Anime shows that never should have exsisted

Which anime shows do you think NEVER should have exsisted. Lists the ones you think are SO bad, so dreadful, so unwatchable that human eyes should never lay on them ever! Well, they dont have to be THAT bad......

Here's my list:

1. Voices of a Distance Star

2. Yu Gi Oh, Beyblade, Duel Monsters, Digimon or any of those merchandise/toy/gotta-catch-em-all type shows that subliminally try to get kids to collect all their crap.

[i didnt add Pokemon because the first season was great but the show should have stopped after the first pokemon league]

3. To Heart

4. Dragonall GT

5. Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden

6. FLCL

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Urayasu

2. Yu Gi Oh, Beyblade, Duel Monsters (about Digimon I liked the 2 first seasons after that I stopped watching)

3. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (Got boring after 5 chapters and kinda pointless, same characters you hated from every other clamp series now suffer from memory loss)

Note: Personal opinion, don't start a drama over it lol.

You didn't like Voices of a Distant Star? I just saw it recently, and I loved it.

One Piece. Just throwing that out there. Oh, and yaoi.

*gets attacked by fangirls*

Edited by Aresef

Big O....that show drives me crazy, every time they bring it back on Adult Swim I'm annoyed that I have to change the channel for a half hour. And honestly, Dragonball...anything. It's just so silly...that's the kind of stuff non-anime watching people make fun of us for.

**Just my opinions, take no offense**

Not actually an anime, but Kingdom Hearts, it's like they gave someone's godawful crossoverfanfic a six million dollar budget.

LOL :o

... but it's a really fun game! At first I thought it was a silly concept [Disney and Final Fantasy], but I gave it a shot and loved it.

And I didn't like Voices of a Distance Star because I felt it was too melodramatic and depressing. I didnt feel good after watching that movie....

Crest/Banner of the Stars were both ridiculously long, drawn-out, and boring for me. I hated them both.

I think the reason CLAMP started writing xXxHOLiC and Tsubasa: Resevoir Chronicles was because they'd finally ended a few storylines that had been dragging on for years, only to realize they didn't want to end them and lose interest in those series. This way they could bring back the characters and dynamics they liked and overlook certain minor details like death and dismemberment.

• 3 weeks later...
Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden

I have to wholeheartedly agree with this choice as well. An OVA that should've never been done.

May I also add Ikkitousen, Magikano & Wedding Peach to the list? All three of them, at best, are parodies of better series based upon the same type of storyline more or less.

Bobobobobo doesn't need to exist either, but that's just my opinion...

Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden

I have to wholeheartedly agree with this choice as well. An OVA that should've never been done.

May I also add Ikkitousen, Magikano & Wedding Peach to the list? All three of them, at best, are parodies of better series based upon the same type of storyline more or less.

Bobobobobo doesn't need to exist either, but that's just my opinion...

:) Sailor Moon.

There's only a set number of times you can use the same episode plot/storyline in the run of a show and have it work. Sailor Moon took that limit and doubled it.

Just my opinion though.

-_- Sailor Moon.

There's only a set number of times you can use the same episode plot/storyline in the run of a show and have it work. Sailor Moon took that limit and doubled it.

Just my opinion though.

I agree only for the series with the starlight knights...seriously, guys that morph into (badly drawn) magical girls? That's a little much even for me, and I really liked Ranma 1/2! Loved the Sailor Moon manga though! It's how I got interested in anime and manga in the first place!!

Other series that don't need to exist - Definitely Dragonball! The first one was ok, but after a while I got sick of watching people "power-up" to a level that's "off the charts!" every bloody episode! Oh, and plots that paint you into a corner.

Also, Descendents of Darkness...a great yaoi possibility that's never explored, crappy voice acting (at least for english) and so many plot holes and loose ends at the end...a lot of build-up and a terrible anti-climax. disappointing.

Why is everyone hatin' on FLCL? D:

Anyhoo, the new Yu-Gi-Oh.

Motorcycles. Uh-huh. D:<

:) Sailor Moon.

Just my opinion though.

I enjoyed Devil Lady, but I am a Go Nagai fan. I dream that he would be a guest for Otakon, some year.

On to ones that I truely hated:

Overman King Gainer-worst theme song ever.

Nerima Daikon Brothers-music was good, but there isn't much else to it.

Edited by tstidm1

Comerati High (sp?)

I don't know the spelling but this one really made me ---- my head to the side in confusion. Just the opening alone I think I flat lined for a minute there.

Another two : Cat Soup and Doggie Poo......insantity or genius???

I agree that the Descendants of Darkness anime is very overrated, though I am enjoying the manga a lot more. The show was originally meant to be 26 episodes, but was cut very short and I think it seemed too rushed and not terribly interesting. Not to mention the English voice actors...

I think the one show that should have never been created above all is Ichigo 100%. I still have no idea how I got though the whole thing...You can only have a girl accidentally fall on your face so many times before it is no longer funny. They have a total of about 3 jokes that are rehashed a dozen times each episode, and the quality animation burns my eyes. Not to mention that the plot at the beginning is essentially the plot at the end...nothing happened through the whole show.

Finally, Tenchi in Tokyo. I enjoyed the other seasons pretty well, but...well this one just all out sucked.

I'd all but blocked Tenchi in Tokyo out of my mind, it was so bad! D: (Coming from a girl whose first introduction to not-Sailor Moon!anime was Tenchi Universe, heh)

I'd all but blocked Tenchi in Tokyo out of my mind, it was so bad! D: (Coming from a girl whose first introduction to not-Sailor Moon!anime was Tenchi Universe, heh)

1. Yugioh, and all those merchandising anime (including Bakugan -.-)) Arent 30 second commercials bad enough? Why make 30 MINUTE commercials?

2. Baki the grappler, Hajime no Ippo, Prince of Tennis, ect. SPORTS AINT ANIME!

3. Anything dubbed by 4Kids/VIZ. Nothing against the originals, just the dubs.

1. Yugioh, and all those merchandising anime (including Bakugan -.-)) Arent 30 second commercials bad enough? Why make 30 MINUTE commercials?

2. Baki the grappler, Hajime no Ippo, Prince of Tennis, ect. SPORTS AINT ANIME!

3. Anything dubbed by 4Kids/VIZ. Nothing against the originals, just the dubs.

I feel I have to point out that without the income from lucrative licensing fees shows like Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon and Gundam produce, you wouldn't see much anime at all.

As for "SPORTS AINT ANIME", would you extend that to the logical conclusion that martial arts aren't suitable for anime?

Anime is a medium -- not a subject matter. There are anime (and manga) on all sorts of subjects and it's fine if some of them don't interest you, but to say they're not anime is pretty silly.

Clearly there are good dubs and bad dubs, and all sorts of questionable choices made in that process of putting shows on US television so they can reach a large enough audience to be profitable. If you don't like the dubs, you don't have to watch them dubbed; ever since DVDs became the default format, companies have routinely offered both. But in terms of SALES, dubbing makes a massive difference and you're fooling yourself if you think a general audience will prefer anything subtitled.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but IMHO, the ones I wish never existed are the following:

1. The new pokemon and the new digimon (personally I loved the old stuff and is still an old beyblade/yuigioh fan. I love saying "Back in my day, there were only 150 pokemon)

2. Ghost in a shell

3. Inuyasha (they kinda milked the relationship thing)

But yeah, that's just me.

>> and if there is an anime based around Aikido out there, someone tell me. I practice Aikido so >>...

ok resume topic Lol

I guess it's a matter of opinion but IMHO, the ones I wish never existed are the following:

1. The new pokemon and the new digimon (personally I loved the old stuff and is still an old beyblade/yuigioh fan. I love saying "Back in my day, there were only 150 pokemon)

2. Ghost in a shell

Same happened to me with Tsubasa reservoir chronicles around chap 4 I think 4 chapters dedicated to one single feather.. too much for me X_x

I agree with you, they would drag out the quest for a feather way too long at times throughout the series, then you'd get a feather an episode just to throw you off.

Anyways, Tsubasa Chronicle, watched the 2nd season not long ago, just to learn that the 2nd season was basically pointless. What a disappointment... Should've never existed, unless they come out with a third season & that was just the middle of the story. Then again, that's just my opinion.

So feel free to add the 2nd season of Tsubasa Chronicle to the list...

Edited by Shineigami02

2. Ghost in a shell

ah yes, I remember the good old days when there were only 150 pokemon. I did like the series back then. now there are just too many.

And my problem with inu yasha is this........... the episode were the jewel shard broke in a million pieces, I just knew each freakin' piece would be an episode....... and I was right............

I'm just amused that people complain that a series *designed from the ground up purely to sell toys* has become too commercial.

I don't disagree -- the first season of Pokemon (even the heavily edited US version) is palatable and reasonably decent kiddy fare. The same is true, more or less, for Yu-gi-oh, in which there's a balance between story and strategy, and fairly little repetition. Overall, they can be very positive childrens' programming despite their obvious commercial undertones.

But as any shonen series fan knows, formula-driven shows can (and frequently will) go on as long as the formula appears to be working (because viewers are tuning in, comics are being sold, or product is flying off the shelves).

2. Ghost in a shell

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about Ghost in the Shell?

I agree, the series today is NOTHING like it was when there were only 150 Pokemon. I went to Barnes and Nobles the other day and noticed a Pokemon guide so I picked it up and couldn't BELIEVE how many hundreds and hundreds there were now. And what annoyed me more than anything was that they STILL haven't made another evolution/pre-evolution for Vulpix. Vulpix was ALWAYS my favorite, and so many Pokemon, especially the ones that started out with no evolutions/pre-evolutions (Chansy, Magmar, Electabuzz) now have one or two evs/pre-evs and Vulpix still has nothing *sigh*

Plus, I think they just got lazy as far as creativity goes when it came to making up new Pokemon sooo the series definitely suffered because of that. Besides that, Misty should have never left. They should have just kept it Ash, Misty, Brock. But maybe that's just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

2. Ghost in a shell

ah yes, I remember the good old days when there were only 150 pokemon. I did like the series back then. now there are just too many.

And my problem with inu yasha is this........... the episode were the jewel shard broke in a million pieces, I just knew each freakin' piece would be an episode....... and I was right............

Overman King Gainer-worst theme song ever.

*Prepares herself to be destroyed*

i don't see the point of Code Geass

it's way too similar to Gundam SEED, the mechs look exactly like LFO's, and of course that touch of Death Note

Edited by ~Ametatsu~

*Cough* BAKUGAN */C

i accidentally watched this show a few weeks ago and i thought it was the title of a naruto episode. i saw the title on my Direct TV guide and i was like "oh cool, byakugan".....then a defining silence was heard the likes of which my house has never seen! here is a link people :rolleyes: and experience the horror which has been bestowed upon the likes of American Anime

http://www.bakugan.com/

*Prepares herself to be destroyed*

i don't see the point of Code Geass

it's way too similar to Gundam SEED, the mechs look exactly like LFO's, and of course that touch of Death Note

Inuyasha. It's personal, but it just annoys the ever loving bejeebus outta me.

X/1999. When I used to make appearances at anime club meetings and found them playing it, I started to root through the snacks to find something sharp enough to dig my eyeballs out to stop the pain.

Anything that has a card game tie in. Because really, the animation's going downhill more and more to the realm of the campy. I'll still watch Pokemon when no one's around to catch me sometimes, but all of the other ones are just irritating.

That said, I gotta stand up for Hoshi no Koe. It was too short and all for a one time release, but it was so fabulous. Of course, being short makes it limited when you make an AMV with it. ^_^ It makes me want to send text messages from inside my mecha sometimes.

Naruto - Except for that the show is painful to watch, the fans are even worse. This show is the sole reason I have quit every Anime Club I have joined after the first day and feel very hesitant on taking Japanese Classes in a University.

Gundam SEED Destiny - The show sucked really bad as a Gundam series, but not as bad as a series in general. If it was stripped of the name Gundam, it would just be on my eh.. list.

Devil May Cry - I was really hoping this show would be awesome, but it wasn't. Action was depicted in a way making you feel empty in the end and hoping someone awesome would happen, except it never came.

X/1999 Movie - Way too crammed, quick and confusing. Only reason I bought the movie is due to the ending credit song. I enjoyed the Anime and the Series, but the movie just felt insanely weak and as if someone put it together last minute in a week.

Zombie Loan - Only series that I gave up before I even finished the first episode. Plot felt as a ripoff of every major anime running at that time, animation quality was crap, and I felt more lost and confused after the first 15 minutes than after a series finale of LOST.