5cm/s on film?

So, uh, I'm a minor fan of 5 Centimeter per Second, which has now been screened in the US in a few places.

Otakon 2007 was suppose to screen this, but we got a DVD instead...and it looked pretty bad. (At least, compared to how it looked when I saw it earlier this month during its "east coast premiere" in NYC.)

Can we pretty please get the 35mm print of the film this year? I beg and plead only because this is probably one of the most visually stunning film I've seen. It's not like the new Appleseed movie, for example, where the visuals are there to impress and entertain. In 5cm/s, the visuals tell half the story by itself. And without that the film is a bit crippled, I think.

Anyways, I'd totally go see it again if you guys make it possible \o/

Am I even bugging the right people? Should I go harass ADV too?

• 5 weeks later...
So, uh, I'm a minor fan of 5 Centimeter per Second, which has now been screened in the US in a few places.

Otakon 2007 was suppose to screen this, but we got a DVD instead...and it looked pretty bad. (At least, compared to how it looked when I saw it earlier this month during its "east coast premiere" in NYC.)

Can we pretty please get the 35mm print of the film this year? I beg and plead only because this is probably one of the most visually stunning film I've seen. It's not like the new Appleseed movie, for example, where the visuals are there to impress and entertain. In 5cm/s, the visuals tell half the story by itself. And without that the film is a bit crippled, I think.

Anyways, I'd totally go see it again if you guys make it possible \o/

Am I even bugging the right people? Should I go harass ADV too?

Otakorp showed this at the anime marathon for the National Cherry Blossom Festival in the Freer Gallery (Smithsonian, Washington DC) on April 5th, 2008. It was 35 mm., and a gorgeous film.

I am not sure if there are plans to show it again at Otakon.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn, didn't hear about that.

At any rate, it still would be great if Otakon can screen it. I know I will go see it again (even when I have it on blu-ray now)!

It was gorgeous, that's for sure.

Make plans to attend the Marathon next year!!!

We do it every year at the Freer Gallery in the Smithsonian.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.