So now, this is gonna be my 5th yearat Otakon and I've never been tot he Otacafe!

So about Karaoke (my friend and I totally wanna do this!) ... do you need to sign up? I didn't see anything about it in this thread (maybe I missed it...) but I wondered if this is something you need to schedule in advance...

So now, this is gonna be my 5th yearat Otakon and I've never been tot he Otacafe!

So about Karaoke (my friend and I totally wanna do this!) ... do you need to sign up? I didn't see anything about it in this thread (maybe I missed it...) but I wondered if this is something you need to schedule in advance...

Hello everyone,

Your number one host HydeCiel ^_^ asking all of you karaoke fans! Who's going, who's pumped, who's ready to sing, and what are you singing!?!!?!

I know I am! Myself with the entire karaoke staff is excited to bring you this years Otacafe! We will do our best to bring you the best Karaoke experience ever! Join us for this years Otacafe!

Plus I have some rather interesting "host clothing" to spice things up a bit ()! MAH MAH MAH MAH!

-Microphone spins-

Likes get ready to rock everyone!

ARE YOU READY? GO~!!

Hey. Do you guys have Diva (instrumental version) from Blood+ or do I need to find a copy and bring it?

I got one, I can tell you were i got my from

Is there a time linit on how long the song can be?

(My friend and I want to attempt the Nico Nico Douga Medley).

I was also thinking of doing Seishun Amigo by Shuji to Akira, Peach by Ai Otsuka, and maybe a song from the Prince of Tennis musicals (maybe "You Are the Prince of Tennis" or "Koori no Emperor")

I would love to do an X-Japan song...maybe "Longing" (although its rather...well long at over 7 minutes O.o) Then again, there's alot of long X-Japan songs :D or I'd do something like "Ai no Senshi" from Sailor Moon.

I'm just not sure if I'd want to stand up there by myself (haven't sang in public in a very long time :)), since my friends have said that they wouldn't come up with me. So, if you need a singing partner and I know the song...I'll go up with you ^^

I've been practicing BoA "Every Heart" and "Real Folk Blues" :)

This is only my second Otakon and I didn't get to Otacafe last year so I really hope I'll get a chance *and the courage* to sing this year!

I will sing... DANGO DIAKAZOKU!!!

(rocks from side to side)

Dango, Dango, Dango, Dango, Dango Diakazoku.... lol (giggles)

I was also thinking of doing Seishun Amigo by Shuji to Akira, Peach by Ai Otsuka, and maybe a song from the Prince of Tennis musicals (maybe "You Are the Prince of Tennis" or "Koori no Emperor")

There is a time limit. If I am not mistaken it is about 5 minutes. Check with us at the convention, our director might have made some changes.

Mike aka Hyde

So we can sing English versions of the songs yes?

...um...any chance you have Shizukana Yoru Ni/This Quiet Night in English? The slower version that Lacus Sings? I sound like Lacus so I'd loveee to give it a try if nobody minds and ya'll have it...

Congratulations to everyone who sang at Otacafe 2008 Karaoke!! I hope had a wonderful time! I know I did.

The convention had it's ups and downs for me.

UPS:

Getting to watch everyone sing and have a good time!

Loved being everyones host and rooting everyone on.

Cosplaying as an alligator and singing I am a Pioneer and Talent for love from Tenchi Muyo.

Singing Gackt Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto.

Downs:

Decided to take a break with my girl friend. =[, honestly it is a mixed feeling. Of relief and sadiness.

I hope I did a good job and everyone had a great time!

See ya next year!

Hyde aka Mike

Otacafe was awesome =D! I especially had fun gophering at it. I learned a lot and it was cool to hear all the amazing talent that was at the con. I'm happy I got to sing "Plenty of Grit" from Slayers Revolution (go watch it...NOW lol) and I'm glad those of us who got up to sing had a blast. And those of you who came to watch, thanks for watching!! Now I'm sad I can't do karaoke until another con =(.

I went but i was too scared to go up there. Id think i would forget the words or somethin. But I only went there once unfortunutly. I liked the atmospere there. I hope to get more courage for next yr. I have a yr to practice!

I had a TON of fun at karaoke. I sang "Never Die" by Okui Masami and "Emotion" from Gundam SEED Destiny. I also was the blue-haired lolita that danced to seobon's Hatsune Miku song during Band Night. (Any videos of any of those by any chance? 8D)

I'm glad everyone that sang had fun~

I had a TON of fun at karaoke. I sang "Never Die" by Okui Masami and "Emotion" from Gundam SEED Destiny. I also was the blue-haired lolita that danced to seobon's Hatsune Miku song during Band Night. (Any videos of any of those by any chance? 8D)

Hey I remember you... Never Die is <3

I'm the guy who did SKILL twice on Saturday night. >_>

Edited by KitsuneSqueak
Hopefully I didn't kill your ears with that. D: I had a hard time picking a Makkun song to sing...but I decided to settle for Never Die in the end because...well...it's love. Then again, Makkun is love....

And I totally remember SKILL. XD MOTTO MOTTO!! I can never resist the urge to sing along when that song comes on. D: *loldork*

Otacafe was so much fun!

(Thank you for letting us sing all 11 minutes of the niconico douga!)

i went to the otacafe but i was disappointed by the lack of selection. i'm really into j-pop/hip hop rather than just anime themes.. and i asked if i could use my ipod and the staff said no ;)

i thought i had heard that they were cool about doing that?

and also, both times i went they said they were done taking songs for the day (it was a few hours before the convention center closed), but the room looked empty. oh well :)

i went to the otacafe but i was disappointed by the lack of selection. i'm really into j-pop/hip hop rather than just anime themes.. and i asked if i could use my ipod and the staff said no :(

i thought i had heard that they were cool about doing that?

and also, both times i went they said they were done taking songs for the day (it was a few hours before the convention center closed), but the room looked empty. oh well :(

Otacafe was so much fun!

(Thank you for letting us sing all 11 minutes of the niconico douga!)

You two really made my day (and my friend's it seems). Thank you so much for doing the song!

And thanks to the guys at the otacafe for letting them...

• 4 weeks later...

Diana's performance of "Musouka" and "Crystal Energy" are up:

Musouka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMAgx6B7uw

Crystal Energy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MTe-uXa1Vg

Here's animejpop's footage of it:

Musouka: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKcq5h1zy_E

Crystal Energy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvQ6cZ95kzk

Yes, we screwed up. It happens when there's zero time to rehearse. It was still fun though!

Hey quick question for future reference, I know some people had ipods that they used to sync up with the laptops to play the music, are zunes and other mp3 players usable as well?

• 1 month later...

I found this thread only recently, otherwise I would've posted earlier xD

I sang 4 times, I think? "Yume no Tsubasa" from Tsubasa, "Sen no Kotoba" from Final Fantasy X, "Synchronicity" from Tsubasa, and "God Knows..." from Haruhi Suzumiya. I was cosplaying as Summoner Yuna =3 Anyone happen to get any videos?

I found this thread only recently, otherwise I would've posted earlier xD

I sang 4 times, I think? "Yume no Tsubasa" from Tsubasa, "Sen no Kotoba" from Final Fantasy X, "Synchronicity" from Tsubasa, and "God Knows..." from Haruhi Suzumiya. I was cosplaying as Summoner Yuna =3 Anyone happen to get any videos?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.