Hair help...?

Hope this is the right place for this. :)'

For my (first ever) cosplay, i would like to dye my hair blonde, as opposed to going & getting a blonde wig. The problem is that i have no clue what effect it'll have on my hair (no, i've never dyed it before. Ever. Eheh). I mentioned this to a friend recently who has dyed her hair before, & she said something about stripping your hair, or else it'll just turn orange. This sounds like it could possibly murder my hair very graphically (it's already frizzy as it is). Plus, her hair's always been lighter than mine, so i'm kind of hopeful the result isn't the same for everyone.

Which is another problem. My hair is a very dark brown. Not only have i heard that people with such natural hair don't look good with lighter hair (specifically blonde), but it makes me wonder if there's any hope that it will turn blonde, or if it'll just lighten itself a bit.

So... any help or suggestions would be very much welcome. Really don't want to ruin my hair any more than it already is. :\

When I bleached my bangs a little while ago (I have medium-brown hair dyed to a dark sable brown), the chemicals turned it a nice honey color. If you leave the bleach in longer, it will turn your hair more and more blonde. The next time your friend bleaches hers, ask to borrow a little of the leftover bleach (if she has any), and test a small hidden part of your hair.

If you're really concerned or going for a platinum shade of blonde, I'd consult a hairstylist before doing anything.

I HIGHLY suggest if your going to go from dark brown to blonde, you go to a professional. They can tell you what shade of blonde would be right for you. Yes, if you want to have a true blonde shade, it would be wise to have your hair stripped by a professional who can mix a good shade to colour it.

I HIGHLY suggest if your going to go from dark brown to blonde, you go to a professional. They can tell you what shade of blonde would be right for you. Yes, if you want to have a true blonde shade, it would be wise to have your hair stripped by a professional who can mix a good shade to colour it.