be doing until Saturday, so... oh well.)

I was really interested in this, but since it'll be on the first day of the convention, I think I'll pass this time even though I really wanted to do it with a group. I definitely want to be there to atleast watch, though. X3; (And I wouldn't want to do the dance out of a cosplay, which I wouldn't be doing until Saturday, so... oh well.)
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh god. This dance, from the responses iv had on here, and in real life, its going to be a big dance. I'm excited to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahahah I found it amusing when my friend came up to me in school and just started dancing the hare hare yukai.

I broke out laughing and the teacher yelled at me, but let her keep dancing.

I still kept laughing and she kicked me XD

She was badd.

Dear Ametatsu, Of Course you can join even if your not dressed as Haruhi XD

Also,

I was thinking for the long dance, that we'd just do a big random-ass dance that had no orginization or grouping that you might see on youtube or something..

But for the short one, we would get into groups and do it like the video.

I'd like the big random one cause that way i could still be kyon and not have to wait till the chorus to dance, cause its just a big mob dance XD.

But we'll think of something. :]

RE: Unorganized long dance:

Good, 'cause I only know Haruhi's part for that one. ._.

And by 'part' I mean the section right after the second time the chorus is sung, when everyone does something different.

The horse is officially dead, let's stop beating it... and start KICKING THE CRAP out of the lucky star full dance horse. Much more fun ;o

We should do BOTH. >:3

D:

I dis-like the lucky star dancee. D:

So.

Just hhy.

Okay, so if the poll is correct with the number of people (most likely not) I think i have about 19-25 people doing the dance.

Okay so were going to do it Saturday, august 9th outside the bcc near the Sheraton hotel. And If you want we could also do one friday or sunday, just post if you want to.

kthx.

• 4 weeks later...
An event like this has been planned on Cosplay.com by me.

Here's the information:

Gathering Name: Dancing In The Streets! Para Para In Baltimore!

Day: Saturday

Time: 2:30pm

Location: Sky walk place, if the weather is bad it will be inside at the fountains.

Link to the thread: Dancing in the Streets- Para Para in Baltimore!

Just remember that the standard disruptive behavior rules still apply. As long as you don't block traffic, cause a disturbance when the staff is trying to do something important (e.g. start a line for an event) or anything like that then you should be ok. If you do it outside on the skywalk, be sure that you don't block stairs or doors - that tends to piss people off a little.

Just remember that the standard disruptive behavior rules still apply. As long as you don't block traffic, cause a disturbance when the staff is trying to do something important (e.g. start a line for an event) or anything like that then you should be ok. If you do it outside on the skywalk, be sure that you don't block stairs or doors - that tends to piss people off a little.

Although I look forward to any and all displays of synchronized dancing at con I will not be joining you all in such dancing. I may sing something or another however.

• 2 weeks later...

Because i'm a nice person, and I don't like conflict, i am now re-locating my hare hare yukai dance to the SKY WALK area near the Baltimore convention center. The dance will be held at 2:30 PM on SATURDAY AFTERNOON. Please come and join us!

The dances group name is now called: Dancing in the streets! Para Para in Baltimore!

The dances include:Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Ending Version - 1 minute)

Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Extended Version - 3 minutes)

If the weather is bad that day, the dance will be held at the fountains near the two elevators.

Additional Information can be found here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=23...d=1#post2377504

• 2 months later...
Because i'm a nice person, and I don't like conflict, i am now re-locating my hare hare yukai dance to the SKY WALK area near the Baltimore convention center. The dance will be held at 2:30 PM on SATURDAY AFTERNOON. Please come and join us!

The dances group name is now called: Dancing in the streets! Para Para in Baltimore!

The dances include:Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Ending Version - 1 minute)

Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Extended Version - 3 minutes)

If the weather is bad that day, the dance will be held at the fountains near the two elevators.

Additional Information can be found here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=23...d=1#post2377504

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.