When its all said and done

Ok so when the convention is all wraped up and everything is all said and done how do you guys feel? Do you wish that the fun wouldnt stop? Do you start to tear up knowing that after such a good time you have, reality is about to be on you like a drill seargent until the next convention? Im just curious as to how ya'll feel after a convention ends?

I'm pretty sure the first thing my friend said after we got ff the plane heading back home was, "Alright. Back to reality." Followed by dead silence and frowning faces.

In short, it sucks. The post-con blues are the worst kind, my friend. But eventually you realize you gotta start planning fro the next big con and you get all psyched again. That's why I decided to go to Katsucon ^^

Edited by Otaku Ru

As much as I love working Otakon (and cons in general), I'm happy when they're over because I finally get to sleep again. I typically put in around 40 hours at a convention. Gotta love doing a full week's worth of full time hours in a weekend.

I record my Otakon experience on film. So after post-con blues I sit back and watch all the craziness and experience it all over again. Current and years past. There's also anime on the internet and video games to keep me occupied till next year.

As much as I love working Otakon (and cons in general), I'm happy when they're over because I finally get to sleep again. I typically put in around 40 hours at a convention. Gotta love doing a full week's worth of full time hours in a weekend.

When I was younger and the only con I went to was Otakon, I would get completley bummed out. But, as I got older I started going to other cons, which helps alot with PCB (post con blues). Usually by the time Otakon is done, I'm already planning for Anime USA!

Alright so we now all know the cure for post con blues....go to another con, or if your like Mailbox there you record all your fun and then watch it with again whether it be by yourself or with friends. Then theres all the videos on youtube that you can watch. Hopefully with all the remenescing your doing another con will be right around the corner. Plus all the stuff you bought while you were there that you can play with to keep you occupied. Then my personal favorite have a big Cosplay party as a way to end all the fun. I havent done one nor have I been to one but I would like to.

I look you Youtube, Veoh, and other video hosting sites for the action of Otakon to see if I'm in it/all the crazy stuff that happened. It just makes my PCB worst since Otakon is the only con I go to! I would head to Katsu, but I haven't the funds.

So I just look forward to what shall happen next year.

I actually ended up on some ones otakon youtube video. The one where someone was doing a tour of the game room. Im at the end dressed as Ichigo. Bright orange wig and my 8ft Zangetsu sword. I wasnt facing the camera though, but that is me, and the person standing next to me is my good friend.

Well, I'm honestly a bit depressed. Because as soon as I reach my house, reality smacks me in the face with a sack full of bricks. And what's worse, we've got to start planning for the next Otakon, and by the time we all get back home, log on to our computers, and get to the hotel site, we find out that the cheapest ones are gone.

But we muddle through!

All in all, it's like a feeling that sticks with you and grows, once the New Year hits, I literally start counting down till I can get back down to the Convention Center.

Yeah Im always wondering how those three main hotels that are right next to the convention center go sell out so quickly when the con ends. I think as people are checking out they are making reservtions for next year at the sametime. *sigh* all this talk is making me look back, and just when I thought I was over my post con blues.

See, my friends and I are attempting to work out some sort of system for this hotel business. Because by the time they announce dates for the next Otakon, the cheapest hotels are already gone. Granted, I can drive, I still don't want to waste gas going somewhere that I can get to in less than 3 minutes.

If we do get this system worked out, I'll be sure to let you know.

=D

Ok so when the convention is all wraped up and everything is all said and done how do you guys feel? Do you wish that the fun wouldnt stop? Do you start to tear up knowing that after such a good time you have, reality is about to be on you like a drill seargent until the next convention? Im just curious as to how ya'll feel after a convention ends?

pretty depressed, a bit annoyed because it feels like the con went by so fast.

i only go to one con a year at thats otakon, hence why the bad feelings by the end.

i start to cry and get reaaaallly sad that its all over T_T and then i start thinking about all of the times im goin to have the next year and the new stuff they r going to have and the new cosplay im going to do and then i get happy and excited for the next year xD lol plus my feet need to rest from all the walking ><

I normally do a few of these things:

Pre-During con:

-Thinking about a cosplay for next con

-Brace for impact

-Firey burning PCB crash lol

Post con:

-Watch Otakon Youtube videos

-Plan group outing to otakon >=3

I sometimes feel a little down, but Sunday's always been my time to catch up with friends and slow down, so come Monday I'm rather well relaxed back into things. I like to chat with my friends online about the convention and catch up with the interesting new people I've met this year, plus checking out the Otakon boards to see what everyone liked/disliked about the convention. I also like to plan for next year, though this year I told myself I didn't have to plan 12 mo. early and missed all the hotel rooms!

I dont think all the hotel rooms are gone yet, just the really good one. The rest are the ones you might have to walk a block or two from to get to the convention center.

Woot Im a Neophyte now.

Edited by Kaze Neko
I dont think all the hotel rooms are gone yet, just the really good one. The rest are the ones you might have to walk a block or two from to get to the convention center.

Woot Im a Neophyte now.

My problem is that I'm always way and beyond busy during the weekend. I stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor last year and it was the only way I managed to eat anything--between my volunteer schedule and the lolita events, I barely had enough time to hit the room maybe once in the middle of the day, and then only because it was connected. Being even a block further away would likely result in me being unhappily hungry all weekend.

Woot Im a Neophyte now.

Try 3-5 blocks minimum at this point. The hotels that are a block or two are sold out almost as soon as the con rates are announced.

• 5 weeks later...

I feel like a kid on the first day of school after Christmas break. But then a day or two of work gets me back into my routine. I also get enough model kits to keep me busy til the next con. I still have unbuilt models from Otakon '06. Oh, and I also start thinking of ideas for my next AMV even if I don't start working on them for a couple of months.

Since I do press stuff, when the con is over, I'm not even really done. I still have photo uploads and editing and all sorts of other stuff to hammer down. Sure, the bulk of the work is done, but bah. I also feel a little depressed because some of my friends are only in town for Otakon. Though that's what makes it so awesome.

B) "Can't sleep, Con will eat me............ can't sleep, Con will eat me........" :wacko:

After staff chases out the last of the stragglers, we in Radio Ops are still frantically trying to claim the last of the 150+ radios off of staff, disassembling them, and prepping them for return to Motorola. Some years, that doesn't officially end until midnight on Sunday, and one year we had two radio batteries Fed-Exed back to us from someone's luggage.

What I've always wanted to do at the very end was rig up a VERY loud "boom box" to blast out "Zombie Jamboree" (a.k.a. the Song that Killed Calypso). Why: Because the staff are "walking dead" by then!

After leaving the BCC? Hand me a damned beer, mate! ^_^

B) "Can't sleep, Con will eat me............ can't sleep, Con will eat me........" :wacko:

After staff chases out the last of the stragglers, we in Radio Ops are still frantically trying to claim the last of the 150+ radios off of staff, disassembling them, and prepping them for return to Motorola. Some years, that doesn't officially end until midnight on Sunday, and one year we had two radio batteries Fed-Exed back to us from someone's luggage.

What I've always wanted to do at the very end was rig up a VERY loud "boom box" to blast out "Zombie Jamboree" (a.k.a. the Song that Killed Calypso). Why: Because the staff are "walking dead" by then!

After leaving the BCC? Hand me a damned beer, mate! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Beat, but after a few weeks me and my friend think of the only costume idea we can come up with and then procrastinate it for the whole year, and then I over work myself on it due to my OCD of not wanting to be a crappy cosplayer, but I still have been in my opinion these past two years that I have hit up Otakon. This year, I hope to get it right.

Before the con, I am extremely hyper and cannot wait. I leave Florida Thursday morning before the con and fly up there. I go to Otakon and completely become emersed in the con, lack of sleep and food...by the time I come home Sunday night, I just crash. I go to work Monday morning and feel sad but we have a convention here that comes the weekend after Otakon, but its a lot smaller. So its like a little refresher before the lovely school year hits me once again. Damn college! lol. I hate that saddness that you have after you leave. I wish every day was that Friday, lol. XD

When I went to Otakon originally, I would get the PCB after it was over. Usually by the time I got home after dropping everyone else off, I would just sit and relax for a bit and start planning for next year.

Last year, after being a gofer and being the first one in my room up and out every morning and the last one back and in bed every night, I was relieved when I hit my pillow and realized that I didn't have to get up early the next morning. I had the PCB again, but this time it was more about the people I had met as a gofer that I wasn't going to see again for awhile.

This year....who knows.

I defiantly feel bummed. PCB is the worst.

This time around I hope to be able to start planning trips to other cons to make leaving this one a little easier. If nothing else maybe random trips during the year will make things better, even though I have to admit that having this be one of the only things I look forward to during the year makes it seem better when the time finally comes. I'm sure I'd prefer to do other things though...

Im just curious as to how ya'll feel after a convention ends?

Really, REALLY tired.

Ditto. I sleep most of the next Monday

Lucky!

I usually don't get home until Monday evening (though I live ~30 minutes from the BCC), and I'm not really "done" until the last guest leaves and has arrived home safely.

I have basically given up trying to work the following Tuesday, and usually sleep for at least 12-15 hours when I finally get home.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.