Filming cosplayer interviews for video podcast.

My friends and I (who go to Otakon every year, since our first time in 2005) are finally beginning to get our video podcast, OtakuTalk TV, off the ground. We plan to do a sort of after-con report on Otakon and talk about the pros and cons (pun intended... sadly) of the con. I anticipate many pros.

One thing we would like to do is to interview cosplayers. We could always ask people to interview on the spot, but I'd rather not disrupt people in the hall.

So, if anyone would be interesting in answering a few simple questions (What do you like about cosplay? What got you into cosplay? What is your favourite costume you've made/worn? etc) for a few minutes, let me know. If enough people are interested, maybe we can schedule a time when myself or my co-host can be in the atrium near the fountain or something other set place and take some interviews.

Cosplayers of all types are welcome. Male and female, young and old, human and shinigami.

We are a (very, at the moment) small podcast and although we hope to grow and eventually get sponsors we make no money from our show and pretty much do it out of dedication to our otakudom.

So again, if you're interested, or think you might be interested, please post here so we will have a vague idea of whether or not this is a good idea.

Thanks!

- Aaron (SecondChild)

P.S. Typo edit request in topic description - If a mod can change "interview" to "interviewed" in the description, I'd be much obliged. =0

Edited by Asrial Dune

What you guys are planning to make seems interesting, I'm fairly good friends with Ataru, who also does podcast/vid-cast like things as well about cons and random everyday stuff.

I would be happy to help out.

Ichigogami (aka Kat L.)

*raises hand* That sounds fun..and I can probably get a few more people to do it too I just have to ask ^__^.

That sounds like fun. What type of cosplayers are you looking for? And when would you be conducting these interviews. I'm involved with events on saturday but would be more than willing friday or sunday.

My team and I are definitely interested. We're no strangers to being on camera. We'll be in the Charles St Lobby Friday at Noon for a Doctor Who photoshoot, and we tend to hang around that area.

Even though it seems to have a lot have already mentioned their interest, I will throw myself out there too.

Sounds like a lot of fun, and although I may be somewhat busy with various photoshoots, I do not have an art table to be strapped too this con and will have a lot of free time to have fun with something like this!

~Meesh

First off I would like to say very COOL name for a podcast. and second i would love to be interviewed ^_^ i will be going as Wolfwood from Trigun. I will be sure to keep an eye out for you guys. and good luck :D

If you see a dude running around in a Raptor Jesus costume, please feel free to tap him on the shoulder and ask for an interview.

That's me xD

If you see a dude running around in a Raptor Jesus costume, please feel free to tap him on the shoulder and ask for an interview.

That's me xD

where you raptor jesus last otakon???

I would definitely be interested! I will be cosplaying all three days, except when I'm gofering. (Or maybe when I am, too?)

This will be my first con, so maybe I could provide a newbish perspective for your podcost :( Even so, I would be honored to assist you in this matter.

Edited by Baka_Neko
  • 3 weeks later...

O.K., because of the turbulent nature of the Otakon schedule (not complaining, just being realistic) it's difficult to set up times before actually being handed a paper schedule at the con.

We will hopefully have internet access in our hotel room. If you want to schedule a time, PM me in the next day or two. Sunday after the con is, of course, perfect, if you don't mind sticking around in costume.

Otherwise, if you happen to see me walking around, please stop me and let me know you'd like to be interviewed. I will either be in street clothes or (probably just Saturday) cosplaying as Gendo. Here is a pic of me from last year:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/260819...4ee66bfcf_o.jpg

If you are close enough to see my badge, it will have my name and handle (SecondChild) on it.

I will have a digicam on me at all times, so I can record video on the fly. I hope to see many of you there!

- Aaron B. (SecondChild)

Edited by ZGL
please don't post images, link to them instead