More Bad news about Eating. Suggest other places in the area to eat

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's heading over near Barnes and Noble/Hard Rock Cafe/Chipotle, there's a new Potbelly Sandwich Works over there, too. They have the tastiest sandwiches and really awesome cookies.

And I'm not jus' sayin' that because I used to work at one in DC. :<

Also, if you're willing to go on a sandwich adventure on Friday, there's a place called Rosina's in rear the 300 East Lombard Street building (the one with Randstad in it) on the corner of South and Lombard. Easily the tastiest sandwiches ever, and worth the walk (and price). I would kill for one of their caprese sandwiches right now.

Zabi-Zabi, the cheap but good Habachi in Harbor Place is gone. Time to toss out your discount cards.

Does that mean that Easy Wok is gone as well? I seem to remember the two of them being connected, although I'm not sure if they were run by the same people. If so that sucks majorly since they were the only places I would eat at during con.

amen im fat and i dont eat meat. i love a da rice to much.(im really not fat im fluffy) any way back to the topic at hand are there any good bakery's? i would love to get some fresh bread on saturday ( i mean other then panera bread)

*points out he makes awesome guac and steak.

*Realizes he won't be at chipotle to make since he'll be on vaction.

*Wonders how his topic got so off topic....

If anyone's heading over near Barnes and Noble/Hard Rock Cafe/Chipotle, there's a new Potbelly Sandwich Works over there, too. They have the tastiest sandwiches and really awesome cookies.

Also, if you're willing to go on a sandwich adventure on Friday, there's a place called Rosina's in rear the 300 East Lombard Street building (the one with Randstad in it) on the corner of South and Lombard. Easily the tastiest sandwiches ever, and worth the walk (and price). I would kill for one of their caprese sandwiches right now.

Potbelly is cheap and very good, and more importantly, they have MILKSHAKES. :)

I didn't even want to eat at McDonald's before I became a vegetarian. The sensation of foul, putrid sewage just seems to permeate the atmosphere, no matter how often they mop the place.

Anyway, when I'm looking for some nom in Bmore I've never had a problem finding a good deal. Whole Foods has great premade sandwiches and platters of sushi, and the Harborplace Chipotle gave me free food when I was a long walk from the ATM just for asking :D

"Snip."

Potbelly is cheap and very good, and more importantly, they have MILKSHAKES. :D

don't forget those little cookies on top, they are so awesome.

I hit Potbelly once. Not very remarkable to me, but it's fast, effective, and cheap. Then again, Chipotle is next door, and that's all your food groups right there.

Wow.... This is really sad, I guess a big part of it was that they got most of their business from us congoers, and that was once a year... hmm... *J/k* but man, they were a great place to go get inexpensive sushi, that's really disheartening...Thanks MC for the correction in the other forum, gah, need to check around a bit before making myself look like a huge ditz....

Even though this is very light (eating wise), I could not believe but Baltimore's Inner Harbor has a Rita's Water-ice shop. Didn't know Ritas extended that far down, I'll be hitting that place up a lot during the con.

Edited by Eddie 2

Okay, I'm going to give away my fav place for Asian delights and one of fells Points Best kept secrets.....

Asahi Sushi on Broadway.

Fells Point is about a 20 minute walk from BCC. of, for $1.60 you can take the # 11 bus up Fleet street and get off on the corner of Fleet and Broadway. Asahi is right across the street.

EVERYTHING they make is handmade---even the shumai and Gyoza. They even make Koren food that is to DIE for (i love to nom on some bibimbop)

For those over 21, it's BYOB.

Even though this is very light (eating wise), I could not believe but Baltimore's Inner Harbor has a Rita's Water-ice shop. Didn't know Ritas extended that far down, I'll be hitting that place up a lot during the con.

This is something me and some friends who went with me last year and are coming this year were trying to remember.

There was a quick-trip Chinese diner, for lack of a better word, which had people handing out ads/menus in the streets around the BCC last year. It was a couple streets over, toward the former Wyndham/current Sheraton Lord Baltimore, on one of the streets parallel to the convention center. It definitely was not much of a place to eat, since it seems to cater mostly to take-out customers, but it did have some tables and chairs for the people who wanted to eat in-store. We have been trying to remember the name and location of the place, but it appears everyone in my party tossed their copies of the menu. Anyone remember the diner's name, and if it is still there?

Thanks,

C.T.

Potbelly is cheap and very good, and more importantly, they have MILKSHAKES. :P

There is a 7-Eleven on Howard Street near the Holiday Inn hotel which I've been to multiple times at Otakon 2007, there is a new supermarket that's right near the Baltimore Convention Center, Super Fresh which is located on Charles Street. Both are within quick walking distance from the convention center. Also, this year, the Baltimore Orioles has a game all three days at Camden Yards so there will be food vendors out and about.

Nom nom. Milkshakes.

Wait. I can get a boysenberry MALT? Can I just hire someone to go over there and get me one every two hours or something? *laugh*

Damn. Now I'm gonna have to find people to make friends with, just so I'll have someone to go find this place with me. Thanks. >.<

Actually, last year they had somebody outside the Pratt entrance handing buy one get one free burrito coupons. If you're with a friend, that's great.

Wow I missed that! It would have been nice to get at least a $1 dollar off I think I spent about 15 bucks in there.

I'll have a pocket full of Burrito bucks that may or may not be dispersed.

Nom nom. Milkshakes.

Wait. I can get a boysenberry MALT? Can I just hire someone to go over there and get me one every two hours or something? *laugh*

Damn. Now I'm gonna have to find people to make friends with, just so I'll have someone to go find this place with me. Thanks. >.<

MMmmm, good milkshakes... I must find this place as well. I may be willing to bring a few Staffers back some shakes... I'll make sure to pop in Spec Ops & ask before I go k?

Oh & you all are giving me some great food ideas, I just might eat more this year than normal, which would be a good thing... :D

There is a 7-Eleven on Howard Street near the Holiday Inn hotel which I've been to multiple times at Otakon 2007, there is a new supermarket that's right near the Baltimore Convention Center,
Nom nom. Milkshakes.

MMmmm, good milkshakes... I must find this place as well. I may be willing to bring a few Staffers back some shakes... I'll make sure to pop in Spec Ops & ask before I go k?

Oh & you all are giving me some great food ideas, I just might eat more this year than normal, which would be a good thing... :D

Question, does Wawa extend down to Baltimore? Or anywhere near Baltimore?

The closest Wawa is about 5 miles away

4017 N. Point Blvd

Baltimore, MD 21224

(410) 388-1890

Wawa Gas: Yes

Open 24 hrs: Yes

5.3 miles away

Anyone know if the Ruth's Chris there is any good? I realize it's probably not relevant for most people reading this thread but they are having a summer sale for a 3-course meal for two right now...

I heard there was a fogo de chao down at inner harbor shops. Does anyone know if it is still there? For those that don't know what it is. Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian steakhouse, basically they serve unlimited amounts of meats and have a huge salad bar usually.

I heard there was a fogo de chao down at inner harbor shops. Does anyone know if it is still there? For those that don't know what it is. Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian steakhouse, basically they serve unlimited amounts of meats and have a huge salad bar usually.

Fogo is definitely still there along with a Panera Bread, and that lovely PF Chang's China Bistro. I guess those places might work out for people who don't mind spending a little more money. Fogo is a bit on the expensive side even though its well worth the money. It's a shame Baltimore Restaurant Week ends a week before Otakon. You can't beat getting a three course meal for $30 at place where it normally costs $80 for one person.

Anyone know if the Ruth's Chris there is any good? I realize it's probably not relevant for most people reading this thread but they are having a summer sale for a 3-course meal for two right now...

They're fairly decent. Of course, it's more of an open space dining area than the Ruth's Chris here, which is a lot of booth seating and intimacy. There's a good number of rounded tables on the floor and such. The food quality is up to the Ruth's Chris standard. (And the Inner Harbor Ruth's Chris has even been on a tv show. Go fig.)

Edited by Duelistbluerose

They're fairly decent. Of course, it's more of an open space dining area than the Ruth's Chris here, which is a lot of booth seating and intimacy. There's a good number of rounded tables on the floor and such. The food quality is up to the Ruth's Chris standard. (And the Inner Harbor Ruth's Chris has even been on a tv show. Go fig.)

Also, if your hotel is out in Harbor East (looooong walk but hey) you have a completely different set of options open. Really expensive stuff in the immediate vicinity, along with Whole Foods, a sushi joint, Starbucks, Haagen Dazs, and the stuff in Little Italy or near Power Plant.

OMG ..... i didn't know Ritas was in B'more i will need to go there get some Water-ice :P i love that place

Edited by Eddie 2
There's a Five Guys on E. Pratt over by the Harborplace/Gallery? Man. You guys are gettin the good hookups for food these days.

Yeah, it's on the second floor of the Pratt Street Pavilion. If you get on the Skywalk from the Renaissance, it's the first thing on your left once you get to the Harborplace side. =D Mmm burger.

There's also places to get takeout. Almost all the hotels will give you menus so that's always an option.

If you go to the food court in the mall/shopping center on Light Street I believe, almost everything is closed around 9pm-ish.

If you know your room as a fridge, it might be cheaper to bring food like sandwhich fixings and such and go with that.

Or, if you have a microwave, I recommend bring paper plates because almost all takeout places give you foil containers and you can't nuke them, but you CAN transfer leftovers to a paper plate and heat them up.

California Pizza Kitchen is gone now too. Most likely due to the high Health Code violations they've racked up.

There is a lot going on with Harborplace at the moment. I just hope Cheesecake Factory doesn't close up. I haven't been there in at least two years.

There's a Five Guys on E. Pratt over by the Harborplace/Gallery? Man. You guys are gettin the good hookups for food these days.

Yeah, it's on the second floor of the Pratt Street Pavilion. If you get on the Skywalk from the Renaissance, it's the first thing on your left once you get to the Harborplace side. =D Mmm burger.

It stinks they closed up. I wasn't a fan of the place (I'm from New York, so I'm used to REAL pizza) but it's never good to see any place shut down.

Just as long as 5 Guys is still there so I can get a quick burger and run back to the con, then I'm fine. I'm so glad my friend introduced me to that place. I wish I could take back all the horrible Burger King and even the Johnny Rockets burgers.

I've not personally been to a restaurant in cosplay (or really ever, during the con I'm too busy with con-stuff to take the time for a sit-down meal), but I would recommend against it. Restaurants downtown are so packed with tables and people (customers, staff, etc) that a bulky or fragile cosplay doesn't really stand a chance. Beyond that caution, though, consider the type of restaurant. I most certainly would not go to a fancy steakhouse or anyplace like that dressed in a costume, but someplace more casual might not bat an eye.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.