Anime shows that never should have exsisted

I think it's tough to decide what anime should never have been made. I mean there's SO MUCH OUT THERE.

I agree with what was said earlier, that it's really a matter of taste. For me, I enjoy pokemon the game. The show? Not so good.

I also agree that some of the main anime people are dissing were huge in bringing anime to America. Sailor Moon and DB are huge. They impacted history! And of course looking back on it they may have seemed silly, but that's only now that we have cool suff like...naurto

I mean

all the cool anime out there...

Besides, a lot of old stuff gets a bad rap after it's "uncool." Jeeze Transformers went through a time where they were super uncool and dorky and NOW LOOK. And G.I Joe too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big O....that show drives me crazy, every time they bring it back on Adult Swim I'm annoyed that I have to change the channel for a half hour. And honestly, Dragonball...anything. It's just so silly...that's the kind of stuff non-anime watching people make fun of us for.

**Just my opinions, take no offense**

Bobobo-bobobo-bo was just horrible and I completely agree with everyone who mentioned it before me. I just didn't grasp the concept of fighting a gang of bald people with nose hair, among other things.

And I have all respects for Japanese horror and gore movies, but Apocalypse Zero....yeah it was just bad.

Pokemon after Brock left - really? you're gonna take away Brock? You suck, Pokemon. You suck hard.
  • 2 weeks later...
Bobobo-bobobo-bo was just horrible and I completely agree with everyone who mentioned it before me. I just didn't grasp the concept of fighting a gang of bald people with nose hair, among other things.

And I have all respects for Japanese horror and gore movies, but Apocalypse Zero....yeah it was just bad.

Pokemon after Brock left - really? you're gonna take away Brock? You suck, Pokemon. You suck hard.

Wait, they took out Brock too? O.o I know they had him leave for a little while, when they had Tracy in, but I didn't know he left again. I stopped watching altogether when Misty left the show, I mean how can you take away the original cast. Now hearing Brock left though, thats just wrong.

And I kinda agree about Kingdom Hearts. Don't get me wrong, I think it's alright, but way too over-rated. And the manga is god awful... ><

yea the manga is awful. I was hoping that the manga would go into more detail about the characters and the plot instead of being EXACTLY like the game. plus it was very rated G.

I'm going to take the coward's way out and hate on an anime that nobody else has heard of:

Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space. It's an artsy, pretentious, BLACK AND WHITE FLASH ANIMATION that came out in 2002 and has yet to see an official English release. I had the misfortune of sitting through it at a convention several years back, and I have never wanted 90 minutes of my life back that bad. It is hands down the slowest, dullest, most entertainment-free anime I've ever witnessed. There's a lot of anime I just plain dislike, but Tamala 2010 is the only one that just plain should not exist.

Guyeg means mainly the orange islands. Brock is still there, he's just watered down to only have this running gag role. It's been years since I've watched that show, but I'm still up to date.

As for Bobobo, anime only it should not have existed, the manga had a ton more references and was more violent (high pressure blood) and fits a better. It's wacky.

I still don't see anything worthy of being made with merchandise selling anime.

I'd have to disagree with the Digimon thing. That was my favorite show when I was younger. It was decent, at least. Hardly deserving of "never should have existed". Looking back on it now, it's not a work of art, but it was meant for kids.

I think most anime/manga are decent in some sense for SOME person. But personal opinions tell me excessive fanservice and teen girl drama make some shows unbearable.

I'd have to disagree with the Digimon thing. That was my favorite show when I was younger. It was decent, at least. Hardly deserving of "never should have existed". Looking back on it now, it's not a work of art, but it was meant for kids.
  • 4 weeks later...

Love Hina Again

Are you kidding me? Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!??? Didn't Naru not shout that she wanted to be with Keitaru forever way way back in the summer special?

Then we get this joke. Suddenly Keitaru has a 'sister' with a thing for him? Naru goes back to her tired sthick of wanting nothing to do with Keitaru (THE main reason I never liked Naru, and wanted him and Mutsumi to be an item forever).....um....no I can't explain it any further.

Tread lightly on this OVA disaster.

Now for another anime that shouldn't exist.....lucky star.

*runs*

• 1 month later...

Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, as well as Bubblegum Crash. The original BGC is a classic, but crash is brain so brain meltingly bad that many say that it doesn't even exist, and don't get me started on 2040!!!

then there's Gundam SEED Destiny, as said before, it was all unnecessary.

then there's also Eiken...oh god Eiken...I have to question why Media Blasters licensed this ALONG with all 18 (!) Volumes of the Manga, Ay-yayai!!!

I'd also Like to Mention Queen's Blade. and you can find plenty of hate for that over at Myanimelist.net

Love Hina Again

Are you kidding me? Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!??? Didn't Naru not shout that she wanted to be with Keitaru forever way way back in the summer special?

Then we get this joke. Suddenly Keitaru has a 'sister' with a thing for him? Naru goes back to her tired sthick of wanting nothing to do with Keitaru (THE main reason I never liked Naru, and wanted him and Mutsumi to be an item forever).....um....no I can't explain it any further.

Tread lightly on this OVA disaster.

Now for another anime that shouldn't exist.....lucky star.

*runs*

My all time "anime that should never have been made" choice are the sequels to El-Hazard. I guess I'll give the first tv series a pass since it's a reboot.

The first OAV ended perfectly. The second OAV didn't really add anything useful. And the second TV series (same continuity as the OAVs) did nothing but diminish the first OAV.

They're series I wished I could forget just so I'd remember the first OAV more fondly.

Rurouni Kenshin - you took away from Samurai X's greatness, you campy, bug-eyed sorry-excuse for an anime.

How could the thing that spawned Samurai X take away from it? Without Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X would have never been as Samurai X was made AFTER Rurouni Kenshin had been out for like 5 years?...