More Bad news about Eating. Suggest other places in the area to eat

Zabi-Zabi, the cheap but good Habachi in Harbor Place is gone. Time to toss out your discount cards.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people are up for a bit of walking, there's some great food options outside of the Inner Harbor area. Usually Otakon has them listed somewehere on the website/program guide. Personaly, I go to Cross Street Market (which is a few blocks away, but it isn't too bad) every Saturday for sushi/seafood, and the food is amazing. They also have other food, such as a hibachi grill, a few deli's, ect.

Plus it will most likely be less crowded at the markets around town then the Inner Harbor malls.

What about that burrito place, it was decent and fairly cheap?

I really did enjoy Zabi Zabi. I would always go there and take my food back to the comforts of my hotel room, and just enjoy myself there. Shame it closed up, the best month of business for them was probably the month of Otakon.

Hey though, is the pizza place across from them still there? Or is the Salad Works in the gallery mall still there too?

Actually, last year they had somebody outside the Pratt entrance handing buy one get one free burrito coupons. If you're with a friend, that's great.

Zabi-Zabi, the cheap but good Habachi in Harbor Place is gone. Time to toss out your discount cards.

Does that mean that Easy Wok is gone as well? I seem to remember the two of them being connected, although I'm not sure if they were run by the same people. If so that sucks majorly since they were the only places I would eat at during con.

Yeah, they are gone too.

so are there any good places to eat for the random vegetarian?

CalTort comes to mind. It's close, quick, and cheap.

Edited by Confero
Question, does Wawa extend down to Baltimore? Or anywhere near Baltimore?
I really did enjoy Zabi Zabi. I would always go there and take my food back to the comforts of my hotel room, and just enjoy myself there. Shame it closed up, the best month of business for them was probably the month of Otakon.

Hey though, is the pizza place across from them still there? Or is the Salad Works in the gallery mall still there too?

I find it odd that a lot of the food places are disappearing from the general area, is there some sort of business decline?

Or are all the food places starting to pop up more around the stadiums rather than the inner harbor and the convention center area?

A lot of new places have opened, and a lot of old places have gone. It happens from time to time.

Harbor Place has been "dead" quite a few times, it's the inner harbor tourists taste change, so does everything else.

BTW Chipotle is right by Hard Rock cafe, get a Veggie Burrito.

I find it odd that a lot of the food places are disappearing from the general area, is there some sort of business decline?
Edited by MissV

A lot of places (not just in Baltimore) are suffering from a lack of tourism since the economy is uhh, not good right now.

There was a sign announcing some new place to replace Zabi Zabi, but I forgot what it was.

I would think that the inner harbor doesn't get much business during the winter months. that could be a factor in some smaller businesses not lasting very long. do con-goers/cosplayers walk as far as Whole Foods and Chipotle? Didn't know that.....

I don't believe it was around last year, though it's possible it was, but I definitely plan on eating at the Panera Bread this year. It's right across the street from the Barnes and Noble and Hard Rock and of course their food is absolutely delicious. :)

When I was at Baltimore in Otakon 2007 I went to the McDonald's near the mall convention center for a chicken strip lunch. Sadly when I came back to Baltimore for a day trip a few weeks ago, I visited that same place and I found out that the location been closed permanently.

Any other McDonald's near the Convention center? There a sign listing other locations which I took a photo of, but I don't have time to upload it now.

I don't believe it was around last year, though it's possible it was, but I definitely plan on eating at the Panera Bread this year. It's right across the street from the Barnes and Noble and Hard Rock and of course their food is absolutely delicious. :)
When I was at Baltimore in Otakon 2007 I went to the McDonald's near the mall convention center for a chicken strip lunch. Sadly when I came back to Baltimore for a day trip a few weeks ago, I visited that same place and I found out that the location been closed permanently.

Any other McDonald's near the Convention center? There a sign listing other locations which I took a photo of, but I don't have time to upload it now.

::nom nom nom nom nom nom nom:: on a quarter pounder

seriously dude, stop shoving your views of food other people. we are going to eat at mcdonalds, with or without your approval.

now if i remember right, there was a mcdonalds near the sheraton and a BK like two blocks from it?

Edited by evaunit01berserk
You really should eat something good for your body. None of those cute otaku cosplayers want some greasy big boi!

This doesn't much seem to be about the original content of the post.

Though I respect your choice to be vegetarian, I'd rather you not insult other peoples food choices or more specifically their sizes.

You really should eat something good for your body. None of those cute otaku cosplayers want some greasy big boi!

This doesn't much seem to be about the original content of the post.

Though I respect your choice to be vegetarian, I'd rather you not insult other peoples food choices or more specifically their sizes.

~Topic please (finding places to eat in the area aside from Zabi Zabi since that is what it looks like the topic has become. if you wish to discuss healthy eating habits, please move it to General chit chat)
Now I wish there happened to be a kosher place nearby, something like Kosher Bite, so that one does not have to go to Pikesville if one wants to eat kosher food. Maybe just order from Noah's Ark in NY and they will ship it to the hotel (for those who try to keep kosher, Noah's Ark has very good food. It was recommended by the kosher caterer here in Harrisburg if one had to travel) or take some La Briute (sp?) meals with you. (That's the bad news in eating for me -- have to go to Pikesville if one wants kosher food [nice kosher restaurants and Seven Mile Market. They also have kosher sushi in the fish section.])

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.