Death Note Movie

I happened upon that little tidbit of info thanks to a 'bleach the movie' post somewhere around the boards (if my memory hasn't failed me again, that is). I have my ticket for Wed at 7:30. The full list of theaters is available at fathomevents.com. There are two showings, both at 7:30 pm - one on Tues 5/20 and one on Wed 5/21.

The full list is here--> http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=122

Edited by ZGL
moderator edit: Added information from double-post.

Haha I just love how it's in every single state but mine. XDD....>____<

Gotta wonder what they're thinking. I mean seriously -- Hagerstown and Salisbury? Neither is a major population center. Nothing in Baltimore or DC, where there's not only large populations, but established bastions of anime fandom?

Are the other venues similarly bad choices?

The Wilmington, DE theater is a bad choice, not because of its location but the theater itself is horrible. Years ago it shared a building with a family fun center with go carts, arcades, etc. But the fun center closed, so when you went to the movies you had to walk through the empty part of the building to get to the theater. Then they boarded off the closed areas, making it look more ghetto. It's kind of weird when you have to take 3 escalators to reach the lobby from the street. Plenty of parking though.

I have no idea about the one theatre in Connecticut, it's at Buckland Hills Mall and from what I remember going there when I was a kid it's a really nice place, so I'm guessing the theatre is nice...but since I haven't even BEEN there since I was a kid, it's a little random as far as location goes...maybe Hartford or Waterbury, but the location isn't super ideal...oh well, I'm just happy they at least have it in Connecticut at all!

I have to say, I'm disappointed with the location here in the Harrisburg area. I don't want to go to Lancaster or Lititz to watch it. I'd feel safer around Chelsea, NY, but I don't want to miss work or have my son miss school because of the travel just to watch the movie.

I got my ticket to watch it but of course they have the movie at a place thats not that popular. Come on In LANCASTER!!!!

Why not harrisburg. That is the capital and it is the center of central Pa.

Oh well Im gonna watch it anyway. It is only like 45 mins away.

Its anime (okay live action) on a HUGE MOVIE SCREEN!!! I will see it on May 20!

Yep, Fathom does a lot of cool stuff. They're showing Bleach: Memories of Nobody on the 11th and 12th of June in select theatres. Tickets went on sale on the 9th, I believe. But yes, I'll have to fork over the 10 smackers to see Death Note on the big screen. Here's to hoping the english dubbing is half decent..

Oh, and as far as location goes, they're showing our screening at one of the highly-acclaimed IMAX theatres about 10 miles from where i live. Of course, not on the IMAX screen, sadly. T-T

Edited by Otaku Ru

I wish I could see it, but it is 30 miles to the closest theatre. I also work until 8 PM for my job. I hope it gets screened at Otakon or Anime Expo.

I never did like the Death Note movie...I dunno, something about it annoys me. I love Death Note, just...not the movie. I don't like the second one either. I've never seen the third one though...I'd go if they were showing the third one.
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched it on tuesday. It was okay. I like how the characters were portrayed.

The things that i didnt like

People in the Theater :They were yelling and pointing a laser beam and crap.

Camara: Was too shaky.

Voice Actors: They were okay. I dont watch the anime often so i had to get used to the voices

Thing I did like

Characters: They were done great. L's attidued was great and It was funny with the sweets. L brightened the movie.

Being in theaters: Enough Said

Scenes: The way they shortened the scence to still capture the manga was good. The directer change alot of the movie but it still got the point across was good. The directer put in

Death of Lights girlfriend and the suicide.

• 2 weeks later...
Gotta wonder what they're thinking. I mean seriously -- Hagerstown and Salisbury? Neither is a major population center. Nothing in Baltimore or DC, where there's not only large populations, but established bastions of anime fandom?

Are the other venues similarly bad choices?

Edited by Duelistbluerose
the death note movie - i thought the dubbing was good [and i am generally not a dub fan] but was kinda annoyed me was how Viz didnt translate the japanese text that would pop up throughout the film. the camera would constantly show newspaper headlines and text messeges on phones but no subtitles to tell you what their saying.

I went to go see the movie with my friend on the 21st, and she's Chinese, so she was able to translate a lot of the text for me (I was so proud <3).

I was a little disappointed that they had to use the dub voices, considering I'm especially not fond of Light's (Though L and Ryuuk were actually quite decent, at least), but it was pretty easy to get used to. My thearter wasn't too loud, except for the L fangirls that would squeal when he came on and such, but even that was entertaining. I'd never seen the movie before, but I was impressed with Ryuuk's graphics. He ended up looking so realistic, in a sense, that one could really imagine him there. Light's expressions were well done and such... but I just felt he could have looked more the part. Didn't seem very Light-like to me, though L's actor was nearly perfect (Nearly because of L's mixed heritage).

Anyone stay to watch the behind the scenes info?

The director always wore such nicely colored sweaters~

My thearter wasn't too loud, except for the L fangirls that would squeal when he came on and such, but even that was entertaining. I'd never seen the movie before, but I was impressed with Ryuuk's graphics. He ended up looking so realistic, in a sense, that one could really imagine him there. Light's expressions were well done and such... but I just felt he could have looked more the part. Didn't seem very Light-like to me, though L's actor was nearly perfect (Nearly because of L's mixed heritage).