Any Lolita's going to Otakon 08?

Hi there !

Otakon 2008 is coming up really fast, as you may know !

Now it's time to try and set up something for the lolitas attending Otakon to do.

Basically, there already has been a teaparty set up, but there is a giant waiting list. So rather then try and get to go to that, I wanted to try and set up a meet up. I'd love to have a giant lolita group walk around Otakon together. Hang out in the dealers room? a photo shoot, one outside and one inside?

please any ideas that haven't been mentioned please go ahead and suggest !

If you are on egl, please tell me your screen-name on there. Mine is ongaku_chan.

hope to see you there !

:)

Hi there !

Otakon 2008 is coming up really fast, as you may know !

Now it's time to try and set up something for the lolitas attending Otakon to do.

Basically, there already has been a teaparty set up, but there is a giant waiting list. So rather then try and get to go to that, I wanted to try and set up a meet up. I'd love to have a giant lolita group walk around Otakon together. Hang out in the dealers room? a photo shoot, one outside and one inside?

please any ideas that haven't been mentioned please go ahead and suggest !

If you are on egl, please tell me your screen-name on there. Mine is ongaku_chan.

hope to see you there !

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be there if my outfit gets here in time. I'm really starting to think it won't make it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My friends and I will be dressing in a lolita style fashion on Friday. Two of us will be more of the AGL/Ouji-sama style and the other will be lolita. I don't have a screen name on that site but I do have a lj, which is jeune_fille06. Just let me know when and where you'd want to meet up. :D

[snip] Two of us will be more of the AGL/Ouji-sama style and the other will be lolita. [/snip]

AGL? I don't think I know that term.

I may have mistyped that, its the Aristocratic type of Gothic Lolita. Think along the lines of a Prince (Ouji-sama) type style.

[snip] Two of us will be more of the AGL/Ouji-sama style and the other will be lolita. [/snip]

AGL? I don't think I know that term.

I may have mistyped that, its the Aristocratic type of Gothic Lolita. Think along the lines of a Prince (Ouji-sama) type style.

I meant to type...EGA....>_< Gomen!

I meant to type...EGA....>_< Gomen!

Ah, gotcha. I was just wondering if there was some subtype I didn't know about. Even though I've been following the fashion for about five years now, I don't know as much as a lot of the other lolitas out there!

I've read it written different ways...and my brain isn't functioning properly lately. My friend and I are moding an old EGL outfit that I wore at Otakon 2005 and 2006...so I'm a bit scatterbrained. Sorry! ^_^

Edited by JeuneFille
I've read it written different ways...and my brain isn't functioning properly lately. My friend and I are moding an old EGL outfit that I wore at Otakon 2005 and 2006...so I'm a bit scatterbrained. Sorry! ^_^

You guys are modding Moitie?! So brave!

Good gods no! Its just something that I made like two years ago...I would *never* mod something like that. Besides...I'm not that skinny...I don't think Mana-sama makes my size in Japanese clothing lol.

Good gods no! Its just something that I made like two years ago...I would *never* mod something like that. Besides...I'm not that skinny...I don't think Mana-sama makes my size in Japanese clothing lol.

Ah, I was confused by the "EGL" part, since that really only refers to his line (or the Western lolita community, and since you can't wear a LiveJournal...).

You would be quite surprised by the sizes the brand dresses come in, I think. There are many that will stretch up to 44", and some that will go even further! Never write off the possibility of owning a brand outfit! Not to say that off-brand and homemade are in any way bad--most of my pieces are off-brand and/or homemade--but between the summer sales and the luckypacks and the newer large sizes being offered, it's becoming much easier to find something that you'll love in any size you may need!

If you'd like some tips and/or tricks from other lolis or just to meet a large number of people with an interest in all things frilly, you ought to check out the livejournal community (community.livejournal.com/egl). There are usually convention meetup plans posted there, as well as outfit advice, photo critique, and active discussion on exciting new ideas that rejuvenate the fashion. Plus, joining the sister community (community.livejournal.com/egl_comm_sales) is a great way to find that perfect dress, blouse, headdress, or shoe to finish off your outfit, sometimes for as much as half the original price (which is impressive--and mildly depressing if you're broke--when you stumble across your dream IW dress--originally $200+shopping service commission+shipping fees--for $160 shipped. Not that I know from personal experience or anything ;_^_^. Anyway, many of the ladies at EGL are among the most intelligent and highly-informed followers of Japanese fashion in the Western community, so if you have any questions about the fashion, that's the place to go!

I wonder if mine will be concitered EGL at first glance

it has pants but will have the head peice and as much lace as I can locate in the next 7 days

i'd be intrested in hangin out and/or taking some pics

I wonder if mine will be concitered EGL at first glance

it has pants but will have the head peice and as much lace as I can locate in the next 7 days

i'd be intrested in hangin out and/or taking some pics

I'm...gonna pull a Tim Gunn here: This worries me. Make it work!

(Pants? Just don't make it a race monster; remember: QUALITY, not quantity!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.