iMovie editing problems

I've been using iMovies for editing and it's been working really well for the most part. I've already pieced together about half a dozen different scenes from the series I'm using for my video and it's coming along great so far! The only problem is, for some reason, some of the clips aren't working. I'll select them and drag them up to the "project" window, just like I did with the working clips, and when I play the video to see if it's pieced together well, some of the clips simply won't play. It will just remain on the last clip that DID work until the video runs its course.

I gathered that most people took footage for their AMVs from DVDs they own, since downloading them online is illegal etc etc However, it was suggested to me that DVDs are copyrighted, therefore can't be pulled apart for such a thing. If THIS was the case, I'm even MORE confused because a ) most of the clips ARE working, so one would think they all worked or none of them did and b ) am I to gather that people do indeed use series they illegally downloaded to make AMVs?

I'm at a complete loss....any help would be immensely appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by SailorV

What is the file type of the clips? Are you able to play them in a media player outside of the program?

What is the file type of the clips? Are you able to play them in a media player outside of the program?

best thing to use for first time amv makers cuz of it's simplicity is "Windows Movie Maker" it is a standard program on windows. But with its simplicity comes drawbacks and that is that some program files won't work but if you have vista I think the majority of video files work. I really can't tell ya cuz I only use WMM for my noncontest videos and use Adobe Premiere for contest. I just checked it and mp4 works on vista WMM I am not sure of XP though.

I've only used Sony Vegas 6.0 to make my AMVs (though I've only made 2 lol). Maybe try going to animemusicvideos.org and asking for help on the forum? When I had issues, that's where I went, and they were very helpful. ^^

Edited by .Schala.
I've only used Sony Vegas 6.0 to make my AMVs (though I've only made 2 lol). Maybe try going to animemusicvideos.org and asking for help on the forum? When I had issues, that's where I went, and they were very helpful. ^^
  • 3 weeks later...