Posting photos of Cosplayers on forums

Question

icon14.gif

Dear Otakon Webmaster(s):

Hi, my name is Gordon. I am working on a site named AnimeJutsu.com

This year, I would like to post linked photo thumbnails of cosplayers onto your forums. The posts would consist of around 1800+ images.

The reason I want to do this is to help people post and find their photos by going to an official Otakon resource. (Rather then hunting photos down with Google or begging people to share private links)

With this project, I hope to help people find the content they want through a simplified communication means.

The major benefit is that everyone has access to this resource (AnimeJutsu.com)

-----------------

Last year, I tried to do this but the images were removed by your administrators.

I would like to submit a request for permission to proceed with posting the images this year (2008).

An active example of what the posts will probably look like can be found @ this link:

http://www.animenext.org/forum/viewtopic.p...sc&start=90

Also, If I could get permission to, I'd like to test this by posting the Otakon 2007 photos on the site.

-----------------

Forums that have participated have enjoyed a very positive response from their members. I'd like to share that experience with The leadership and members of your forums.

I eagerly await your reply.

-Sincerely,

Gordon

Animejutsu.com

5 answers to this question

We are currently looking into opening up a feature to have photo albums uploaded by our uses to the forums. We hope to have this in the near future..for now, please respect our forum guidelines in term of images until we get this feature up and running.

We are currently looking into opening up a feature to have photo albums uploaded by our uses to the forums. We hope to have this in the near future..for now, please respect our forum guidelines in term of images until we get this feature up and running.
That would be fantastic. Another great feature for something like that would be the ability to tag the photo with the name of the character being cosplayed so people can type in whatever character they were dressed as and look through the pictures from there!