Bad Timing Times Three

Ever since my first Otakon in 2001 no other events (single or combined) in the city of Baltimore have ever compared to "massive road reconstruction.".

I agree with you 100% on this one, I'll never forget my 1st Otakon in '01. We stayed in a hotel on the Beltway & I had to navigate a new route back & forth to the Inner Harbor each time. Everytime we got in the car we had an adventure, streets were opening & closing that weekend left & right. Oh & who can forget walking out of the BCC Saturday night to Otaku dancing in the flooded street!

Ever since, Ravens game, Orioles games, etc, doesn't phase me, just means many more interesting people I might chance to run into Otakon weekend that's all. :)

I kinda feel sorry for them as far as hotels are concerned though. Especially since us con attendees pretty much have every room in the Inner Harbor reserved 6 months before the con if not before then. So fans of other events have to fight to get a room at one of the outlying hotels against the rest of us getting rooms.

Oh well, all's fair in the hotel room scramble, right? :P

Haha they're going to have Lupe Fiasco, Foo Fighters, KT Tunstall, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and Taking Back Sunday to name a few. Say goodbye to vehicle usage in the downtown Baltimore Area. Lol.

Haha they're going to have Lupe Fiasco, Foo Fighters, KT Tunstall, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, and Taking Back Sunday to name a few. Say goodbye to vehicle usage in the downtown Baltimore Area. Lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.