X Japan in NYC this September!!!!

Yeah!! You read it correctly!!!!

http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php/n...aris/jrock_news

HELL FREAKIN YES!!!! *_________*

There doesn't seem to be any details about when tickets are going on sale or whatever, but this is freakin FANTASTIC news! Especially since it doesn't conflict with Otakon! :)

And freakin awesome that they're going to Paris too! Glad to hear Europe is getting some good Jrock this year too (L'Arc~en~Ciel will also be performing in Paris). ^^

OKAY! Get excited with me everyone!!!! *.*

*bouncebounce*

I'm exicted! although I live in peru and there's no way I can go to either place on those dates xD I had my hopes for august ^^! I just hope everything turns out well so they return to the USA next year and maybe I can attend ^^! I guess the banner was wrong @__@ it said august!

And now you know the OTHER reason, besides cost, that they won't be headlining at Otakon. They were originally hoping for late August but it apparently didn't work out. (This deal was in the final stages when we were in Tokyo.)

Mind you, the cost of the show alone was enough, as well as the lack of a suitable venue to seat 15-25,000 people.

We're *trying* to work out something for our members -- probably a contest or giveaway -- in conjunction with the NY show, but there are a lot of players involved and I'm not 100% sure it'll happen.

I might go see it if I can visit my brother (who lives on Long Island) around that time....but let's just hope it's better than the Tokyo show (I Heard it was pretty terrible, or at least that Toshi had trouble singing and Yoshiki kept fainting xD, but I did hear Pata and Heath were still playing extremely well)

Edited by Shiro420
I might go see it if I can visit my brother (who lives on Long Island) around that time....but let's just hope it's better than the Tokyo show (I Heard it was pretty terrible, or at least that Toshi had trouble singing and Yoshiki kept fainting xD, but I did hear Pata and Heath were still playing extremely well)

I saw the show first night, and honestly I can't imagine ANYONE, even in their prime, keeping that energy level up for three solid days. Toshi's voice was showing signs of exhaustion by the end of the first two nights.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be super excited to see them, I'm just relaying what I heard from people who saw the concert on the second and third nights ( I guess you shouldn't do consecutive concerts 3 nights in a row)

Personally, since they are playing at none other than Madison Square Garden, I WILL be there....it's going to be an AWESOME show!

They're also 10 years older. ^^0 It happens. And Yoshiki always pushes himself way beyond his limits. He knows better, but just doesn't care. ^^0 I watched a few videos of the concert on, and it was still pretty awesome. Putting on such an amazing performance; I would HARDLY call it "terrible", but everyone's entitled to their own opinion....

I wonder if they'll do the syncing with hide on the screen like they did in Tokyo Dome? Or maybe they won't have the funds for it, because no matter what, the NYC concert won't bring in as much money as Tokyo Dome. ^^0 Or maybe the screens won't even be available?

Man, I'm so excited. Alabaster, is there anyone I can thank for helping make this happen? I mean, besides X Japan themselves. I don't know if anyone else was involved....I just want to thank someone! Lol.

They're also 10 years older. ^^0 It happens. And Yoshiki always pushes himself way beyond his limits. He knows better, but just doesn't care. ^^0 I watched a few videos of the concert on, and it was still pretty awesome. Putting on such an amazing performance; I would HARDLY call it "terrible", but everyone's entitled to their own opinion....

I wonder if they'll do the syncing with hide on the screen like they did in Tokyo Dome? Or maybe they won't have the funds for it, because no matter what, the NYC concert won't bring in as much money as Tokyo Dome. ^^0 Or maybe the screens won't even be available?

Man, I'm so excited. Alabaster, is there anyone I can thank for helping make this happen? I mean, besides X Japan themselves. I don't know if anyone else was involved....I just want to thank someone! Lol.

Same here...I love the fact they are coming to New York...to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN of all places (hopefully the screens will make it because it's MSG)

I haven't even seen the concert myself, I just heard about it from some people who went. Then again, for as much as those people paid for tickets, I suppose seeing their Idols (Toshi and Yoshiki) completely exhausted was a little dissapointing. They must have really overexerted themselves playing 3 concerts 3 nights in a row xD.

I'm personally PSYCHED and can't WAIT to see them! I'll be buying a ticket the moment they are available. It's going to be interesting seeing them play their (first?) American show...in MSG no less.

Edited by Shiro420
Same here...I love the fact they are coming to New York...to MADISON SQUARE GARDEN of all places (hopefully the screens will make it because it's MSG)

I haven't even seen the concert myself, I just heard about it from some people who went. Then again, for as much as those people paid for tickets, I suppose seeing their Idols (Toshi and Yoshiki) completely exhausted was a little dissapointing. They must have really overexerted themselves playing 3 concerts 3 nights in a row xD.

I'm personally PSYCHED and can't WAIT to see them! I'll be buying a ticket the moment they are available. It's going to be interesting seeing them play their (first?) American show...in MSG no less.

Well, I've never been to a concert at MSG, so I don't know what it's like. ^^0 But yes, it is their first concert in America. ^^

Have you seen their Last Live concert? Cuz there was sooooooooo much energy put into that concert. If you haven't seen it, watch it. And then imagine them doing that 3 nights in a row, and you'll totally understand about Toshi's voice and Yoshiki's fainting. ^^0 I don't understand how ANY fans could be disappointed after a reunion concert. I mean...it's been TEN FREAKIN YEARS. @_@ I mean....I didn't even hear of X Japan until after they had already disbanded....so I thought I'd never get a chance to see them live. So them getting back together...and then coming to the U.S.....oh my goodness, I can't even put it into words. xD

Yep I've seen it....I started listening to them a little before they broke up so I was saddened (because when they were rumored to make a comeback, that's when Hide was found if I recall....)

MSG is just amazing...it's one of the most known venues in the world (I think) and the fact they are making that their first American concert stop is INCREDIBLE...I'm telling you Schala you won't be dissapointed (with MSG I mean....you'll obviously be exstatic with X XD)!!!

And as someone who plays alot of sports, I know how draining a physical activity such as that can be...not just physically but emotionally as well.

Edited by Shiro420
Have you seen their Last Live concert? Cuz there was sooooooooo much energy put into that concert. If you haven't seen it, watch it. And then imagine them doing that 3 nights in a row, and you'll totally understand about Toshi's voice and Yoshiki's fainting. ^^0 I don't understand how ANY fans could be disappointed after a reunion concert. I mean...it's been TEN FREAKIN YEARS. @_@ I mean....I didn't even hear of X Japan until after they had already disbanded....so I thought I'd never get a chance to see them live. So them getting back together...and then coming to the U.S.....oh my goodness, I can't even put it into words. xD
I was one of the disappointed fans. (And according to the local news, I was far from the only one.) I think you're going to have a different set of expectations if you were a fan of them during their heyday. Just because it's been ten years doesn't mean you're not allowed to have expectations. If the Beatles, through miraculous spiritual intervention, got back together, people would still expect them to put on a good show, especially if the tickets are particularly expensive and hard to get. Especially those people who lived during the 60's. I understand where you're coming from, but considering the technical difficulties, delays and various other factors, I think people are allowed to be disappointed. (The tickets were over $100 each, which is considerably more expensive than most performers.)

Before people bring up age, remember that the Rolling Stones and Aerosmith still put on a good show.

So if any overseas fans are complaining, I personally think they need a reality check. No one expected them to get back together to begin with, and then to offer international tickets for their reunion concert? How many Jrock bands have done that before? And Alabaster said the 3 day concert cost $25 million, so I don't see how they could have put on a "terrible" show with that kind of money being spent. >.> And they have such passion about music. I mean, there's passion, and then there's PASSION. @.@ I don't care if the tickets cost $300 to see them in MSG, I'll pay it. And I realize the show won't be as BIG and energetic as their Japanese concerts, but dammit, I was given this probably once in a lifetime opportunity to see them perform, which I never even imagined I'd get since I wasn't introduced to them until after they had disbanded, so I won't complain about delays or technical difficulties. I'll just be so happy and feel blessed to be there and see them live.

You're entitled to your opinion after all, but I just don't understand it.

Well....delays and technical difficulties happen? I dunno....I mean for us overseas fans, how many chances do we get to see them live? I would just be ecstatic to have that chance to see them. From the videos I've seen, it still looks like they put on an awesome performance. Yes, Toshi's voice was hoarse and off key at times, but with so much energy being put into the concert, I don't blame him. And some people age better than others. Rolling Stones and Aerosmith may still perform just as well as before, but maybe they're just lucky. I dunno.

I mean, I'm a HUGE L'Arc~en~Ciel fan. But I admit, they perform better in Japan than they did at Otakon....but that's understandable for various reasons. But there's no way I'd say I'm disappointed by it. My dream of seeing them live came true. It was a chance of a lifetime, and I'll never forget it. And they kept taking breaks too. I'll never forget thinking they were going to disband when they took that solo break in 2001. Yes, Hyde's voice isn't what it used to be (age, heavy smoking, etc.), but I feel blessed that they still keep coming together to create amazing music. I know one day will come when they will officially disband, so for now...I'm not going to knit-pick.

So if any overseas fans are complaining, I personally think they need a reality check. No one expected them to get back together to begin with, and then to offer international tickets for their reunion concert? How many Jrock bands have done that before? And Alabaster said the 3 day concert cost $25 million, so I don't see how they could have put on a "terrible" show with that kind of money being spent. >.> And they have such passion about music. I mean, there's passion, and then there's PASSION. @.@ I don't care if the tickets cost $300 to see them in MSG, I'll pay it. And I realize the show won't be as BIG and energetic as their Japanese concerts, but dammit, I was given this probably once in a lifetime opportunity to see them perform, which I never even imagined I'd get since I wasn't introduced to them until after they had disbanded, so I won't complain about delays or technical difficulties. I'll just be so happy and feel blessed to be there and see them live.

You're entitled to your opinion after all, but I just don't understand it.

I think Kaki's hit the nail squarely on the head here -- it's about differing expectations, and she never said that they were necessarily *realistic* expectations.

I imagine it's quite like seeing the Police, currently on tour, and going in with the expectations of a diehard fan from the 80s. No matter what, they haven't performed together in years and even with months of rehearsal, they can't turn back time.

Whereas I went in with the expectation of getting a totally over the top show by people I'd never seen live and to be honest, haven't followed all that closely. To me, it was about seeing in person a guy I'd had drinks with and who'd been very nice to my staff when he was at Otakon. I knew a few of the songs and liked them, and I personally think Yoshiki's a pretty good pianist. And I'd never been to a crazy-huge rock stadium show before with 50k fans. (And the tickets were comped and decent seats, to boot.) But I'm not surprised that Toshi's voice wore out -- and nobody could go at that pace for long, not at 40-something.

So I had different expectations than Kaki, and thus I wasn't fighting my own expectations. She grew up with them; I didn't.

September 13? *Checks calendar* A saturday! No conflicting schedules..HECK YES! I will be there for sure! Can't wait, I'm already really excited :)

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about ticket sales or anything like that, but I signed up with Ticketmaster.com to alert me just in case. >.> Lol.

same here...I'm all signed up and ready to buy

it seems tickets for MSG are all pretty expensive (been looking at the other acts listed as performing there in the next few months) tickets range anywhere from 100-300 dollars...how much do you think the X Japan tickets are going to cost?

• 2 months later...

Ouch.. poor Yoshiki T_T. He never listens to his doctors, I thought he would have learned by now x.x. I'm glad he at least decided to postpone it ^^, it's for the best. Thanks for the news ^^!

Aw Shoot....Cmon Yoshiki, you need to take better care of yourself -_-....stop working yourself to the point of exhaustion!!!

I wonder when/if any new concert dates will be announced.

;-; Man...first I find out L'Arc~en~Ciel won't do another live concert until 2011, and now this. RAWR.

Hopefully Yoshiki will take care of himself and get better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

We've passed along well-wishes from his friends at Otakon.

I can assure you that we WILL have some kind of tie-in or cross promotion with any concert Yoshiki does in the US. We were working out details for a ticket giveaway for the NYC concert when Yoshiki got injured, but whenever that concert gets rescheduled, you'll hear something from us.

And it looks like there will be something cool at con this year too, though a live appearance isn't in the cards.

We've passed along well-wishes from his friends at Otakon.

I can assure you that we WILL have some kind of tie-in or cross promotion with any concert Yoshiki does in the US. We were working out details for a ticket giveaway for the NYC concert when Yoshiki got injured, but whenever that concert gets rescheduled, you'll hear something from us.

And it looks like there will be something cool at con this year too, though a live appearance isn't in the cards.

Is this "cool" thing the "something that music oriented fans will love" thing that you mentioned in another post earlier? I'm really looking forward to the con this year, from all these little teasers you've been giving us.

I hope Yoshiki takes care of himself so he'll get well soon.

• 2 weeks later...

According to to today's news, the tour will be back on in October/November. http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080704-00000001-gen-ent

However, the following sentences caught my eye:

"世界ツアーはロンドン、台湾、パリで予定通り開催"

"10月中にロンドンと台湾で行われ、10月末から11月初めが東京、11月の終わりがパリです。"

which translate to:

"The World Tour will be held in London, Taiwan and Paris according to plan."

"The London and Taiwan concerts will be held in mid-October, while the Tokyo concerts will be held from the end of October and beginning of November, and Paris will be held at the end of November."

There is no discussion of New York in the article whatsoever. It makes me wonder if New York has been dropped from the list.

According to to today's news, the tour will be back on in October/November. http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080704-00000001-gen-ent

However, the following sentences caught my eye:

"世界ツアーはロンドン、台湾、パリで予定通り開催"

"10月中にロンドンと台湾で行われ、10月末から11月初めが東京、11月の終わりがパリです。"

which translate to:

"The World Tour will be held in London, Taiwan and Paris according to plan."

"The London and Taiwan concerts will be held in mid-October, while the Tokyo concerts will be held from the end of October and beginning of November, and Paris will be held at the end of November."

There is no discussion of New York in the article whatsoever. It makes me wonder if New York has been dropped from the list.

It would figure. Let's hope that's not true.

More updates from the news today. http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080710-00000008-nks-ent

To summarize:

Yoshiki is confined to home recovery until November. They have finalized new Paris concert for November 22 at a major venue in Paris. Asia, America and the other Europe locations may be announced shortly.

Great for French fans. I went to a con there once when I was studying abroad there for the summer, and while there weren't many things to do, there were a whole lot of very enthusiastic fans. I was told that their main anime con gets 80K people.

Thanks for the update, kaki! ^^

• 2 months later...

Yoshiki was doing an Asia promotion this week, where he gave a few interviews. I thought one of these might be of interest to you guys.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080918...0033-sanspo-ent

Basically, X Japan is adding another member. Yoshiki wouldn't say who it is, but Yoshiki decided the matter when the new member had a meeting in LA with him in August. He sees the guy as keeping the support position that hide once played. The new member will play on the world tour.

Also, he says that this world tour may be the "last", as concerts are proving difficult for them and they would like to go out still blooming. They will play Paris in November, Taiwan in February and Hong Kong in January.

They will also adjust dates on the postponed Madison Square concert, and add Japan concert dates. They would like to bring the style of their Tokyo Dome concert to all of their world concert tour locations. Hide will be there and Sugizo will be there. (Which makes me suspect that Sugizo is the 6th member, but we'll see.)

Yoshiki was doing an Asia promotion this week, where he gave a few interviews. I thought one of these might be of interest to you guys.

Basically, X Japan is adding another member. Yoshiki wouldn't say who it is, but Yoshiki decided the matter when the new member had a meeting in LA with him in August. He sees the guy as keeping the support position that hide once played. The new member will play on the world tour.

Also, he says that this world tour may be the "last", as concerts are proving difficult for them and they would like to go out still blooming. They will play Paris in November, Taiwan in February and Hong Kong in January.

They will also adjust dates on the postponed Madison Square concert, and add Japan concert dates. They would like to bring the style of their Tokyo Dome concert to all of their world concert tour locations. Hide will be there and Sugizo will be there. (Which makes me suspect that Sugizo is the 6th member, but we'll see.)

So the new york concert really will be a once in a lifetime event.....Oh boy I bet these tickets are gonna be expensive.

So the new york concert really will be a once in a lifetime event.....Oh boy I bet these tickets are gonna be expensive.
  • 1 month later...