The Forbidden Kingdom shown at Otakon '08?

I was one of the twenty recently selected to go see the forbidden kingdom. I went, I saw, I thoroughly enjoyed, and then I curious'd. Is there any way to put in a vote for this fine film to be shown for all the lovely otaku to enjoy this year? This brings me to inquire if whether people sign up to show movies like they sign up for panels, or if all screenings and legal matters thereof are run by Otacorp?

I know this is borderline Q and A, but the main point of this topic is to put in my reccomendation for SOMEONE to showcase this film at Otakon. It's quite the asian delight.

Just to make sure I understand your question, you're asking if people sign up to bring in movies to show?

I'm afraid that we don't have our members bringing things in to show at Otakon. Since it doesn't open in theaters until Friday, I am not sure that it will be available in any other venue besides 35mm film, and I don't think any member would want to pay for the renting and shipping of a 35mm film (which can run in the hundreds of dollars). And we wouldn't want a member to. Otakorp handles all of that.

However, we do encourage everyone to offer suggestions on what they would like to see so that our people have a better idea of what to hunt down. So please keep suggesting things.

Advanced screenings like this one are usually worked out directly with a local promotion company. In this case (and indeed in most of them to date), we've worked with Allied Baltimore. Companies like that arrange for promotions and radio contests and press screenings. (And our involvement there started because an old friend of mine was their screening coordinator.)

At con, it's more often directly coordinated between us and the US distributor.

In this case, it would be a simple matter of requesting permission to show it, as it's likely to be available on DVD by then.

Your request to have the film shown at Otakon will be passed along to the head of video programming.

Advanced screenings like this one are usually worked out directly with a local promotion company. In this case (and indeed in most of them to date), we've worked with Allied Baltimore. Companies like that arrange for promotions and radio contests and press screenings. (And our involvement there started because an old friend of mine was their screening coordinator.)

At con, it's more often directly coordinated between us and the US distributor.

In this case, it would be a simple matter of requesting permission to show it, as it's likely to be available on DVD by then.

Your request to have the film shown at Otakon will be passed along to the head of video programming.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.