I would LOOOOVE to see Death Note, especially Misa or maybe even just the "L" symbol.

Some throwbacks to older anime would always please us twenty-somethings. I would jump through many hoops to get a "NERV" logo badge.

Original logo, please. No upside-down apples for this curmudgeon. =0

I support the throwbacks 100%! Since it is the 15th Otakon they ought to do some retro anime for the tags this year. Personally, I'd love to have the original GITS logo for my badge.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Urusei Yatsura, Riding Bean, Bubblegum Crisis, Video Girl Ai, and the Days Inn? :rolleyes:

Hey! A fellow old timer!

I still have all my badges from 1994 - 2007.

Edited by Fifthrate

I would love to see Death Note on the badges. Anything from there is alright for me. Bleach is also a good one, but I am sure that you wouldn't do that because its to popular. Another good one would be an oldie but goodie...it might have been done a while back before I started going to Otakon but Fushigi Yuugi. And like someone else said, anything from Square Enix would be cool....especially Kingdom Hearts. XD

I would love to see Death Note on the badges. Anything from there is alright for me. Bleach is also a good one, but I am sure that you wouldn't do that because its to popular. Another good one would be an oldie but goodie...it might have been done a while back before I started going to Otakon but Fushigi Yuugi. And like someone else said, anything from Square Enix would be cool....especially Kingdom Hearts. XD

Unfortunately KH is also a Disney property, and the chances of getting the rights are pretty tiny.

Heh, I'm guessing the Days Inn reference is an inside joke, but that aside, I'd be 100% excited to see Lum, Ai, or Priss on a badge. Same goes for Rally Vincent and Minnie May. =0

The Days Inn at State College was the site of the first Otakon. There was a Riding Bean and Lum standee to help us find the correct locations. It was the first time I saw Video Girl Ai too. Another joke I left out was that we can bring back the Dealer's Closet for the 15th anniversary. :P

Edited by Daniel Perales
  • 2 weeks later...

It's ashame that someone in their early 20's are considered "old timers" in the anime community! It's also ashame that a lot of the newer people don't know about Ranma 1/2, Video girl Ai, Fushigi Yuugi, etc. Goodness, I mean, I am only 23 and I feel so old among you guys :blush:

But anyway, I am expecting to see Death Note badges but there has to be some other wildly popular badges as well otherwise the Death Note Badges will be the first to go. Perhaps a sailor moon badge since it's the show's anniversary this year. And there really should be a yaoi/shounen ai badge from some show like gravitation or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few choices myself, a lot were already mentioned but I figure I'll emphasize the want for them by bringing them up again.

Lucky Star

Sailor Moon *teehee*

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Welcome to the N.H.K.

Paradise Kiss

Deathnote

I'm going to put Moyashimon up there hopefully for consideration - if anything, people who don't know any of the series listed will go for them, being as the little bacteria are incredibly adorable.

Who wouldn't want a super cute aspergillus oryzae as a badge? Hmm?

I am kinda on the Old Timers band wagon also my first anime that I ever saw was "Ghost in the Shell" but mostly watched hentai when I was first getting into anime mainly cuz I didn't know the difference so I saw movies like "Cool Devices", "Legend of the Overfiend". Anyways back to PG-13 rated material this will be my first Otakon and some of the badges that would be awesome to see since reading all the post and seeing they come various pictures. But they are:

Ghost in the Shell (pre-Stand Alone Complex)

Pumpkin Scissors

Air Gear

GetBackers

Gantz

Cowboy Bebop

Appleseed

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Samurai Champloo

Elfen Lied

Fist of the North Star

but yea that is all that I can think of

Edited by Otakumadness

I am also in favor of the "old animes". I havent watched a lot of them but I'm interested to learn. If I see one of them that I would like I''ll pick it up and learn more about it. I say GO!! "old anime".

If not the "old anime" idea then I would suggest Eyeshield 21. Since Derek Prince is a voice actor. Maybe get badges that reflect the guests. That would be cool. Just some ideas.

Here is my list

Eyeshield 21

Digimon

Air Gear

Blood+

Gals!

Pokemon: People still love it, I know I still do

Prince of Tennis

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Marmalade Boy

It could go on for a long time!

It's ashame that someone in their early 20's are considered "old timers" in the anime community! It's also ashame that a lot of the newer people don't know about Ranma 1/2, Video girl Ai, Fushigi Yuugi, etc. Goodness, I mean, I am only 23 and I feel so old among you guys ^_^

But anyway, I am expecting to see Death Note badges but there has to be some other wildly popular badges as well otherwise the Death Note Badges will be the first to go. Perhaps a sailor moon badge since it's the show's anniversary this year. And there really should be a yaoi/shounen ai badge from some show like gravitation or whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

Now if we're talking old school, how about some classic Gatchaman! That was the first anime I saw when I was quite young although it was the Battle of the Planets dub. That or Starblazer. Being 34 sometimes makes me feel old but not very often.

Now if we're talking old school, how about some classic Gatchaman! That was the first anime I saw when I was quite young although it was the Battle of the Planets dub. That or Starblazer. Being 34 sometimes makes me feel old but not very often.

Ooooh, they should definitely have tags with "old school" anime on them. :D That would be the best.

It's ashame that someone in their early 20's are considered "old timers" in the anime community! It's also ashame that a lot of the newer people don't know about Ranma 1/2, Video girl Ai, Fushigi Yuugi, etc. Goodness, I mean, I am only 23 and I feel so old among you guys ^_^
After 4 years of helping out in reg, it seems to me the anime badges are from new shows or releases that the distributing companys want to push. So look to shows coming out during the summer or late spring for hints of badge designs.
Edited by ChibiToon
  • 2 weeks later...

10 gil says that they try to push the Speed Racer movie and have one of two designs, the live-action characters in the front, with the anime in the back or vice versa.

Though, personally, I wouldn't mind some untranslated badges. Like... QuinRose otome-games... I am personally obsessed with those at the moment... :wub:

With a lot of different shows coming out this year, plus many new ones in Japan, the possibilities could be endless! Personally, I would like to see a Gundam 00 or MS Igloo badge. Speed Racer would be awesome too. MGS though would be...EPIC!

I wouldn't mind seeing some retro badges this year myself. It's been a few years since any retro animes were used as badge designs & with '08 being the 15th anniversary, it'd be a great idea... Series like Ranma 1/2, Fushigi Yuugi, Slayers, Evangelion, etc.

Otherwise I would love to see either a Xxxholic or an Ouran HSHC badge this year, they're both coming out dubbed this year so I see either or both being a possibility. :lol:

Otherwise I would love to see either a Xxxholic or an Ouran HSHC badge this year, they're both coming out dubbed this year so I see either or both being a possibility. :lol:

I didnt know they had Ouran dubbed, that is cool. I must be out of the loop.

Well, I read somewhere that they should be in the studio dubbing it now or soon. Thus, I figure they should be coming out with the 1st DVD by or around Otakon. Am I thinking wrong here?

As far as Xxxholic is concerned, they have the 2nd DVD out already.

Hey, I'm just a fan of both series that wants to see anything concerning them. It was very limited last year & I was so disappointed...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be neat if there was a fan art contest for a badge. The best original art or works featuring the convention mascots could be featured on their own badge. And people could vote for them online. Although, this is probably an idea for Otakon '09.

I think it would be neat if there was a fan art contest for a badge. The best original art or works featuring the convention mascots could be featured on their own badge. And people could vote for them online. Although, this is probably an idea for Otakon '09.

Heeeeh~ I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I'd also love to see a Death Note, and Speed Racer, badge.

And I wonder if I'm the only one rooting for a Reborn?

xD;;

Unless of course they've already had one of those, which I wouldn't have known about anyways... aha.

Each year I just ended up choosing a badge that was soso because I didn't love any..idk its be nice to see some old school anime on badges, the really new stuff and maybe some more live action badges?

If we're going old school, then I'm going to have to get Ranma 1/2 out there. My first love... while the older anime is before my time, I had most of the late 80s, early 90s favorites under my belt before I even touched the rest.

Live action wise, Battle Royale.

For my own fangirling purposes, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.