OTAKON 2008 AMV Submission Rules

I have a couple questions...

1. Can we submit an AMV that we submitted a previous year to Otakon, but did NOT make it into the final competition?

2. I know studio bumpers aren't allowed, but I wanted to dedicate my AMV. If I have a dedication prior to the AMV starting, is this considered a "bumper" and not allowed?

Thanks in advance!! ^^

I have a couple questions...

1. Can we submit an AMV that we submitted a previous year to Otakon, but did NOT make it into the final competition?

2. I know studio bumpers aren't allowed, but I wanted to dedicate my AMV. If I have a dedication prior to the AMV starting, is this considered a "bumper" and not allowed?

Thanks in advance!! ^^

Schala,

Sorry I didn't get back to you till now.

1. The policy has been we don't allow submissions of videos that already have been submitted to OTAKON in previous years.

2. Submit it as is, if we have an issue with it, we will contact you and/or ask you to remove the dedication.

Edited by chaeseco
  • 3 weeks later...

About how long does it take to get a confirmation that an AMV was received/tested? This was my first time doing FTP, and I'm scared it might not have gone through. >.< I sent it like 2 weeks ago. :/

About how long does it take to get a confirmation that an AMV was received/tested? This was my first time doing FTP, and I'm scared it might not have gone through. >.< I sent it like 2 weeks ago. :/

I will find out where your upload sits in the queue. Let me get back to you.

Thanks a lot!! Sorry for being paranoid. When I was transferring it, it timed out a few times. The final time it said it was successful, but I just want to make sure, ya know? ^^0

I understand, I have been on the other side of contest before. =) ...info should be coming your way, one of us will contact you soon if it hasn't happened already.

I entered last year and we were told to put 1 second of black before and after the video, is this still required? I didn't see it in the rules but I wanted to check.

If you're submitting by tape, include at least 15 seconds of black leader before your video starts. If you're submitting digitally then no.

Thanks a lot!! Sorry for being paranoid. When I was transferring it, it timed out a few times. The final time it said it was successful, but I just want to make sure, ya know? ^^0

Hi there I;m kinda in the same boat as Schala I sent mine through Priority Mail back in April and I haven't received any kind of notice in my email inbox and I am I guess kinda paranoid that it didn't get to it's destination Edison, New Jersey. How long of a wait do people that put it through the mail have to wait???

Edited by Otakumadness
No one private messaged you? okay, I will make sure someone does. Thanks for letting me know.
I mailed my entry Friday and I just wanted to make sure I understood the process, should I recieve an email when it arrives?

You should receive and email as soon as Vic has retrieved and checked your entry.