What will you do to pass the time?

Maybe just laze around and play on the good ol' DS and PSP. Listen to music, fall asleep and get poked by random ppl, maybe take a quick trip to the aquarium if money permits :3

I usually read and/or talk to people to pass the time. And since lines are a way of life at Otakon, I'm always sure to bring a bottle of water and some cereal bars so I don't die. In the end, I usually lose a few pounds by the end of the weekend!

Just to drive a good point home about the line-

If you plan on lining up to get your badge before 5pm, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring water or something to keep you hydrated. It is very humid, and even though the line wait time has shortened nicely in previous years with addition of more reg booths, you'll still be outside waiting for a while.

/mommylike advice

Ha,well I've noticed that many people keep mentioning that they dont know why anyone would want to wait in the pre reg line.....and here is my answer...

Every year I pre reg but I still choose to get up at 4 in the morning on fridayand wait in line. I love waiting in the lines and I'll tell you why...

I'm so excited that I would'nt be able to sleep anyway

You meet wonderful people

Less traffic

your in the front of the line

You see some intresting....things o.O

Hang out with the friends you came with

Music

See much cosplay

Catch up on manga

Those are just some of the reasons I love to wait in line for...*hehe*

So expect to see me near the front of the line Otakon 2008!!!!

Oh I cant forget that I also like to wait in lines so I can see my friends reactions...some of my friends that I'm going with this year, It'll be their first Otakon....and they should have the line waiting experience behind their belt...right???

I can certainly understand wanting to be there to absorb the euphoria going around. Sadly I won't be there to enjoy the line-waiting. I totally get why people like standing in that line.

I don't even have to tell everyone how long that pre-reg pickup line is, and without a doubt we'll have some huge guests this year, Mr. Kappei being one of them, and JAMproject is bound to have a monstrous turnout, so I have to ask you, my crazy yet patient otaku. Since lines are bound to be abundant and lenghty, what do you do to pass the time?

I talk to people and I pictochat.

Funny thing, I ended up traveling to another part of the country months later after the con and our waiter in a restaurant was like "I know you from somewhere." And I was like huh? And then he remembered we had talked to each other in line waiting for the masquerade. He even remembered what costume I was wearing. lol. I wish I had a memory like that, but it was funny how he remembered.

-pictochat

-Pokemon Diamond

-watching anime on my ipod

-playing Song Summoner

-reading whatever manga I happen to buy in the dealer's room

-taking photos of passing cosplayers

-listening to music

Edited by AVY
Maybe just laze around and play on the good ol' DS and PSP. Listen to music, fall asleep and get poked by random ppl, maybe take a quick trip to the aquarium if money permits :3

Aquarium is always a good idea

Well I'll be either talking with people, random taking pictures of cosplayers who pass by and I gotta snag their pictures.. or playing on my DS or PSP... wishing my friends didn't drop out at the last minute and/or cursing out the length of the line/ or semi-whining is the line moving yet and are we there yet?

Also wondering if I'll be exhausted from sleep deprivation or not.

Edited by animemiz
I can certainly understand wanting to be there to absorb the euphoria going around. Sadly I won't be there to enjoy the line-waiting. I totally get why people like standing in that line.

Why wont you be there?

Edited by Fifthrate

search for leechable interwebs wtih my psp to check my email... and try to finish more of tales of Innocence so i can feel better talking about it at my panel XD (after friday, my psp comes out to play again~)

but lines are also fun for chit chat and being silly and of course the cosplay pix (taking and being taken). lines sometimes can be half the fun :D

I don't plan on going to get my badge until after 5:00. So my friends and I will probably sightsee a little bit, have dinner and make our way to stand in line. While in line...I'll most likely annoy my friends, take photos, and strike up conversations with people nearby. Maybe I'll bring a manga or two to read...because well...I'm too afraid to bring my DS.

I'm just afraid that if I bring it to pass the time, I'll either A) End up shoving it in my purse and forgetting its there and then 'crack!' ^_^ I'll lose the darn thing C) It'll get stolen >_< D) Bestest will steal it and play Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center the entire time :P

So its better just to annoy my friends, take cosplay photos and chat with people in the line ^_^

Edited by JeuneFille
I'm just afraid that if I bring it to pass the time, I'll either A) End up shoving it in my purse and forgetting its there and then 'crack!' ^_^ I'll lose the darn thing C) It'll get stolen >_< D) Bestest will steal it and play Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center the entire time :P

So its better just to annoy my friends, take cosplay photos and chat with people in the line :P

Playing around on my DS, playing around with my camera, talking to people, staring at the wall. lol. ^_^

at katsucon this year, there was an entire panel called 'DS pictionary' ! i didnt go to it but i did poke my head into the room and saw rows of people with their heads burried in there DS. it was quite hilarious
Edited by coolerninjathanu

yeh, my girl told me that the lines are big. in times like that a little pretend ddr on the carpet passes the time.... well for 5 mins then i feel dumb. hahaha im just happy me and my friends never run out of things to say. hopefully there are some cool people in line with me and I can make some new buddys! ^_^

Taking photos of passer's by.

Using Pictochat.

Reading the many manga I bought from the Dealer's room.

Talking to people in line.

Reading the latest news from my Sidekick 3.

Last year I went out and bought a board game to play with friends. (See: Dirty Minds, don't bother...it wasn't that good.) Despite it's rampant suckery, it passed the time. :(

This year, hardcore peoplewatching.

i'm easily amused by watching cosplays walk by. last year while waiting in line for the masquerade, a "yaoi yaoi hentai" conga line went marching by. i'm sure otakon staff stopped it and deemed it dangerous ['cause they were also swing around those yaoi paddles] but it was still very hilarious and entertaining

I will probably Be singing songs from the Prince of Tennis musicals to annoy my friend who doesn't understand the point of having a musical about tennis.

Maybe a little Seishun Amigo on the side?

And of course, we can't forget the nico nico douga medley, the Haruhi dance, and caramelldansen.

I'll probably bring my sketchbook along for good measure.

(I'm so excited!)

I spend my time in line breakdancing as Edward Elric.

...just kidding. For the Pre-Reg line, well I usually get there in time so that there is no line. As for the rest...I usually chat with whoever is nearby and snap photos of good cosplayers, or eat lunch/dinner/whatever.

Edited by SSPrincess

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.