Tifa Lockhart - Advent Children Cosplay (wig help?)

Ok, this is my first time doing a cosplay and my first year of actually getting to go to Otakon and I'm super excited!

As you can tell from the title, I will be cosplaying Tifa from Advent Children. I'm having a bit of trouble with the wig. What is the best place to get her wig and which one? Also, how do you keep the wig from moving all over the place!

TIA!

I can't remeber were my friend got her wig that they styled for her off of a picture she sent them. I'll ask and post it.....but in the mean time go to your local mall or center and like the weave places usually have decent wigs and you could possibly find one that looks like Tifa's hair...but remember to ask them whats a good conditioner to use in it to keep it smooth everytime you wear it.

Unfortunately "local" places like that for me are at least an hour away (if not, more). I'm hoping to find something cheap enough online. I don't even know how much wigs go for in places like that, so it's hard to really be able to judge prices.

I know there used to be a place in the Arundel Mills Mall, but that is an hour and a half from me. If anyone in that area is willing to help verify if it's still there/they have something that would work/price, I would be VERY appreciative.

Check out beauty supply shops. A quick google search for "beauty supply" and "Preston, MD" (from your user profile) popped up a few in Delaware but also one in Cambridge. There's also a wig shop in Stevensville (on Kent Island). Most beauty supply stores will sell wigs. You can also order wigs online - check out CosWorx and, specifically, this wig (in the dark brown or brown color, for Tifa).

Thanks, but I've been to those "beauty supply" stores before and none of them carry wigs.

I didn't know about the one on Kent Island, but when I tried calling, it went to fax. If I have time tonight before my tattoo appointment, I'll try to ride up there and see if I can find it.

Er..if you're still looking for a good one you can try a wig shop in Owings Mills Mall. I saw some really good ones in there. :) I know you said something about Arundel Mills Mall, so I'm assuming you live in MD. You can also look on cosplay websites for it, and if worse comes to worse: Ebay. But, you might not get the best wig from online.

Thanks, but I was able to convince a friend to do the styling for me, so I bought one off of cosworx.com and it should be here by next week. :D

I'm still just not sure how to make it stay on though since I have no experience wearing wigs. lol

• 2 weeks later...

When you pull your hair back and braid it or pony tail it, or whatever you do... (Personally i have short hair so i just use a headband)... when you put on the wig, use a few bobby pins to help keep it gripped to your head