Hello everyone,

Your number one host HydeCiel ^_^ asking all of you karaoke fans! Who's going, who's pumped, who's ready to sing, and what are you singing!?!!?!

I know I am! Myself with the entire karaoke staff is excited to bring you this years Otacafe! We will do our best to bring you the best Karaoke experience ever! Join us for this years Otacafe!

Plus I have some rather interesting "host clothing" to spice things up a bit ()! MAH MAH MAH MAH!

-Microphone spins-

Likes get ready to rock everyone!

ARE YOU READY? GO~!!

Edited by HydeCiel

Haha I'll definitely be there mate!

Are we going to have a cool/full 88 key keyboard this year? I know last year I asked if there were any instruments and there were electric guitars available but no keyboards except for a grand piano in the corner but it belonged to the BCC.

Edited by SoraVII

I'll be there. I love singing, and with my Ichiro from Nerima Daikon Brothers cosplay, I'll be quite fitting too.

I peaked into Otakafe last year and saw that there weren't any screens with the lyrics. Is that going to be the same deal this year. I have a hard enough time remembering lyrics in English let alone Japanese. Lemme know so I can start memorizing. :)

I peaked into Otakafe last year and saw that there weren't any screens with the lyrics. Is that going to be the same deal this year. I have a hard enough time remembering lyrics in English let alone Japanese. Lemme know so I can start memorizing. :)

I don't know if they'll have screens this year, but normally they have computer with WiFi so they can print lyrics off.

I'll be there with music and lyrics in tow. As usual I'll be singing random songs, but I'm ready. Besides I want to see these spiffy new duds our host with the most will be wearing. :)

But I do have a question: can you use a mp3 player or iPod if you provide your own music? I'm tired of lugging around cds.

Definitely Going!!!! I'm still deciding which song but it'll definitely be from Cowboy Bebop!!

"Tank" is always a good choice.

*feelz dumb* Whats the Otacafe?

Otacafe is the Otakon Karaoke room that is open all weekend, pretty much.

Are we going to have a cool/full 88 key keyboard this year? I know last year I asked if there were any instruments and there were electric guitars available but no keyboards except for a grand piano in the corner but it belonged to the BCC.

Definitely Going!!!! I'm still deciding which song but it'll definitely be from Cowboy Bebop!!

How about The Real Folk Blues or Blue?

They're both really good songs...

Otacafe is the Otakon Karaoke room that is open all weekend, pretty much.

Not sure yet, I will see what we can do because that was a complaint last year. You are free to bring your own instruments.

I peaked into Otakafe last year and saw that there weren't any screens with the lyrics. Is that going to be the same deal this year. I have a hard enough time remembering lyrics in English let alone Japanese. Lemme know so I can start memorizing. -_-

I stopped in the cafe a couple of times during the weekend to chill out. I must say there was some pretty good talent. One of the times I was in there I saw someone performing on stage while their soul reaper background singers/dancers were on the side cheering on. That was good entertainment I will most definitely stop in again. not too sure if I will sing but very interesting to watch.

Last yr i didnt go to the Otacafe. I really did want to go. Now I know they have karaoke so Im definetly going.

I love to sing but cant, so expect me and you may want to bring ear protection.

So yea IM PUMPED!!!!!

I'll be there. I love singing, and with my Ichiro from Nerima Daikon Brothers cosplay, I'll be quite fitting too.

So what is everyone going to sing?

I am excited about hosting and having fun with everyone!

I will be singing a few of the Gundam 00 themes. L'arc en Ciel - Daybreak's Bell, Friends by Stephanie, Ash like snow by The Brilliant Green. No I am

As well as my usual picks L'arc en ciel songs, Gackt songs, and a few new ones I can't remember at the moment =P.

Gundam 00 is the best series ever XD really got me back into anime!

P.S. I am the Karaoke Cooridnator for Anime USA 2008. So try and make it to AUSA and visit me -wink-.

APRES MIDI and Brise - Malice Mizer

Kiss-kuchizuke, Coming Closer, and Dive into Blue - L`arc~en~Ciel

Hajimari no Kaze - Ayaka Hirahara

Scramble - Horie Yui and Unscandal

I'll, Ain't Afraid to Die, Akura no Oka - Dir en Gray

Suteki Na Shiwase - THE STAND UP

--- and a few others...maybe...I think.

I am hopefully going but you know when you're about to do something and someone calls and stops you every time? XD That happened to me every single year I ever tried to go up and I've always had to cancel my otaoke time ;_: BUT THIS YEAR! *raises fist*

I'm quite shy with the singing in public, but i've a few songs I'd like to do (in character, nonetheless XD) but hopefully it won't be like last year where i waited with a friend for 3 hours and they weren't even close to getting her up there (and she never did get a chance to sing T_T)

Song Choices:

Akeboshi - Naruto - Wind

Asian Kung-fu Generation - Naruto - Fighting Dreamers

Shiki no Uta - Samurai Champloo (Really looking forward to this one, lol.)

If I get the courage, I'd like to sing Diva's Song from Blood Plus.

I'm also going to try Rise from GITS.

Edited by QueenToast

I want to hear it. I love that song.

I want to hear it. I love that song.

Which one? :)

I've never fully been to Otacafe but I am this year after seeing a couple Otaku really rock the mic. Some of you guys and gals were really great (not to say the rest of you weren't or anything. Everyone was pretty awesome!) XD. I don't know if I'll be singing any songs but I'll most likely be cheering people on!

Also, I had two questions. I know this is karaoke but is it primarily just J-Pop/Rock/Otaku songs that must be sung? Or can you pick English versions of songs sung by J-Pop/Rock artists. Like BoA (I know she's Korean ;) ) Every Heart in English or the English version of Fukai Mori by Do As Infinity.

Or what if you're really, really, bad at Japanese can you bring some state-side top 20 hits? ;)

Also, I had two questions. I know this is karaoke but is it primarily just J-Pop/Rock/Otaku songs that must be sung? Or can you pick English versions of songs sung by J-Pop/Rock artists. Like BoA (I know she's Korean ;) ) Every Heart in English or the English version of Fukai Mori by Do As Infinity.

Is there a karaoke track around of Itsumo Nando Demo from Spirited Away? (or someone that can play its piano accompaniment? lol)

I have a classical voice so that'd be an easy choice for me... if not, I can try to work it up accompanying myself, or I may go with Washuu no Komori Uta. ;)

Also - how many people can perform at once? Are there any limitations? I have a group of friends that I'd love to perform Pearls from Cowboy Bebop with next year as an ensemble. Not this year because they won't be around (and we wouldn't be ready anyway! o_o) and I'm not even sure if two of them are too keen on going to a convention - the other two, definitely. XD

Let me know so that I can start convincing them early... >_>

Is there a karaoke track around of Itsumo Nando Demo from Spirited Away? (or someone that can play its piano accompaniment? lol)

I have a classical voice so that'd be an easy choice for me... if not, I can try to work it up accompanying myself, or I may go with Washuu no Komori Uta. ;)

Drat. I thought it was song requests, since people were mentioning that it would be good to have some Korean, etc. I was going to request Voltes V (opening and ending themes), Daimos (opening and ending themes), Kotetsu Jeeg. Maybe some Age Age Every Night with dance, or even the original version, Run to You. Or anyone know Unforgettable Memory by Seo Taiji and the boys?

I'm a hardcore Otacafe fan. I probably spend about 1/3 of the con in there. It's relaxing and fun.

I will probably sing more, but my ideas are:

Vanilla - Gackt

some song by IOSYS

Zessei Bijin - Ai Nonaka

SUPER SHOOTER - Rip Slyme

Attitude - Crystal Kay

various IDOLM@STER things

Okkusenman

GONG - Jam Project (!!!!!!)

Hitoshita Jiku Ga Bureteiru - Ken Ohtsuki (it will be fail, but tooooo bad~)

I'm armed with all of these songs, most of which have a karaoke version. And if not, I'll do something about that...

Edited by 4chanpartyvan

I would love to, 'cause I'm a singer and all, but I think I'd be really nervous! What's it like exactly? I mean, I know what karaoke is like, but I mean, the atmosphere and the setting and stuffs ^_^

where can I find the rules and sign up?

I want to sing a korean song but I'm not sure if it's allowed. x:

Edited by ZGL
Moderator edit: Added information from double post.

I along with a few other people have asked about using mp3 players or iPODs to provide their music. Are we allowed to do so?? I never noticed if folks used them in prior years and I see nothing about it on the main website....so, a little help please?

I along with a few other people have asked about using mp3 players or iPODs to provide their music. Are we allowed to do so?? I never noticed if folks used them in prior years and I see nothing about it on the main website....so, a little help please?

How big is the stage for Otacafe? Me and friends want to perform some songs with our own instruments that we're bringing and we'll have some equipment...wondering if there would be enough room. Anyone have a pic or can give me the dimensions of the room/stage? Thanks!

Hi everybody! ok, i feel really dumb for having to do this, considering i've been going to otakon for the past 4 years, but i only stopped in the cafe once.

so......... my questions are:

can we sing any song we want, so long as it's japanese or related to anime?

does it have to be on CD or IPOD?

does the song have to be a karaoke version or can it just be normal?

thanks! >.<

How big is the stage for Otacafe? Me and friends want to perform some songs with our own instruments that we're bringing and we'll have some equipment...wondering if there would be enough room. Anyone have a pic or can give me the dimensions of the room/stage? Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.