Doctor Who 2008

I've spotted some Doctor Who cosplayers at Otakon in past years. This year, myself and several friends will be doing cosplays of the 10th, 9th, and 4th Doctors, as well as Torchwood's Capt. Jack Harkness. Will any other Who fans be appearing at Otakon '08? We'd love to meet up!

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to recall another thread mentioning some Doctor Who cosplayers. I'm always happy to see them anywhere, but somewhat confused about people who cosplay stuff that isn't remotely related to Asian culture (or at least video games!) at Otakon.

There were some good costumes at Gallifrey, the Doctor Who convention, earlier this year. I was most amused by Cassandra, with her attendants.

My friends might bust out their The Idiot's Lantern Rose and Tooth and Claw Ten, but they might also have aces up their respective sleeves.

I can't believe she's got a 10-year-old kid....but then she was 20 years ago, after all....

I seem to recall another thread mentioning some Doctor Who cosplayers. I'm always happy to see them anywhere, but somewhat confused about people who cosplay stuff that isn't remotely related to Asian culture (or at least video games!) at Otakon.

There were some good costumes at Gallifrey, the Doctor Who convention, earlier this year. I was most amused by Cassandra, with her attendants.

my twin and I are bringing our Gwen Cooper (okay so its torchwood, at least its related XD ) and Sybelline priestess (Fires of Pompeii) costumes. Two of our friends may be coming as Rose and Ten as well, though I'm not 100% sure on them.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to meet up with you guys! I'm going as the first Romana-Mary Tamm, not Lala Ward-in the 'Androids of Tara' outfit. There will definitely be some great photo-ops.

In answer to whoever asked why we cosplay something that isn't asian? Because we can. I hadn't heard of that Doctor who convention, or it would have been nice to visit with my char. So sometimes anime cons are the only chance I get! I was a dalmation last year because my kimono did not arrive on time, but I still had a blast and no one gave me a hard time. Otaku are nice like that. I even got hugged by a chibi ^_^

If enough come, have a meet up so I can take your pics and fangirl a bit.

We actually have a photoshoot scheduled for 12:00 (noon) on Friday at the Charles Street Lobby at the Fountains.

Come by and take some pics! Hope to see you all there!

I'll be there as the 10th doctor, probably on Thursday night badge pickup and Friday. You'll see me waving people thru the lines with my sonic screwdriver on pre-reg pickup thursday.

Just a heads up... many people at the con don't get there till later afternoon say.. after 1-2pm friday, if they don't come on thursday... so noon not quite the best time...

Man the Season Finale was interesting...

Edited by Ichigogami

So, Friday it is for a Photoshoot? Where and when. I'll be bringing an Inflatible Tardis, its about 3 ft tall.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my inflatable Tardis in the mail, blew it up and it stands about 3-4 ft tall. Im pretty sure you guys cant miss it at con, I should have it on Thursday night pre-reg pick up and Friday for the photoshoot.

If you are cosplaying as any Doctor Who characters, please stop by the Whooligans table (P-12) in the Artist's alley, because we would love to take your pictures. (We're also going to be selling a bunch of Doctor Who fan stuff, including a convention only doujinshi).

If only we didn't have to set up while the photoshoot was going on....

I'll bring down the Tardis to the Alley, I'm sure it'd be a good piece to show off at the table for a little bit, while all the cosplayers are there.

If you are cosplaying as any Doctor Who characters, please stop by the Whooligans table (P-12) in the Artist's alley, because we would love to take your pictures.
If you are cosplaying as any Doctor Who characters, please stop by the Whooligans table (P-12) in the Artist's alley, because we would love to take your pictures. (We're also going to be selling a bunch of Doctor Who fan stuff, including a convention only doujinshi).

If only we didn't have to set up while the photoshoot was going on....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did anyone of you Dr. Who lovers see the merchant selling Squishables? He was the SPITTING IMAGE of David Tennant; I actually asked him for an autograph.

Yes, I saw him. I wouldn't say spitting image, but did look an awful lot like David Tennant. I even made a comment to my girlfriend to that effect; she agreed.

Edited by evilm00

Aww, i only saw a bunch of Tens... I may have seen a Four, though, but i didn't see the place in the Aleey, nor any Romanas. But it makes me glad that some people know about old school Who. ;)