Logistics for Large Cosplay

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a hotel room close by or is it some distance? I have bulky costumes but they've never posed an issue and I just suck up the fact that it's hot and get myself to the con center. But I also have friends who act as handlers to help me move. However, if you're at a point where the size is too big to get in the doors, you might want to partially wear the costume and just friends lug the extra pieces until you can get them on in the con center area.

Do you have a hotel room close by or is it some distance? I have bulky costumes but they've never posed an issue and I just suck up the fact that it's hot and get myself to the con center. But I also have friends who act as handlers to help me move. However, if you're at a point where the size is too big to get in the doors, you might want to partially wear the costume and just friends lug the extra pieces until you can get them on in the con center area.

No, our hotel is outside of downtown Baltimore... and the costume is not very seatbelt friendly. I guess can put the seatbelt/sitting inhibiting parts on in the parking garage. Yeah I might just need to grit my teeth a bare it and hope that I don

Honestly, your costume doesn't look any bigger than some I've seen at Otakon. I think you'll be fine!

Upstairs on the 400 level, there are larger bathrooms with PLENTY of room to change in--when you first walk in, it's like they have a room designed for changing. If you bring your costume in and change there, everything should work out perfectly.

Upstairs on the 400 level, there are larger bathrooms with PLENTY of room to change in--when you first walk in, it's like they have a room designed for changing. If you bring your costume in and change there, everything should work out perfectly.
  • 3 weeks later...

First, your costume is beautiful Gadalpa. I've never seen someone do an Iria cosplay. I hope you manage to get your costume to the convention hall because I would love to see it in person.

Also, I think I'm going to have the same problem as you. It's extremely hard to even walk in my costume. And it's very wide, about five feet. So even though my hotel is close, I've never been to Baltimore and have no idea how I'm going to get to the con. I might have to bring it in pieces.

To the people who mentioned those changing rooms - is that what they're actually for? Would I have to clear it with con ops or someone in order to be able to change in there? I don't need a closed off room to assemble everything (I can do it perfectly modestly right in the middle of the street). But does anyone know the rules regarding those rooms?