Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ananegg

American Anime Fan Disappears in Japan

Wow...I can't BELIEVE this...my sister goes to CCSU, she might have had classes with this girl for all I know...it's a crazy enough story, but after reading she's from my own backyard....I know it doesn't look good, but I really hope she's ok...

So....she might have gone to Japan to kill herself? >.> Well, that's.......different. But it makes sense. If she's suicidal, and is a huge anime fan, she probably wants to die someplace that she'd be "happy"? I guess. I dunno. Just speculating....

But I hope she's found alive and well soon. 21 years old is too young to die. =(

Im hoping for good news. Perhaps she just wanted a change.

I dont quite understand how like anime necessarily means you would like Japan.

So....she might have gone to Japan to kill herself? >.> Well, that's.......different. But it makes sense. If she's suicidal, and is a huge anime fan, she probably wants to die someplace that she'd be "happy"? I guess. I dunno. Just speculating....

But I hope she's found alive and well soon. 21 years old is too young to die. =(

feeding into a stereotype.....

it makes me sad to see stories like this, and it also doesn't surprise me..... :rolleyes:

Hope they find her soon...well and alive...

What ever happened with this anyway? Is she still just vanished into thin air or have they come to some resolute "this is what happened" answer?

To be honest, I'm surprised that this news did not make it to news agenicies like CNN or ABC. Would have thought that those newsies would find it newsworthy...

To be honest, I'm surprised that this news did not make it to news agenicies like CNN or ABC. Would have thought that those newsies would find it newsworthy...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=4666523

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351462,00.html

On first glance, it doesn't look like it made CNN. Her name doesn't show up in Google News.

Thanks. That was very helpful.