• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be neat if there was a fan art contest for a badge. The best original art or works featuring the convention mascots could be featured on their own badge. And people could vote for them online. Although, this is probably an idea for Otakon '09.

Hmmm

(XD yes...alot of these are oldies because even though I'm young 83 its great to have an otaku mom)

I guess here are some I would love to see:

Kamen Rider (oh yes~<3)

Bleach

Doraemon

Ultra Man (For the latent tokusatsu geek in all of us)

Space Battleship Yamato

Bobobobo-bobobo

Monster Farm

Lupin the III

A Miyazaki film?

That fanart idea Neardawg mentioned is a good one too

uh

Sailor Moon?

Fist of the North Star

and my brain won't function so that's about all I have on my mind atm for what I would want to see on a badge

I'm usually not too picky but I would absolutely adore it if there was an Ouran High School Host Club badge this year. Most badges I get I'm like, whatever, but I'd be sooo excited to get an Ouran badge. :mellow:

From what i can tell its not a very well-known anime but it is by far my favorite XD

-Mouse-

It was just amazing and would make an amazing badge. XD

I remember my first year.. <sigh> unfortunatly it wasnt to long ago... 2006... I cant remember the anime my badge was from but it had a cute lil neko-girl on the front

Ahh...good times good times.

Other than Mouse and Death Note (either the live or anime.. a badge with both would be even better XD) for badges these are my sugesstions

-Lucky Star

-Fruits Basket

-Love Hina

-Maburaho

-Maharomatic

and maybe a Naruto Shippuuden badge would be cool as well

-Fruits Basket

There was a Furuba badge in... 2004? 2005? It was Kyo, Gure-san, Yuki, and Tohru sitting around the dining room table and eating/fighting/what have you. :)

• 1 month later...

guess I'll post my wish list :(

first off i would like to say TY for making Eureka 7 a badge for last years Otakon. it was epic win!

*/start Badge list*

Sonic The hedgehog

Lupin The Third

Dragon Ball Z (with some 9000 qoute)

Death Note

Stellvia

Space Channel 5

Rick Astley

Old school Toonami

Tenchi Muyo

Cowboy Bebop

Outlaw Star

*/Badge List*

Thats all i can think of right now :). I might add to this later

Don't know how likely any of these are to appear on badges, but here are the ones I would love to see:

-Tsubasa Chronicle

-xxxholic

-Gintama

-Death Note

-Code Geass

-Ouran Host Club

-Outlaw Star

-Junjou Romantica (for all of us yaoi fangirls)

-Devil May Cry

-Classic video game characters, like Sonic, and Mario.

-Gunslinger Girl

-Elfin Lied

-Pokemon!

-And a fairly generic badge for people who can't find another badge with a character they like... Like maybe one with just a non-character anime style drawing or something.

I would love to see cowboy bebop badges...but sadly this more then likely wont happen....Cowboy bebop too old. *tear*

Actually Cowboy Bebop was a badge choice in '01, I distinctly remember there being a Spike & Faye badge. I had chosen the GW Wing Zero badge since I was more of a Gundam Wing fan at the time. However I would love to see another Bebop badge choice with all the main characters on it.

I still want my Ouran or Xxxholic badge & I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. :angry:

Only about 3 more weeks until we find out what our choices are, ah, the torture!

Stuff I'd like to see on badges, given their relative new-ness in the US Market:

Code Geass

Gundam 00

Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann

Darker than Black

Black Lagoon (ok, not THAT new, but FUNimation recently acquired it from among Geneon's titles)

Ouran High School Host Club

009-1

And for a bit of 90's-ness somewhat resurrected by FUNimation picking it up - Slayers.

I'm hoping there better then last year. D:

Hmm they porbably will have The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya <333

Which I would adore.

Or anything new related.

I especially wishing for VK badges since the anime recently came out. :3

I bet you they'll have

• Haruhi Suzumiya cause it was so popular last yr. They would need a lot.

• Death note, The anime finished on adult swim and the live action was at the movies.

• Code Geass would be there, very popular.

• Gurren Lagann, also popular.

• Ouran High School Host Club, the dub is coming out in october and most people have see it.

• Lucky Star, also the dub is coming out soon and most people have seen it. Also Jam Project did a remix of the opening which was creepy at first but after listening to it 5,6 times i liked it.

What I want the most is Air Gear, dont kno if they had one already but doesnt hurt to say.

Anything popular this yr and last yr.

There should totally be a Dragonball badge, just to remind ourselves one last time that there was a show before Fox decided to kill it with its live-action BS. 8x

I'm all in favor for moar oldschool stuff. Totally jumping on the Cowboy Bebop bandwagon.

Also? Resident Evil 5 badge. Do it. Otakon needz moar steroids, and Chris Redfield's got enough to supply the entire convention. 8)

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it's a little too close to the convention to make a suggestion. but what about a badge that says, "Why So Serious?" in black print or something. That would be tight

definately death note :]

air gear

doraemon

fatal frame game (that series is just too fun!)

NANA

lucky star

haruhi

but ahh...death note hehe i concur if there was just a picture of L's well..L...that would be awesome!

or! the cover of the actual death note o_o

Here's what I'd be happy with:

- Antique Bakery

- Junjou Romantica

- Death Note

- Gurren Lagann

- Saiunkoku Monogatari

Yeah, Death Note & Gurren Lagann could happen, the other 3.... most likely no. :)

I'll just be happy if there is a badge or badges to choose from that are anime I've seen or want to see! ^^

Heeeeh~ I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I'd also love to see a Death Note, and Speed Racer, badge.

And I wonder if I'm the only one rooting for a Reborn?

xD;;

Unless of course they've already had one of those, which I wouldn't have known about anyways... aha.

Awww, now I'm excited. XDD

Personally I'd like one of the following:

-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

-xxxHolic

-Death Note

-Ouran High School Host Club (That would make my day. XD)

-Cowboy Bebop

-Kyou Kara Maou

-Lucky Star

-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya

-D.N.Angel. (Yeaah...That's an odd one. XD *recently fell in love with the manga*)

-Mushi-shi

Yuuuup...>.<;;;

Edited by Socks of Doom

i do have to say the badge selection this year sucked, full metal alchemist, hellsing, romeo x juliet?? come on i thought they would at least throw something new in there i really thought they would have a death note badge this year ><

i do have to say the badge selection this year sucked, full metal alchemist, hellsing, romeo x juliet?? come on i thought they would at least throw something new in there i really thought they would have a death note badge this year ><

They didn't have a Death Note badge? WHAT THE HELL?

Heh I chose the FMA one. Come on I'm 5'5, who else could do Edward Elric justice but someone tuned into the shortness so I'm happy, lol.

Edited by SoraVII

Did anyone snap a good photo of the "badge selection chart" at the registration areas?

The badges are, off the top of my head with my crappy memory:

Hellsing (ran out of this one first, at least at my booth)

FMA (ran out of this one second, at least at my booth)

Lucky Star (ran out of this one third, again, at least at my booth)

2 x Street Fighter characters (looks like concept art to me)

2 x Original Otakon art (our mascots)

Kimba the White Lion

Code Geass

Gundam (I dunno which one)

D Greyman (or something like that, I dunno what it is, people kept telling me the name)

Romeo x Juliet

Most people I spoke with were very pleased with the badge selections and had a hard time choosing, especially once we ran out of Hellsing and FMA, which were by far the most popular ones when we had them.

Wouldnt the badges reflect off the industry that is coming. I totally would have though death note but since viz didnt come that wouldnt be a badge. I chose Lucky star. I was thinkin FMA but the pic on luckystar won it for me.

Will always hope for air gear!

Wouldnt the badges reflect off the industry that is coming. I totally would have though death note but since viz didnt come that wouldnt be a badge. I chose Lucky star. I was thinkin FMA but the pic on luckystar won it for me.

Will always hope for air gear!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.