Naruto Cosplay 2008

I noticed that there were topics for like 20 other animes, but not Naruto, and I thought wtf. I mean, everyone is always complaining about how popular Naruto is, and how many Naruto cosplayers there are at every convention, including Otakon, so, what gives?... I hope it's okay that I made this topic.

This is basically a place where you can talk about who you'll be cosplaying as this year, as well as ask for help, look for people cosplaying characters that you might want to meet up with for photoshoots or to form a group for the day or weekend, and to post about when any Naruto photoshoots and gatherings are taking place throughout the weekend. I hope that this helps everyone, because it would be really nice to get everyone together here to talk, give and get advice, and meet new friends. -_-

I personally am cosplaying as Temari in her timeskip outfit, and as Deidara(because I always do, I can't help it). My boyfriend is cosplaying as Itachi. <3

We aren't sure of what days we're doing these cosplays yet, but I think I'll be Deidara Saturday, and Temari Sunday, though who knows. If anyone would like to join us and form an Akatsuki group at any time, we're looking for peeps and that would be great, but either way, we'll see you at the group photoshoots....whenever they are.

So yeah, post away!!

Edited by Aurora Marija

That is surprising...O.o;

I will be cosplaying Konan, and possibly...POSSIBLY depending on how badly I want to be teased on the good ol' 4chan, I'll bring my Shippuuden Naruto. I'm also a panelist for the How Troublesome Naruto Fanpanel from last year, and we were approved again for this year! YAY! =D We're shooting for Friday or Saturday, but we won't know for some time yet. We had some issues at a previous con with people scheduling photoshoots conflicting with the panel, so just to get it out there, so people are aware, (and to make sure they attend >.>:). Hope to see you all there!

I noticed that there were topics for like 20 other animes, but not Naruto, and I thought wtf. I mean, everyone is always complaining about how popular Naruto is, and how many Naruto cosplayers there are at every convention, including Otakon, so, what gives?... I hope it's okay that I made this topic.

I personally am cosplaying as Temari in her timeskip outfit,

@ mikamigirl: sounds like we're wearing the same outfit then. Temari had 3 outfits, that ugly as sin original white one, the 2nd one with the purple top/white tank top over it and blue skirt, and the third one which is after the 3 year skip, which is like a kimono only a little shorter and without those crazy hanging sleeves kimonos have. I assume that since you said the black outfit, that you're doing the 3rd one, same as me. Awesome! Hopefully I'll see you there, and maybe we can get a picture, so you can show all your friends how much better you look than me as a cosplayer, lol.

@Lizzy-kun: I swear I know you from Cosplay.com, but whatever... Anyway, why would 4chan have issues with you wearing your Naruto outfit? Well, whatev... I don't think you should worry about what they say, they can be assholes, and what the hell do they know? If you're the same person I'm thinking of, they've got nothing on you, because you're one kickass cosplayer.

But yeah, I thought it was crazy that Naruto had no topic, lol. And I'm glad you're cosplaying as Konan, so at least I know that someone will be around when we wanna take full group pictures of Akatsuki. Though she is a lot more well known than when I cosplayed as her last year, I guess because she has a name and face now, lol. Anyway though, if it's okay, I'm gonna look for you, at least for pics...

And your panel sounds really awesome and I'm going to make sure I find time for it, as long as it isn't at night- because I kinda have to spend time with my bff and she hates anime, but was nice enough to offer up her place for my bf and I. But yeah, pending the time they give you, I'm so there!

@ mikamigirl: sounds like we're wearing the same outfit then. Temari had 3 outfits, that ugly as sin original white one, the 2nd one with the purple top/white tank top over it and blue skirt, and the third one which is after the 3 year skip, which is like a kimono only a little shorter and without those crazy hanging sleeves kimonos have. I assume that since you said the black outfit, that you're doing the 3rd one, same as me. Awesome! Hopefully I'll see you there, and maybe we can get a picture, so you can show all your friends how much better you look than me as a cosplayer, lol.

I'll be coming as Hinata (shippuden) on Friday, and my friend will be Sasori. I'd love to see your Deidara cosplay as our Deidara is possibly unable to go. My other friend is also going as Temari; but not shippuden however. XD Hope to see you guys!

Edited by AuburnAbstraction

@Lizzy-kun: I swear I know you from Cosplay.com, but whatever... Anyway, why would 4chan have issues with you wearing your Naruto outfit? Well, whatev... I don't think you should worry about what they say, they can be assholes, and what the hell do they know? If you're the same person I'm thinking of, they've got nothing on you, because you're one kickass cosplayer.

But yeah, I thought it was crazy that Naruto had no topic, lol. And I'm glad you're cosplaying as Konan, so at least I know that someone will be around when we wanna take full group pictures of Akatsuki. Though she is a lot more well known than when I cosplayed as her last year, I guess because she has a name and face now, lol. Anyway though, if it's okay, I'm gonna look for you, at least for pics...

And your panel sounds really awesome and I'm going to make sure I find time for it, as long as it isn't at night- because I kinda have to spend time with my bff and she hates anime, but was nice enough to offer up her place for my bf and I. But yeah, pending the time they give you, I'm so there!

I'm being pulled into Time Skip Hinata again... I was her at AMA... There's gonna be a bit of a Time Skip Group from what I'm awareof,

yey for her contacts for 20 bucks at a local wig shop!! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Really? What's yer username there? I've been bad lately and haven't logged in on there for a few months due to school crap. @,@ Yeah I really shouldn't care what 4chan says, and 9 times out of ten I don't. If I've got room in my suitcase and bring my Naruto along, I'll be sure to attend their panel in it, if they even have one this year...last year's was epic...though the line was more entertaining than the actual panel, but now i'm getting off topic. XD Unfortunately I think the panel will be at night. It was last year, though this year I'm thinking of having a friend of mine film it, so if that works out there can at least be highlights on youtube. Which means I need to stock up on miniDV tapes. =D Akatsuki for the win! Hopefully there will be some good Hidan's this year, he's by far my most favorite. XD A Pein would be awesome too. I think my friend is going to be Gaara again, and I know one for sure is going to be Chouji.

I'll be coming as Hinata (shippuden) on Friday, and my friend will be Sasori. I'd love to see your Deidara cosplay as our Deidara is possibly unable to go. My other friend is also going as Temari; but not shippuden however. XD Hope to see you guys!

Sasori is the awesome-est. Haha.

I'm going as Hinata, Temari, and Kiba. Probably SNJ Kiba. -can't cosplay a boy to save her life.- T.T

I cosplayed Gaara at Zenkaikon 2007. I'm thing about redoing his cosplay for Otakon.... Though at Zenkaikon my paper machay(SP) Gourd was pretty much crushed by some jerk. If I fix the gourd then I'll probably redo Gaara!

I cosplayed Gaara at Zenkaikon 2007. I'm thing about redoing his cosplay for Otakon.... Though at Zenkaikon my paper machay(SP) Gourd was pretty much crushed by some jerk. If I fix the gourd then I'll probably redo Gaara!

Zenkaikon? I almost went there... but it was in the middle of the school year for me. T.T

I absolutely love Gaara! He's awesome. ^.^"

Zenkaikon? I almost went there... but it was in the middle of the school year for me. T.T

I absolutely love Gaara! He's awesome. ^.^"

Hinata and Sasori, huh? Well.... we could use some extra people for our group- especially Sasori, no offense to you, but we could use a Hinata too, since now we have a TenTen, etc. and should try to find more non-Akatsuki peeps. Would you and your friends be willing to hang out with us in our group? If not it's cool, just wondering is all.
I'm sure we'll be willing to hang out with you! We'd just have to find you first and stuff. XD If we could have a photoshoot on Friday(seeing as that's the only day I'll be Hinata 8D; ), that would be great. Photoshoots would be great other days too, but I would only be able to man a camera. XD
Edited by Aurora Marija

I am really hoping to see naruto cosplays again actually. I loved the way random naruto coplayers broke out into battle then ran somewhere and literally dissapered lol. I couldn't get enough of that good job again naruto cosplayers ^_^

Are those official photo shoot times?

I will be going as Pein. =) I know there will be a lot more Akatsuki members floating around amongst the 22,000+ people there but it's cool to see that, just from this thread, we will have a lot of them.

Well, actually, I took the photoshoot times from Cosplay.com, lol, and the people there are always keeping things up to date, so these are, as of now, the 'official' photoshoot times. As in, a group of fans got together and decided that these will be the times because the conventions never do photoshoot organization themselves....I personally think they should though, it would help make things a ton more organized. But yes, those are the times. I just didn't know if everyone here has an account there, and wanted to make sure everyone knew the times and places for the shoots, even if you aren't on Cosplay.com.

Anyone feel like we should have a Naruto shoot on Sunday too?... Because I sure as hell do.... My Deidara costume is so freakin kickass, and yet I can only wear it Sunday. I'm sure other people have Naruto costumes they'd like to show off Sunday too. So, if anyone else is with me, I'm going to plan a photoshoot for sometime late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon.

And yay, we have a Pein going to Otakon!!! My friend who was at AN was like the most kickass Pein ever, and he told me he was wearing it for Otakon and looking for a group of other Pein cosplayers so that they could get together and do all six bodies... I got all excited, and decided to forget making my new Temari costume so I could wear my Konan cosplay again and cosplay with him- and then he turns around and bails on my boyfriend and me! I was sooo angry and disappointed!! -cries- I really like my Konan costume now that it's redone, but it just isn't the same without a random Pein around... I'm happy to know that there's at least one going, even if my friend had to be a douche bag and totally fail on us and our Akatsuki group. :D I really hope I see you there, and lemme know if you're interested in being part of our group for any of the time you're at the con, even if it's just an hour or something... It's hard to find Pein cosplayers, wayyyy hard.

Good to know about the "official" photo shoot times. I guess I am retarded but I could NOT find them anywhere on Cosplay.com. =/

And of course! =D Just let me know what time everyone is meeting up to hang out and stuff. Maybe PM me your AIM or...something? I think I could throw in a few hours of my life in the middle of three days of the awesomeness that is Otakon!

I havn't seen too many of Pein but there isn't much to know about him yet. The new Manga has me really excited that we might actually learn more about him but as soon as I saw the eyes...I knew. lol I think my costume is pretty good. I put a lot of effort into it actually. My only problem..Pein doesn't really have a pose. -.- I got no idea what to do other than stand there and glare. =X

Also...you should still wear the Konan cosplay!

Good to know about the "official" photo shoot times. I guess I am retarded but I could NOT find them anywhere on Cosplay.com. =/

And of course! =D Just let me know what time everyone is meeting up to hang out and stuff. Maybe PM me your AIM or...something? I think I could throw in a few hours of my life in the middle of three days of the awesomeness that is Otakon!

I havn't seen too many of Pein but there isn't much to know about him yet. The new Manga has me really excited that we might actually learn more about him but as soon as I saw the eyes...I knew. lol I think my costume is pretty good. I put a lot of effort into it actually. My only problem..Pein doesn't really have a pose. -.- I got no idea what to do other than stand there and glare. =X

Also...you should still wear the Konan cosplay!

Anyone here going as a Sasuke or know someone going as a Sasuke? I need a Sasuke/Itachi fight re staging on Friday and I was hoping I could find a Sasuke here instead of grabbing one randomly.
Anyone here going as a Sasuke or know someone going as a Sasuke? I need a Sasuke/Itachi fight re staging on Friday and I was hoping I could find a Sasuke here instead of grabbing one randomly.

I have a friend that is going to cosplay Sasuke. She'll be more than happy to do the fight with you. ^.^

Welll..... She is tall, *cough*5'11"*cough* and skinny, but strong. If you want a beter description, her myspace is... www.myspace.com/Kureama I think.

hehe... well after going to a few cons ive realized that everyone and their mom's dog cosplays from Nartuto.. So i'm lick Kicka$$ ima do it too... So for the past month i tried searching for a Naruto character that no one does.. which is easier said then done.. Well last week when i was downloading the new Shippuuden episode they had a picture of a fan-drawing of adult Naruto as the 6th Hokage... (a pretty good one at that) So.. I looked it up and so far only two cosplay stores so far sell the outfit.. So I ordered the coat from them and fashioned the rest myself.. ^-^..

So yeah all in all after that nice lil intro im going as the 6th Hokage <(^-^)> (hope i don't disappoint)

lol... the only problem is my hair my roots are turning back to brown.. i mean its perfect and length and all and the top is blonde.. o well ill have a more realistic approach to this... haha.. but as for glomping *shivers* i was glomped by my friend once and fell down the steps... lol. But yeah sure ill be wearing it all thrre days i believe.. only hair will be spiked on Saturday only though.. or maybe Friday i have yet to decide (most likely Saturday cause friday is to hectic for me lol) ... But if you must know the fan art was done by Twinenigma @ deviantART.. (http://twinenigma.deviantart.com/art/DR-In-Memoriam-Test-Scroll-50464694?offset=140#comments) I gots to get some sweet picks... and sorry if i disappoint i ain't very much Naruto material.. im only 5'6" and a lil extra to my build... fat.. haha. Not to bad though. Pretty much every person at my school described me as a teddy bear... <sigh> embarrassing.

But i think the costume looks awesome hope u guys agree when u see me

Edited by Firakoshadow

^.^ *happy*

Since I'm going to be Hinata, I was thinking about running up to a random Naruto cosplayer, holding out a small bouquet(SP?) of fake flowers and saying, "N-naruto-kun, I love you" All Hinata like. XD It helps being able to blush so easily.

lol If you can survive an encounter with me, the life changing Itachi, then you will no longer be as shy as Hinata. For I am Itachi-sama and will change your life just like I did for my otouto and the uchiha ichisoku.

WARNING: Not a medically advised treatment of shyness or symptoms related to thereof. Side affects may include perverseness, loss of inhibitions and random sexual behavior. Itachi-sama is an habit forming drug and should only be used on a temporary basis. Sexual desires caused by Itachi-sama may inhibit ability to operate machinery and should not be taken before driving or operating other machines. Changes cause by Itachi-sama are not guaranteed to be for the better.

WARNING: Not a medically advised treatment of shyness or symptoms related to thereof. Side affects may include perverseness, loss of inhibitions and random sexual behavior. Itachi-sama is an habit forming drug and should only be used on a temporary basis. Sexual desires caused by Itachi-sama may inhibit ability to operate machinery and should not be taken before driving or operating other machines. Changes cause by Itachi-sama are not guaranteed to be for the better.