How will I know if my AMV was received?

Okay so like...here's what happened.

I submitted an AMV at 12:45 AM on June 8th 2008.

Now according to the contest rules, the video must be "uploaded by 1 AM EST".

So essentially, I did make the deadline.

But something that worries me is that further in the rules it states that "your video will be tested and viewed".

I still haven't gotten the confirmation email saying that my video has been viewed.

Does anybody know how I can confirm if my video has been accepted or not?

[it's been like, 2 days since the deadline and I'm worried that my video has been rejected]

Vic is currently buried under a pile of submissions. As such, he has not yet had time to personally respond to each one. Keep an eye on the Otakon thread over at the forum @ animemusicvideos.org

I believe that a new thread may be created when the finalists are decided upon, but I really can't say for sure. This is my first time submitting to a contest. My guess is that most people won't be notified for quite a while still, as of yet.

I'd say as long as you got the automated response e-mail when you filled out the online form, and your video was uploaded successfully, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Does anybody know how I can confirm if my video has been accepted or not?

[it's been like, 2 days since the deadline and I'm worried that my video has been rejected]

I wouldn't worry about it right now - in my experience, it can take a week or two for them to sort through everything.

Okay so let address this, so I don't have to keep answering this question again and again..

If you uploaded or mailed your entry before the deadline, you video was "submitted" assuming you filled out the form. If we can't play back the video or encode it, Vic will contact you. So everyone stop worrying.

We got over 100 videos... once Vic has tested and encoded your video he will contact you. Keep in mind we have over 100+ videos to deal with and each one will take time. If you haven't heard from us already, you will within the next 2 weeks or so. The first pre-screening isn't happening until early July. So all videos should be processed and addressed by then.

I hope this puts some of your concerns at rest.