Hey, when did they add the neat little event planner thing to the member's only area. I like it alot!!!!!! I love having the dealers, schedule(tentative) things, and eventually the artists listed like that beforehand, that's cool as crap.

Great job on that little website aspect. :D

Psst....what's a party plaza :D

I was just posting about it on the AoD BBS, and I like it too. It looks as if they'll be updating the programming schedule in real-time as well! The one thing the planner really does for me is show which Dealers Room vendors are in which space(s) ahead of time, and that can be important (to some otaku).

Yeah, the planning area was just added to the members area of the Otakon website.

It hasn't been announced yet, since we're still testing some aspects of it (as you may be able to tell by some of the scheduled events - aka Party Plaza). Plus we would like there to be a little more content in there before it goes live 100% or else we'll have excited people logging in to find a blank page.

Anyhow when it's finally ready to go we think it will give members plenty of new features, some of which were pointed out already, like:

- The ability to marking dealers and artists you would like to see, and correlate their location in the exhibitions rooms

- Developing and printing a schedule of Otakon events for yourself or to give to other people (so they perhaps may know where to look for you?)

- Real-time updates to the schedule at-con are possible, and are currently in the planning stages.

Maybe the schedule for each day and the updates could be loaded into a Powerpoint or something and loaded into the nifty LCD screens that went up on 300 level by Starbucks and Einstein Bros. Because Otakon updates are more entertaining viewing than CNN.

And I want a Party Plaza! :D

Edited by Aresef

Not a bad idea, but I think that will depend more on who owns the TVs (BCC, Starbucks, etc...) and whether or not there is a simple (and inexpensive) way to drive a feed into all of them. I talk with our technical operations manager about this and see what his opinion is. My gut tells me that it's not very likely for this year, but one never knows.

Wow! This is great! I was wondering if there was ever going to be more to it other than registration. Good job guys and thank you so much!

Not a bad idea, but I think that will depend more on who owns the TVs (BCC, Starbucks, etc...) and whether or not there is a simple (and inexpensive) way to drive a feed into all of them. I talk with our technical operations manager about this and see what his opinion is. My gut tells me that it's not very likely for this year, but one never knows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.