Favorite Childhood Toys

Got the idea for this topic mainly because alabaster has been talking about toys in a death note topic ^_^

Post your all time favorite childhood toy(s) here! ;) ..Mine were Legos & Hotwheels/Matchbox Cars :P

I have a fairly large list of favorites.

- All 4 of my Easy Bake ovens...(I used to bake other toys and bugs in them..which is why I went through 4 of them as a kid.

- Legos

- She-Ra dolls and He-man action figures with their respective playsets (I still have my Crystal Castle)

- Misfits dolls (Misfits from Jem and the Holograms)

- Legos

- My brother's Transformers lol

- Speak and Spell

- View Master and the Smurfs reels

- NES, Atrari 2600, Colecovison, and SNES (My brother loved Sega Master System and Genesis, I thought they weren't all that)

- Sweet Secrets charms

- Barbies (more like taking off their heads and keeping them separate from their bodies in a different box)

- A pair of toy nunchucks I had from a halloween costume

- My Little Pony

- Rainbow Brite (I had every single full size Sprite doll they made)

- Shrinky Dinks

- Poochi

- Strawberry Shortcake (NOT THE NEW CRAP)

and Charmkins...OMFG I had a million Charmkins...@_@

I had my Legos, my Transformers, and my Nintendo, though I also had My Little Pony horses to play with, and before you say anything its because I had three sisters and the only way I could play with them is if I played what they wanted to play. Sure, my parents were a little worried and got me things like GI Joe, but he just became Barbie's cousin Roxanne's date for the prom. I had a weird childhood. but yeah, my favorite toys as a child were the My Little Pony horses.

I have a fairly large list of favorites.

- All 4 of my Easy Bake ovens...(I used to bake other toys and bugs in them..which is why I went through 4 of them as a kid.

- Legos

- She-Ra dolls and He-man action figures with their respective playsets (I still have my Crystal Castle)

- Misfits dolls (Misfits from Jem and the Holograms)

- Legos

- My brother's Transformers lol

- Speak and Spell

- View Master and the Smurfs reels

- NES, Atrari 2600, Colecovison, and SNES (My brother loved Sega Master System and Genesis, I thought they weren't all that)

- Sweet Secrets charms

- Barbies (more like taking off their heads and keeping them separate from their bodies in a different box)

- A pair of toy nunchucks I had from a halloween costume

- My Little Pony

- Rainbow Brite (I had every single full size Sprite doll they made)

- Shrinky Dinks

- Poochi

- Strawberry Shortcake (NOT THE NEW CRAP)

and Charmkins...OMFG I had a million Charmkins...@_@

My all time favorites were Barbie (of course), Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Rainbow Bright, GloWorm, and...what's that little baking oven with the light bulb? ^_^;

Favorite to play with: My My Little Ponys

Favorite to treasure: My two Breyer horses (they came as a mare and foal set)

Favorite to envy: My little brother's AWESOME Alien Queen action figure with blue translucent plastic wings that could flap, or else his Power Rangers Thunder Megazord.

Favorite video game: Super Mariokart, and Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Favorite stuffed animal: It's a tie between my Big Bird and this horse stuffed animal mom got me at a tack shop after I fell off a horse the first time. His name's Macaroni.

Favorite now: My laptop, and my Vincent Valentine play arts figure.

My Ninja Turtle toys, my plush leopard (made by Ty, but I can't seem to find any record of it existing, yet it still has the Ty butt tag on it saying copyright 1989), Easy Bake Oven, matchbox cars, Barbies, Thundercats toys.

my video game systems, and I got a computer when I was really young and I used to play around with it a lot

used to ride my skateboard all the time too.

God I feel old. I didn't get a video game thing until I was in my teens (it was an Atari 2600-I played Pitfall while listening to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker--and got incredibly far).

Other than books, my toys were things we kids made ourselves, my teddy bear, and a 3-foot tall Raideen robot with missiles and power-punch arms.

Favorites:

Legos

Micro Machines

Other fond memories:

TMNT

G.I. Joes

Transformers

Power Ranger Zoids (todays PR zoid toys are cheap and horrible hardly any transforming)

Nerf Ballzooka (and other Nerf guns)

M.A.S.K. (action figures of the show)

Still play with today:

NES

GameBoy

Favorites:

Legos

Micro Machines

Other fond memories:

TMNT

G.I. Joes

Transformers

Power Ranger Zoids (todays PR zoid toys are cheap and horrible hardly any transforming)

Nerf Ballzooka (and other Nerf guns)

M.A.S.K. (action figures of the show)

Still play with today:

NES

GameBoy

This is a really bad 80's flashback with what you're all posting. **lol**

For me it was my Hot Wheels, LEGOS (seems like everyone had these!), Transformers, and Star Wars. I did have an Atari 5200 Super System. Was the only unit from Atari at the time that could actually play a near arcade quality version of Pac-Man. **l**

::: reading some of the above posts:::

this is taking me BACK

- my first game console was a intelivison [sp?] with donkey kong and cops and robbers

- legos, definately

- barbie, i had ALL the dolls and they lived together as one big happy family

- my little pony

- polly pocket..... back when she actually fit into a pocket

You mean the Easy Bake Oven?

*laughs* Yeah! I couldn't remember the name, and it was bothering me all day yesterday. :) Memory loss is the worst part about getting older.

I was born in 1970, so most of my cherished childhood toys were from that earlier era. Lego, obviously and mostly. The little yellow minifigs were *just* starting to come into vogue and I had a red brick house, a gas station, and some space stuff. This was also LONG before they started having all those specialty parts and pieces. Even the 1x1 bricks were pretty rare back then. I had a metric crapload of legos.

Star Wars action figures were a big win. I got them shortly after the original movie came out and had all the major characters, most of the cantina critters, and most of the ships. Styrofoam packing shapes served as many alien landscapes, rebel and military bases, etc. I sold most of the ships to pay off debts in the early 90s, which was a shame because they'd be worth a lot more now. Sadly missing: nearly all the lightsabers and blasters and other accessories, which, being tiny, got gobbled up by carpets. My most prized action figure of that lot was the Jedi Luke, which featured a cloth cape and a lightsaber that was not built into his arm, and actually looked vaguely like the actor (unlike most of them, if I'm honest).

I also had the original Star Trek action figures (including two Scotty figures, because the first one had a bad leg and it fell off. From that point forward, Scotty had the worst luck with aliens and transporters...). And the Six Million Dollar Man, including Oscar Goldman and the exploding briefcase (which I think I may actually still have). They frequently went on adventures with my cousin's Barbies, even though they weren't the same scale. I had the Enterprise set, for which the transporter was basically a spinner with red and green buttons. And I had the communicator walky-talky set, and a phaser....all of which disappeared at some point. (I think one of my neighbors stole them, actually.)

The Sears version of the original Atari, for which we had something like 30 games.

Other frequent go-to toys: Erector Set (sheet metal and screws for kids! so many cuts and pinches...), Lincoln Logs, Weebles, Fisher Price Little People...

I almost always made gadgets, or told stories, with my toys.

Lincoln Logs! How could I forget Lincoln Logs!

Does anyone remember Weebles? And the ever-fun Slime that came in a plastic garbage can?

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down!

My sister was really the Weeble kid -- she had this bizarre Tarzan's Tree House for weebles...

and in moments, I found it online! Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Weeble-Tarzan-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Y'know I have a weird childhood....

I used to play with Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, but they were my brother's toys (i played with them anyway). I had Barbie dolls and then My Little Pony ponies.

What I did with them is... I used to pretend Hot Wheels cars could talk.. so I began making up this little story (they were always love stories...)

It's always about the same thing.. Girl Car likes Boy Car... They have a baby (usually a smaller car) and then the Boy Car would have a Rival.

I swear they stole my idea when they made the movie, Cars! D:<

But with Barbie dolls and My Little Pony(s)... I pretended that Barbie owned the ponies and enslaved them. My dramas weren't always lovey dovey... I had this one Barbie imprison the other Barbie in a room, so Ken would belong to only the evil Barbie.

I was....a strange strange child (. - .)

Oh I also had Legos and Megablocks! You don't wanna know what I did with those >.>

Edited by Seraphyl

Hmm...

I loved playing with my godzilla toys *heck I even slept with them under my pillow >3<

Those beast wars action figures that came with the little comics

toy soldiers <3

I'm a girl but I never liked barbies.

Uh....That nickelodeon glob stuff

PLAY DOH!

Tea sets?

TAMAGOTCHI AND GIGAPETS <3

SNES and the Sega genesis...God's toys....lol

My favorite of all....toy weapons. XD pretending to be Arnold Swrfrg what's his face and tying a head band on and speaking with his accent of his going "LOOK OWT!" and diving into the creek and proceeding to scream because tadpoles were crawling on me. XD ah I miss my childhood

My Little Pony all of my sisters were into them we had like everything for them the Estate, the Castle and the Nursery. (my mom is a little psycho); NES and SNES; my brother's Ghostbuster toys especially the power pack water gun. that thing was amazing. and the Littlest Pet Shop back before they went weird and bobble-heady (they are so freaky now)

Luckily I still have most of the weapons and accesories to my Star Wars figures. When I lost a weapon or two in the early years Kenner had a replacement policy for the vehicles and it was the same with the figures. But what I wasn't expecting was the TWO BAGS FULL OF GUNS AND STUFF to keep my figures nearly fully stocked! Shoot, even these extra accesories are worth some money I found out. Yeesh!!

Ok, here's one from the early 80's, who remembers Starriors? **lol**

No one who's ever played with legos can say they didn't love them. I think they put something in the plastic to make them addictive. I still have a rather huge pile of legos and pull them out from time to time. But I digress... Star Wars figures! I even had the original pre-sale set that you had to send away for because Kenner didn't even start production yet. I also stole my best friend's Big Trak for a week. It was worth being grounded for a month. That thing was so cool!

Oh god yes, Pieaholic. Pogs. There used to be quarrels among the kids on my street over who had the most pogs.

And if you had the amazing Pog Maker, you were an instant GOD.

And everybody had thousands of them anyway. Nobody actually played with them either.

• 4 weeks later...

I had all of the original Care Bears..they were my favorite (still are).

I also had a ton of Barbie stuff...the mansion, the pink Corvette, and another house. I gave it all to my little cousin years ago.

My frist console was an Atari 2600.

Ohh, and I had a ton of legos as well (still have them).

I also have a rekindled love for Lincoln Logs and TinkerToys thanks to my son.

I had all of the original Care Bears..they were my favorite (still are).

I also had a ton of Barbie stuff...the mansion, the pink Corvette, and another house. I gave it all to my little cousin years ago.

My frist console was an Atari 2600.

Ohh, and I had a ton of legos as well (still have them).

I also have a rekindled love for Lincoln Logs and TinkerToys thanks to my son.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my Nintendo, any and all Legos whether they were the big ones or Lego sets, and my Lite Brite

I also collected any and everything, including pogs, Beanie Babies and Pokemon cards and anything Sailor Moon I can get my hands on (which is still the case haha)

My oldest and I would have to say favorite is my Hello Kitty stuffed animal. She's about a foot tall, had her signature red bow and is wearing yellow overalls with red buttons and a ducky on it. I just love the story behind her. When my mom was pregnant with me, she got her as a shower gift for me, back when Hello Kitty was relatively unknown. I grew up and loved Hello Kitty and then found her with my childhood things and realized I had owned a Hello Kitty since the day I was born! Now she sits on my dresser in my room and I'm going to keep her forever :D

My N64, hands down.

I was addicted to Kirby 64. O_O

I also had a stuffed kitty that I named 'Kitty'.

(Redundant? Yes. But I was 5.)

I looooved her. D;

I had a Pikachu plushie I was inseparable from too. xD

My favorite childhood toys?

Those that belonged to my brother and claimed by me:

Megatron and Shockwave (my favorite transformer toys!!)

G.I. Joe

Green army men

Voltron

He Man

Hot Wheels race set

All of his NERF balls

plastic farm set (animals, people, plastic sheet with fake crops)

My own:

Barbie ("Day and Night Barbie" was the only one I had respect for)

Wuzzle - Bumblelion

Shy Violet from Rainbow Brite

Lady Lovelylocks

and my very first doll- Baby Bean (sans fingers though)

Edited by Ultimecia029
Legos were by far my favorite toys! Hot Wheels were and Transformers toys were right up there.

The Transformers from back in the 80's were so much better than the Transformers that are out right now. My brother gave my son a bunch of his old Transformers and he loved them. He got some of the new ones for his birthday a few weeks ago and most of them have already started to break into pieces. :(

I think my favs would have to be K'nex, Erector sets, Legos and other building blocks, Hot wheels, G.I. Joe, N64, Gameboy, and most NERF stuff...

Growing up as one of three girls in my family I was given lots of Barbie stuff. They finally realized that I really wasn't into the whole doll thing, but still gave me the houses, cars, the motor home, and other random things that came with her so I'd have something that my sisters would want to play with.

I still have some of my fav toys at home, and sometimes like to mess around with them a little. Helps me hang on to those stress- free years. :)