What would you like to see

Guest tatsuri

Guest tatsuri

What are some items you wish someone would sell in the Dealers Room?

I noticed last year that I ran into a lot of idol (JE and SM) and drama watching fans, that were disappointed by the lack of items that they would like to see being sold. I realized that a lot of artist that I am into, their items are not for sell.

SOOOO, I'm creating this topic just to find out what you would like to see.

If I get enough suggestion, I just might open a booth in the dealers room and sell it.

It all depends on how many people would like to see the same thing.

I want to bring items to you that you rarely see but I do not want to lose my money buying bulks of items that only 3 people will buy.

Just name a few things.

Thanks

Edited by tatsuri

D: some gloomy plushies would be nice

Uhhh let's see here....O_O I would so love to see seramyu or Burimyu on dvd sold there

Uh....uhh.....<< *gets smacked for this next comment* moar bleach stuff

Maybe some Psycho le Cemu, X-Japan, Dir en Grey, Gackt, hide, Rentrer en Soi, etc. stuff?

>3 Mystery plushie grab bag?

I would really love to see more Final Fantasy or Kingdom hearts stuff. Heck, silent hill, resident evil, and even Fatal frame would be nice.

Asian Horror movies.Lots and lots of asian horror movies

And maybe original untranslated manga? I know there probably was some there but I probably missed it or couldn't afford it >3<

=3 lots more cosplay necklace options if possible *is an anime jewelry junkie*

and that is all i could think of that would make me happy to see

Lots of stuff from Japan. Like the aforementioned original (untranslated) manga. (But not bootlegged! :[)

3. FF7 game - no one ever seems to sell it

They've stopped making the original Final Fantasy VII (to the best of my knowledge), as it's now two system iterations behind the front lines. If you're looking for a copy, your best bet is to look at secondhand sources (though those are also scarce, as the game is so popular).

3. FF7 game - no one ever seems to sell it

They've stopped making the original Final Fantasy VII (to the best of my knowledge), as it's now two system iterations behind the front lines. If you're looking for a copy, your best bet is to look at secondhand sources (though those are also scarce, as the game is so popular).

i'm really hoping to find some berserk and claymore statues!

id love to see sushi back packs or pillows along with stuff for everyday useage. like NERV rings or death note ties

I've noticed the HUGE lack of music in multiple convention's dealer rooms....I'd like to see a better selection of music if at all possible.

Alot of what other people have posted on this board would be very interesting to see as well (I wouldn't mind seeing more plushies (like sonic) and statues/ other collectibles)

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see more San-X stuff.... it's been decreasing in number every year, and I go to the Dealer's Room JUST for weird San-X stuff. Bring back Frog- Style! And AfroKen!

http://san-x.co.jp/ :3

Totally seconded!! How can I fulfill my Nyan Nyan Nyanko obsession with so few items!!

I also agree that more everyday use items would be great. Bento boxes, purses/travel bags, travel accessories, asian/anime-related jewelry. I have too many T-shirts already, and who needs that many messenger bags?

Thirding the untranslated manga suggestion. I remember, several years ago, being able to find at least one copy of every volume of untranslated manga I'd wanted, but now, unless it's coming out currently, it's really hard to find. It sucks for me, as I'm missing just a few volumes in the middle of a couple of series. Otakon was where I went to get that stuff, and now it's not there.

I'd also love to see more Japanese street fashion booths. The lolitas stripped Kinokuniya clean by noon on Saturday, and a booth that was well-stocked in small essentials (socks, headdresses, bows, a couple of blouses and a JSK or two) could stand to make a killing. As long as you've got some of the rarer stuff/your mark up is less than it would be to commission a shopping service, you could sell out before you could blink.

Music & fashion stuff sounds cool.

Just thought, it'd be nice if someone was selling stuff like screentones. Would anyone do that? I'm a con newbie, so i wouldn't know, but it'd be really nice. I want to try out screentones.

I would love to see any goodies from these series (there was some selection last year, but I am hoping to find more yummies!):

Kyou Kara Maou

Loveless

Gravitation

Death Note

Bleach

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Yami no Matsuei

and of course, lots of Yaoi stuff! ^^

There can never be enough Pocky!

Correction: there can't be ANY Pocky unless it's sold via Aramark. Not our rule; see the FAQ on the website for why.

As for music, many vendors have simply given up trying to lug around CDs from show to show, only to hear endless complaints about how expensive they are.

CDs in Japan -- legit ones at least -- typically run $20-$30. By the time you add in normal business costs, there isn't much profit in selling them or trying to keep up with fickle tastes, and few dealers can buy enough of individual titles to get the sort of discount that they could really pass along to you. Add in the issue of bootlegs and the occasionally difficult time finding legit sources willing to discount, and you wind up with prices that are -- if you're lucky -- comparable to what you'd pay in Japan, plus a few bucks. add in a really HORRIBLE exchange rate (the dollar is down 15-20% against the yen, meaning that it costs more US dollars to buy products in Japan than ever before) and you wind up with a price that's a few bucks higher than what it would cost in Japan.

I'd love to see Alucard's replica guns- the Jackal and the Joshua .454 Casull. I think the Japanese metal replicas are considered illegal in America since they have moving parts, but even the cheaper resin replicas that came out in a special DVED collection a few years ago would be cool!

The guns are so hard to find and if you find them on ebay, they usually run about $150.00

i'll be looking for cheap cheap translated manga like 6.00 each or something

cute items like ocha ken, pucca, hello kitty, stitch (but i doubt anyone will bring that since its Disney) and gloomy either plush, electronic or useful for everyday items.

I agree with the household items also i'd love to see household items. Small things could be shower curtains, mouse pads, re-usable bento boxes, photo album and cd wallet

other then that i might look out for j-rock band photocard sets and fashion accessories

Edited by yamiko

Ah, so it's "if you want Pocky, go buy it at the local store & bring it with you"? Ah well. La vita

To tell you the truth I really dont know what I would particullary want to see in the Dealers room. I mean as long as there video games in the dealers room Im happry because I remember one year they didnt really have any...I think it was the 06 year. Anyways it is an anime convention so Im sure theres gonna be plenty of that in the dealers room. Maybe you could put some Japanese fashion in the dealers room. Not just the kimonos and stuff like that. I mean some of the japanese fashion of today, or maybe some of the many technological gadgets that we will never get over here in America.

4. Utena's signet ring - it's becoming harder and harder to find, even on Ebay but I REALLY want one

Good like scouring the Dealer's Room for one. I was able to get mine back in 2000 and actually had someone offer to buy it off my finger a year ago because they couldn't find one anywhere. From what I know, they stopped producing Authentic Utena rings a while back. :/

Anyhoo, I am going to get more Vibrating Mokonas for my Vibrating Mokona army and possibly a Super Mario Koopa shell for my Super Mario plush collection.

To tell you the truth I really dont know what I would particullary want to see in the Dealers room. I mean as long as there video games in the dealers room Im happry because I remember one year they didnt really have any...I think it was the 06 year. Anyways it is an anime convention so Im sure theres gonna be plenty of that in the dealers room. Maybe you could put some Japanese fashion in the dealers room. Not just the kimonos and stuff like that. I mean some of the japanese fashion of today, or maybe some of the many technological gadgets that we will never get over here in America.

actually id like a metaknight plushie. Also, those big, stuffed tachikomas XD they sell like hotcakes. by friday evening last year they were all gone. luckily i managed to get one of the last ones =D

I second the japanese fashion and gadgets! B)

Minor reality check. The thing about japanese fashion accessories is this: there's a high cost of shipping, if you want the real stuff, and customs and such would be involved, and so there'd be a high markup. And without being indelicate, Japanese body shapes and sizes are NOT going to fit many American cosplayers. They risk bringing over a lot of stuff that would be pricey and would be hard to fit. It's not like shopping online -- whatever they can't sell they'd have to ship back. Accessories *might* be more doable than outfits, but the markup, again, would be a detriment.

Minor reality check. The thing about japanese fashion accessories is this: there's a high cost of shipping, if you want the real stuff, and customs and such would be involved, and so there'd be a high markup. And without being indelicate, Japanese body shapes and sizes are NOT going to fit many American cosplayers. They risk bringing over a lot of stuff that would be pricey and would be hard to fit. It's not like shopping online -- whatever they can't sell they'd have to ship back. Accessories *might* be more doable than outfits, but the markup, again, would be a detriment.

Very true, but depending on the item and the store's connections in Japan, it's still possible to beat the 15-30% markup that those of us already following certain trends already expect. Kinokuniya, with a markup averaging 20-25%, sold completely out of everything but the most hideous items (they even sold what's referred to in the lolita community as the "Aunt Jemima" bonnet!) in only a few hours. Their markup was extensive--a headdress retailing for 2500 yen was 45 dollars! They even managed to sell their Alice and the Pirates sailor boots--retail ~$350--for over $450. It can be done, and with potential to make quite a bit, as long as the seller has an easy, affordable, and reliable way to import from Japan--something that many of the dealers are already dealing with. I completely agree that accessories are more likely to sell than outfits, but at the same time, there's still demand for both, as well as other fashion-related items (purses! parasols! petticoats! other things that don't start with p!).

put in my vote for more untranslated manga... But furigana is nice :3

Why do so many of you want untranslated manga? you can't read them, right?

IDK about everyone else, but I *can*, or at least use them to practice what I'm learning. I like manga with furigana (and most manga to about teen-level has it for uncommon words; I've only run across one series that I wanted to read that didn't have furigana, and it was aimed at college kids), as it teaches me new words/tests my memory of alternate kanji pronunciations.

Nothing really much more specific then "stuff that you can't find online for the same price or cheaper".

I wouldn't mind seeing more Japanese cultural-type stuff and definitely more music. :)

As for music, many vendors have simply given up trying to lug around CDs from show to show, only to hear endless complaints about how expensive they are.

CDs in Japan -- legit ones at least -- typically run $20-$30. By the time you add in normal business costs, there isn't much profit in selling them or trying to keep up with fickle tastes, and few dealers can buy enough of individual titles to get the sort of discount that they could really pass along to you. Add in the issue of bootlegs and the occasionally difficult time finding legit sources willing to discount, and you wind up with prices that are -- if you're lucky -- comparable to what you'd pay in Japan, plus a few bucks. add in a really HORRIBLE exchange rate (the dollar is down 15-20% against the yen, meaning that it costs more US dollars to buy products in Japan than ever before) and you wind up with a price that's a few bucks higher than what it would cost in Japan.

Edited by Daniel Perales
  • 2 weeks later...
I would really like to see japanese accessories/street wear. I love wearing it to school and getting weird looks. so maybe like bags, hats, NECKTIES!!! (love'm),fingerless gloves...... stuff like that.

I want more chains, necklaces, and bracelets from animes, mangas, and video games.

Last year I bought a Sora - KH Necklace and I want to buy lots more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.