Pre-made costumes?

Okay, so this Otakon will be my first convention ever. I'd love to cosplay, but the decision to go was rather last minute and I probably won't have time to make anything half way decent (especially since my sewing skills aren't that great to begin with). However now that I'm staying at a relatives rather than a hotel (seeing as all hotels were booked out), I was thinking of buying a pre-made outfit with the money I'm saving. It looks pretty decent from the picture and is under a hundred dollars, but am still unsure. It's a Night Class Uniform for Yuuki from Vampire Knight.

Anyway, it's from this site called Moon Costumes. They have a bunch of nice looking costumes, actually. Has anyone had experience buying a pre-made costume(especially from that site)? I'm mostly wondering about the quality. I don't expect the quality to be as nice and well-fitting as a custom made outfit, but I thought I'd get other con-goers advice before taking the plunge. :)

I had a fiend by a Yazoo(FFVII Advent Children) outfit online. Not sure where she got it from but it was decent quality and looked similar to the picture online but not exactly like it.

That year I also saw a few people were the same outfits. I know you said your decision was last minute but a good wig and if you can get a few alterations to make it semi custom go a long way.

Okay, so this Otakon will be my first convention ever. I'd love to cosplay, but the decision to go was rather last minute and I probably won't have time to make anything half way decent (especially since my sewing skills aren't that great to begin with). However now that I'm staying at a relatives rather than a hotel (seeing as all hotels were booked out), I was thinking of buying a pre-made outfit with the money I'm saving. It looks pretty decent from the picture and is under a hundred dollars, but am still unsure. It's a Night Class Uniform for Yuuki from Vampire Knight.

Anyway, it's from this site called Moon Costumes. They have a bunch of nice looking costumes, actually. Has anyone had experience buying a pre-made costume(especially from that site)? I'm mostly wondering about the quality. I don't expect the quality to be as nice and well-fitting as a custom made outfit, but I thought I'd get other con-goers advice before taking the plunge. :)

Anyway, it's from this site called Moon Costumes. They have a bunch of nice looking costumes, actually. Has anyone had experience buying a pre-made costume(especially from that site)? I'm mostly wondering about the quality. I don't expect the quality to be as nice and well-fitting as a custom made outfit, but I thought I'd get other con-goers advice before taking the plunge. :wub:

As I fellow VK cosplayer, I think I can help you out!

I bought a mens' Night Class uniform from Cosplay Magic, and aside from a few buttons having to be re-sewn, it's a magnificent costume. All their VK costumes run for $99 and will last you far more than just a few conventions.

Just by the looks of their site, I'd stay away from Moon Costumes. They seem to be more or less of an outlet for Halloween costumes with some cosplay stuff carelessly tossed in. It's worth the extra $10 to buy from Cosplay Magic, not to mention shipping is free. They'll also send you extra buttons free of charge. ^^

Anyway, it's from this site called Moon Costumes. They have a bunch of nice looking costumes, actually. Has anyone had experience buying a pre-made costume(especially from that site)? I'm mostly wondering about the quality. I don't expect the quality to be as nice and well-fitting as a custom made outfit, but I thought I'd get other con-goers advice before taking the plunge. :wub:

As I fellow VK cosplayer, I think I can help you out!

I bought a mens' Night Class uniform from Cosplay Magic, and aside from a few buttons having to be re-sewn, it's a magnificent costume. All their VK costumes run for $99 and will last you far more than just a few conventions.

Just by the looks of their site, I'd stay away from Moon Costumes. They seem to be more or less of an outlet for Halloween costumes with some cosplay stuff carelessly tossed in. It's worth the extra $10 to buy from Cosplay Magic, not to mention shipping is free. They'll also send you extra buttons free of charge. ^^

I would have made an attempt at my own costume, but I had a matter of weeks to decide and had no sewing skills whatsoever. It was a very very nice costume for the price!

And hey, if you want to come to our gathering, we're organizing one over at cosplay.com. Hope to see you!