Your Favorite Otakon Story

It wasnt in the con but it was that weekend while i was in the hotel by the con

It was the 2006 con.

It was Friday afternoon. I had been wearing spandex most of the day so i was really uncomfortable. So i left the con and went back to my room.

I was in the Marriott at Camden Yards.. And as most know in 2006 it was the year that the were Yankees and Baseball fans everywhere...

Even more so in the hotel.

Well i switched out of my costume and headed out of my room and entered the elevator.

One floor down a guy wearing an Orioles jersey got in the elevator. He started talking to me.. He had a very heavy Tennessee accent

Him : Hello. Hows It

Me : Yo whats up

_Were Both In a Cheerful mood_

Him : Nothing much. Just bout to head over and check out the stadium

Me : Ohh cool.. Im just bout to grab something to eat.

Him : Ahh thats good.

:Pause: _ Awkward Silence still both pretty happy_

Him : So hey whats with all these freaks out on the street.

Me: <puzzled look on my face>

_ I knew what he was talking bout but i didnt want to be rude_

Him : You know all those people out there with the stupid obsessions

_I couldn't take it cause not only was he insulting the con he was insulting me too_

Me : Ooh yeah theres a baseball game going on

_My response was serious sounding_

Him : Thank-you but i love baseball.

_He was pretty mad_

Me : Yeah and I'm one of those obsessed freaks

_I said pretty loud_

Him : Whatever

_He said angerly. The elevator doors open_

Me : <smiles> Cya later frea

I said very cheerfully

It was a fun day. I could tell he felt really stupid... And i did it all in a peaceful manner :wub:

So what all stories do you guys got to share

Hmmm an otakon story?

I think I can remember otakon '07

It was early in the morning, friday,and I think what I did to get everybody awake in my house hold was yell "OTAKON OR BUUUUUUUUUUUUST~<3" only to recieve a "It's four in the morning! GO BACK TO SLEEEEEEEP!!!"

So when we left, I remember being very jittery and just bouncing around. However! As soon as I entered the BCC with my sister, I basically deflated. As me and my sister stumbled around we had a conversation that went along like this:

Me: @o@ Whoaaa.....The colors....

Sister: =w= This isn't your first con and you are reacting like this because...?

Me: (was staring into a pinwheel)

Friend: Hey she ok?

Another friend: zomg she looks like she's gonna puke...

Me: 83 (deflates again)

Sister: she's fine...just...>_>...well..you guys understand what I mean right?

Group:....(cricket chirps)

As we wandered around, we ended up yelling out loud, in defeat, "WHERE IS THE DEALERS ROOM?! TT_TT" and it seemed like everybody else was looking for it too since we also had some yell out "WE DON'T KNOW EITHER!!!". Then when we finally found our way around, we kept on hiding in multiple corners of the dealer's room (and BCC) from a friend that was...disrupting our personal con experience. And as we kept on dashing around corner to corner, we somehow ended up in Artist's Alley. It was my second time in my life to ever have gone in there and so as I walked around, with the typical "In shock, awe, and probably a tourist" expression, a conversation started up from these ppl selling pins, keychains, and such.

Me: 83 can I have a saix and mansmex pin?

Person 1: ok what number pins are they?

Me: >> numbers? 1 and 7...mansmex? wut...

Person 1: X3 Oh I meant what number images are they?

Me: X_X Oops my bad *reads numbers*

Person 2: LOL I forgot all about that joke. *makes and gives*

Me: *pays*

Both: LULZ at joke

sister: =w=....

After that...well...everything went really weird when I left out with a friend and my sister out the Pratt street entrance.

Group: la la la~ walking to the bank of amerika building~<3

In the distance: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG AH!!!!!!

Group: *turns around*

Me: Eh? (cloud of dust and screaming headed towards me specifically) O_O *braces for impact*

Friends from school that haven't seen me in 2 years: OMG!!! *fangirl glomp*

Me: @o@ Omg...This is what it's like to be a bishie? But I'm a girl...oh wait nevermind I forgot how much time passed

Everybody: GROUP HUG!!

Hoboes in the background: Uhhh...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~<3

Random cosplayers in the street as they walk by: >_>...:wub: she...she is special or something...? (whisper whisper wutduhfutch)

Needless to say, I was glomped to no end and that just fueled the in-con food stomach roar. Ah...good times...good times ;)

Best way to end the day on saturday~<3

heya,

my fave otakon story def the first year we drove ourselves. We drove home sunday afternoon after getting stuck in Jersey traffic (inevitable) we stopped at a burger king on the Jersey turnpike. Didn't really notice anything weird. We all really had to go to the bathroom. As we're walking to the bathroom our friend Sam looks at us and says OMG is that the guy from the Wiggles and proceeds to pulll out a trading card of him from her purse we were like OMG you have a Wiggles trading cards in your purse what!? then we are like OMG bathroom we can't even think about this. So After we relieve ourselves we walk into the rest stop proper. Their are like 20-30 people with Wiggle World Tour shirts on. we were like OMG the wiggles are really here. (I was like OMG I need caffeine as I was the driver for the next leg.) We get back out to the car before we realize that yes we really need a picture of this. So we go back in and ask the guy that plays the yellow Wiggle to take a pic with my friend Sam. So we have a pic of Sam and the Yellow Wiggle on a the way back from Otakon. Pretty Amusing (def one out out fave Otakon stories) among others anyway.

so my friend and i were driving down to katsucon following my gps when we came across a toll (i beliee it was around $5) being the poor college students that we were, we were afraid that we'd run into more of thses crazy tolls, thus we set the gps to "avoid toll" (yes amazing isn't it? there really is such an option!) anyways the gps tells up to exit right before a toll area. we ended up in city traffic and was completely amazed when we passed right by the bccc (took a pic of the building and eerything!) and what makes this story great? on the way back (being tired) we decided to just endure the toll price and get home. the one and ONLY toll that we actually avoided was only about $0.45!

leason learned! but got a good story from it, no? :) also tip: if you're traveling from philly avoid the first toll, endure the second ^_^

My boyfriend's first year at Otakon was around 5 years ago. Pat has never been into anime, ever, and going to Otakon really settled it for him (that he would never like anime, ever.) He missed the following year because he did not want to deal with all of the Otaku, and then the following year he started going again, and now he goes to all of my cons with me, does photoshoot's, ect. He still does not like anime, however. Lol

Also, my sister Ashley has been going to Otakon (and cons in general) since she was 7. She's 16 now, but when she was younger she would always be given so much attention over how cute she was (she used to cosplay as St. Tail and Puchiko) and we'd always find pics of her online.

I mean, my con stories aren't that awesome or great, I'm just glad they're both always around at cons with me since I adore them both so much.

• 1 month later...

Most of my strange/silly con stories seemed to happen in 2006...

We drove in from PA and drove around Baltimore looking for a parking garage. So we finally find one near Inner Harbor and we take a walk around. We ended up going to the Barnes and Noble to grab a drink, use the restroom ect. I'm standing in the restroom fixing my makeup and cosplay and some lady comes in and says "Oh...that's a different outfit. What's going on, are you going to a costume party?" I explained everything nicely, and she was very polite about it. Seems people will stop and ask you why you're dressed up anywhere. (including restrooms lol)

The other happend Saturday of the same year. I was in cosplay (Fatal Frame 2) and this guy comes running up to me for a photo. He's all excited and he tries to get the camera working. I'm standing there in a pose for about a minute and I think to myself "I'm tired of standing here, I'm going to pretend to attack him" so I rush forward to 'grab' him, the flash goes off. His dad caught the whole thing on video. He grinned and went on about getting a 'Zero shot'. It was kinda cute.

I wonder what this year will bring...^_^

One of my new favorite Otakon stories:

My roommates and I were rushing around trying to get all frilled up for my tea party, and we're all running late. I was leaning over the ironing board trying to fix my lipgloss when I heard, "What are they...oh, EW! ...guys, you've gotta come check this out!"

Turns out some people forget that the elevated parking lots behind some of the hotels are still...behind some of the hotels. With hundreds of windows looking down on them. There was a couple doing some kind of skanky corset/cosplay photoshoot right in the middle of the parking lot! We stared at them and laughed, and then the chick blew us a kiss and they left. Moral of the story?

Watch where you're taking that top off, missy!

With 7 years worth of Otakon stories it's not easy to pick a #1 favorite, in fact I don't have one, it's more like 1 or 2 from each years con if I had to pick faves. So instead I'll just tell you a couple of my favorite Otakon moments for now:

~ 2003 ~ Friday morning as me & my friends are walking to the BCC to get in line for our badges, I suddenly realized I'd forgotten something vital, so I told my friends I'd meet up with them in line & ran back to the hotel. We were staying at the Days Inn that year & as I'm waiting for the elevator in the lobby I notice the guy next to me with his luggage looks familiar to me. It wasn't until we got in the elevator that it hit me that the guy standing right next to me in the elevator as well was Johnny Yong Bosch. ^_^ I said hello of course & got off on my floor, rushed to the room & back down the elevator to the Pre-registration line to tell my friends. Go figure that I didn't get the chance to see him again the whole con...

~ 2006 ~ Saturday afternoon just as I'm getting off my Gofer shift at the Otakon Merchandise Table in the D.R. I'm at the back of the table area when this guy comes up to me & asks if my online alias is BlackRose. I really looked at him & just asked "Micheal?" He nodded & I just hugged him, it had been over 12 years since we'd last saw each other, & it was in Baltimore too!! So us long lost cousins had a 'lil reunion at Otakon that year, it was nice... :(

Edited by Shineigami02

(18 AND OVER ONLY, PLEASE ^_^)

When: Otakon 2007

Where: fencer of minerva Hentai showing

Me: " well guys its saturday night and we gotta bail soon"

Friends: "nahh, i'm not tired yet lets find something to do."

**everyone spots hentai screening as we are walking**

I've only gone one year, last year :( But the most amazing part for me, besides all the awesome new friends I made of course, was meeting Steve Blum! He was the coolest celeb I've ever met for sure! He stayed hours after the projected autograph time to sign autographs for every single person in line. Then when we got to him *finally* and asked for a picture (I was dressed as Faye Valentine and the guy behind me, who became my line buddy, was dressed as Spike.

So a bunch of people took a picture with the three of us. The coolest part *besides the awesome picture- http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/kaw.../SteveBlum.jpg* was when Steve Blum had one of his assistants take our picture with HIS camera!! THAT was amazingly awesome ^_^

Can't wait to make more amazing moments this year!

Something cool happens just about every year. Its hard to pick a single event out as the best.

I remember driving through a torrential downpour down I-95 on my way to Otakon for the first time in 2001. It was so bad most people pulled over to the shoulder, but not me and my Caprice Estate station wagon. After braving the war-torn streets of Baltimore and finding my way to the convention center (late Friday afternoon) I wondered how I was going to find my friends who had arrived on Thursday night. As I made it up the escalators I see one of my friends just happen to be walking by. I waved him down then rushed to get my badge.

• 1 year later...

I was wandering Otakon, when i heard a shrill scream. It belonged to a small girl, no older than five. "Woswad Woswad Woswad!"

(I was cosplaying as the Pokemon Roserade) "Woswad Woswad Wosewad!!" she chanted, as she bounced up and down in her Sailor Moon costume, nearly dislodging a hair ornament.

I watched as her mother, who while she restrained the child, pull out a small, digital camera. "Excuse me, may my daughter get a picture with you?" she asked in a weary voice that clearly communicated that she knew that if she didn't ask, her daughter would demand.

So I knelt down, and, nearly being strangled by the child's tight hug, got my picture taken. The little Sailor Moon cosplayer was so endearing, I reached into my purse and pulled out something I knew she'd like: Pokemon cards. I had gotten them in the dealers room earlier, and hadn't the chance to open them yet.

A squeal of excitement, a nod of her mother's head, five minutes later I was reading the flavor text of the cards to the captivated child. Nothing lasts forever, though, and it wasn't too long before I got a call asking me to be somewhere.

I gathered up the trading cards, and with a thank-you from the mother (her daughter had apparently been dragging her around the entire convention center, all day, looking for Pokemon cosplayers. Now she could take her little girl home), I was on my way.

• 3 months later...

I have a sort-of sweet story.

Last year, I had some problems meeting with people. I was texting someone while walking down some stairs. I was already feeling frustated when I missed a step and fell off three more steps from the bottom. My stuff was everywhere and my ankle hurt a bit. I was really upset when a random stranger comes running up to me.

Stranger: *helps up* Are you ok?

Me: *fake laughs* Yeah. I'm fine.

Stranger: *helps pick things up* Here.

Me: *starts to pick stuff up* Oh, thank you.

Stranger: No problem. *we get up; she hugs me* It's ok.

Me: * hugs back* Thanks.

Stranger: *lets go* No problem. See ya.

Me: See ya. *we go off our seprate ways*

I couldn't find my friend for a while after that, but I felt so much better after that. Thank you, Random Acts of Kindness!

I was wandering Otakon, when i heard a shrill scream. It belonged to a small girl, no older than five. "Woswad Woswad Woswad!"

(I was cosplaying as the Pokemon Roserade) "Woswad Woswad Wosewad!!" she chanted, as she bounced up and down in her Sailor Moon costume, nearly dislodging a hair ornament.

I watched as her mother, who while she restrained the child, pull out a small, digital camera. "Excuse me, may my daughter get a picture with you?" she asked in a weary voice that clearly communicated that she knew that if she didn't ask, her daughter would demand.

So I knelt down, and, nearly being strangled by the child's tight hug, got my picture taken. The little Sailor Moon cosplayer was so endearing, I reached into my purse and pulled out something I knew she'd like: Pokemon cards. I had gotten them in the dealers room earlier, and hadn't the chance to open them yet.

A squeal of excitement, a nod of her mother's head, five minutes later I was reading the flavor text of the cards to the captivated child. Nothing lasts forever, though, and it wasn't too long before I got a call asking me to be somewhere.

I gathered up the trading cards, and with a thank-you from the mother (her daughter had apparently been dragging her around the entire convention center, all day, looking for Pokemon cosplayers. Now she could take her little girl home), I was on my way.

That...is amazingly adorable.

Otakon 2008 I was walking down the sidewalk to go into the con on Friday, holding hands with my boyfriend. He was dressed normally, and I was my flamboyant sparkly Jack Skellington. My boyfriend and my friends are such troopers cause everyone asks for a picture and my pals just hold my bag and stand out of the shot ever so patiently<3

Anyway, we were walking, chit-chatting about what we were headed to first, when a girl came running up to us and said "Oh can I please take your picture!!??!"

My boyfriend very graciously took my bag and stepped aside, but the girl said "No no! Together! You guys were so cute holding hands!!"

We all giggled and I pulled my blushing boy in for a cute photo--Jack Skellington and "his" boyfriend, holding hands.

D'AWWW :DDDD

This was on the way to Otakon 2004, my first convention.

I drove in (600 miles) to meet my group at the airport. No one knew anyone's real name or what we looked like since we all met and planned through a WINMX chat. One guy had a poster board with big letters: Soviet, Spooky, Kanzen. I walked up to them and pointed out that I was the kanzen guy. Spooky also saw the sign (short for spookey donkey, from the cowboy beebop movie, the person that the gamer was going to meet if he beat the high score on the arcade game that Faye shot). We were waiting for Soviet. We went to the snack bar and got some over priced airport food. We couldn't page Soviet cause we didn't know is name, we wouldn't know him if we saw him. The only connection we had was the sign, but he had one guy's phone number. After some waiting we went on to the hotel we got checked in and Soviet called, his flight was late because his pilot showed up for work late and drunk and got fired, they had to find another pilot before he could fly in. Someone went back to BWI to get him.

When we were all there we decided to venture to the convention center. Spooky, who had gotten the room, had a map and holding his fingers 4 inches apart said "we're only this far away." I got to looking at the map and noticed that we weren't on it, there was an arrow pointing down to us. The mapquest directions said it was 1.18 miles, he insisted that that was driving directions, the walk was shorter. It certainly didn't feel like it.

In 2005 the hotel we had was 1.25 miles away, wouldn't have been bad except that I had surgery on my ankle a month before hand, I was still in a cast with stitches healing. My doctor said I would need to use a wheelchair. Then it rained most of the weekend. On top of that the person who volunteered to push me around abandoned me within 5 minutes of getting to the convention. I hit my thumb so many times on the spokes of the wheel chair that the blood calloused over _not_fun_

2001 I initially drove down from NY by myself and it was my first con ever. When I got there I was so overwhelmed and not having a good time (I was uber-shy back then, didn't know anybody, or what a con was all about). I originally was supposed to have my best friend come down with me but she backed out because her boyfriend at the time hated me and was a real indecisive idiot. So that Friday night I get a call from my friend back in NY saying that she could now attend so I drove all the way back to NY that Friday night, picked them up and drove all the way back down to Baltimore about 3 hours after arriving in NY. We got there around mid-day Saturday and surprisingly I was still able to enjoy the rest of Saturday (I slept like the dead that night) and enjoyed Sunday and then drove all the way back again to NY Sunday afternoon/evening.

So all in all I drove to Baltimore from NY on Thursday night, then drove back to NY on Friday night, then back to Baltimore Saturday morning, and then finally back to NY again on Sunday afternoon/evening. Can you say tired? Can you say ridiculous? I can! lol I guarantee that will NEVER happen again because after that year my best friend and I have been attending Otakon religously!

Otakon ... 05 I think it was. Simple story, I was in college, and I had a crappy summer job at Sports Authority, as you do. I totally forgot Ota was coming up, so I made a last minute excuse to my manager and said I had a family function to go to and I couldn't work the weekend. I asked if he could find someone else for the shift, and he said I had to speak to another manager becuase he was going on a business meeting this weekend.

You see where this is going. I manage to get off (I actually didn't have the job much after that, they REALLY weren't happy with me taking off on such short notice, but its a crappy summer job so who cares). Then Friday night I see him in a panel room. We meet up, have a good laugh, and then I am asked to leave the job politely about a week later.

Let's see.........

Staffing a late-night Hentai room......... back when they were still in a massive "gray area" about checking IDs or not......... I decided to basically be a "show of force" and selectively ask to check IDs of anyone that appeared to be too young. My presence alone scared a few seemingly-underaged people out of the line. :)

Then, as movie time came............. no DVD. Nowhere to be seen.

:(

After a few minutes of frantic radio calls to Con Ops and Video Ops, I had to confront an eager, antsy crowd:

"Folks, we seem to be missing the DVD of the program we were planning to show. While we're waiting for something to arrive from Video Ops--"

Fifty or so DVDs of hentai were instantly, spontaneously, eagerly waved in the air by audience members. A couple even flew through the air and landed at my feet. For all I know, one of them might have been what we were planning to show.

;)

"............. I'm sorry, but we haven't screened those for content quality. Please be patient."

^_^

The rule was (and probably still is) that we couldn't start a show before its scheduled time--and if you think about it, that's a sensible rule. Imagine showing up at 1 AM to find what you'd hoped to see then half over. So we were stuck. The projector continued to show a blank white light upon the screen, and the crowd, hyper and punchy as it was, started doing hand-shadow routines on the screen light.............. which quickly degenerated into attempts (some even moderately successful) at shadow-portraying explicit activities. I think someone cut out a tentacle prop on the spur of the moment......... :blink:

Somewhere in this insanity, the crowd, spurred on by one effective rabble-rouser, hijacked the room microphone and started up a hentai sound-effects contest, with folks lining up for their turn at a round of applause, boos, or whatever........ by this point, any sense of decorum left had been thoroughly annihilated and left smoldering for dead in a back dumpster.

In the middle of this, in wanders Otakon's official (at the time) game show host and line entertainer, still in his official funny furry hat.

"[Name]!! Thank goodness you're here! We need some entertainment, and we need it now--the DVD isn't here!"

"Actually, I'm just looking for my [one pre-teen, one teen] daughters, have you seen them?"

" :blink: . . . You DO realize that this is now the Hentai Theater, right?"

"Oops, nope, not here, then.... [turns to leave]"

"WAIT WAITWAIT!!!! We need some entertainment here; the DVD went MIA!!!!"

He turns around, and stands silently, watching a mix of the shadow puppetry and the sound-effects contest for about a minute, with a blank expression. Then he shrugs......... "They're doing a heck of a lot better than anything I can do." He exits.

:blink:^_^

Back when Otakon still actually publicized itself and was growing, I took a poster for Otakon into one of the local Asian supermarkets (H-Mart, or Han ah Reum). I ask for the manager to ask permission to post it on their community bulletin board--a board where half the notices are in Korean.

I found myself trying to explain to this befuddled, bewildered manager just what Otakon was. I might as well have had a poster advocating the replacement of zirconium on Planet X94-Zyklos with cottage cheese by means of Ilidium Q-36 space modulators, for all the sense I seemed to be making to him...... I was explaining what a convention was, what anime was..... I wonder if he had a television at home.

A ttenaged bagger of obviously Asian heritage walked past us, and the poster caught his eye:

"OOOOOH!!!!!! OTAKON!!!!!!!!!! WHEN IS IT?!?!?!?" he interrupts. Before I can answer, he's calling to another young bagger: "HEY, [name], IT'S OTAKON!!!" Second bagger dashes from her post, calls to a third one, who dashes over..........

Manager stares at frenzied employees blankly for about ten seconds, and then turns to me and says, "Okay, put it up."

In the middle of the bridge across the street on the 300 level mid-Saturday, a middle-aged woman with glasses and no con badge stops this staffer with hi-viz vest and three radios:

Excuse me, can you tell me where Otakon is?"

:D

"What?!?!?!?"

"I said, can you tell me where in the convention center this Otakon.... thing is taking place?"

:blink:

Last year I was cosplaying as Kaname Kuran (with red eye contacts) and was standing in line at an Auntie Annies in the Harbor Mall. A hunched-over old women walks up to me, pulls her cell phone out, takes a picture, and walks away - without saying a word. I was like, :D

In 2007 I was cosplaying as Aeris from FF7, with her long pole weapon. I needed to deposit my paycheck so I run across the street to the Bank of America. As soon as I stepped foot into the bank, ALL eyes fell onto me......... and heads didn't turn away for a good few minutes. But, I guess that's understandable considering that I was wearing a cosume while carrying a large prop weapon into a bank ^_^

That same year, me and a friend went to McDonalds for breakfast - and of course the whole place was pack full of otaku. While standing in line, a cosplayer dressed like the Burger King walks though the door and stands in line to order food :blink: The McDonalds staff were in tears!

My favorite Otakon story ties into the year that I was a TCG (the old 20 hour guaranteed gofers) back in 2008. It was the most satisfying gofering experience and it is what keeps me as a gofer when many have gone on to other things. I was part of a crew that processed nearly 9,000 people (insert Dragon Ball Z joke here). It was done in literally five hours and not the eight we will have this year. I got stuck being a bag person, which is literally refilling the boxes of bags at stations. It was the longest night of my fannish life. If they let me gofer on Thursday night, I hope I get the opportunity to obliterate 9,000 people processed even though it will be in eight instead of five hours.

I think my favorite Otakon memory was seeing the L'Arc~en~Ciel concert in 2004, because that's what really put my love for Asian music into overdrive. I was crazy for the drummer (Yukihiro) for a few months after that, and I was like.. 9 or 10 years old? Lmao.

What else... I think all my memories are about the concerts really. Last year was my favorite Otakon, but I think this year is shaping up to be even better. But I loved the Kanon Wakeshima concert last year especially, and it was also the first year I brought a friend. I'm bringing her and two others, plus meeting about ten other people for the first time there. I'm so excited! :D^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Let's see.........

Staffing a late-night Hentai room......... back when they were still in a massive "gray area" about checking IDs or not......... I decided to basically be a "show of force" and selectively ask to check IDs of anyone that appeared to be too young. My presence alone scared a few seemingly-underaged people out of the line. :P

Then, as movie time came............. no DVD. Nowhere to be seen.

:D

After a few minutes of frantic radio calls to Con Ops and Video Ops, I had to confront an eager, antsy crowd:

"Folks, we seem to be missing the DVD of the program we were planning to show. While we're waiting for something to arrive from Video Ops--"

Fifty or so DVDs of hentai were instantly, spontaneously, eagerly waved in the air by audience members. A couple even flew through the air and landed at my feet. For all I know, one of them might have been what we were planning to show.

:blink:

"............. I'm sorry, but we haven't screened those for content quality. Please be patient."

:P

The rule was (and probably still is) that we couldn't start a show before its scheduled time--and if you think about it, that's a sensible rule. Imagine showing up at 1 AM to find what you'd hoped to see then half over. So we were stuck. The projector continued to show a blank white light upon the screen, and the crowd, hyper and punchy as it was, started doing hand-shadow routines on the screen light.............. which quickly degenerated into attempts (some even moderately successful) at shadow-portraying explicit activities. I think someone cut out a tentacle prop on the spur of the moment......... :blink:

Somewhere in this insanity, the crowd, spurred on by one effective rabble-rouser, hijacked the room microphone and started up a hentai sound-effects contest, with folks lining up for their turn at a round of applause, boos, or whatever........ by this point, any sense of decorum left had been thoroughly annihilated and left smoldering for dead in a back dumpster.

In the middle of this, in wanders Otakon's official (at the time) game show host and line entertainer, still in his official funny furry hat.

"[Name]!! Thank goodness you're here! We need some entertainment, and we need it now--the DVD isn't here!"

"Actually, I'm just looking for my [one pre-teen, one teen] daughters, have you seen them?"

" :blink: . . . You DO realize that this is now the Hentai Theater, right?"

"Oops, nope, not here, then.... [turns to leave]"

"WAIT WAITWAIT!!!! We need some entertainment here; the DVD went MIA!!!!"

He turns around, and stands silently, watching a mix of the shadow puppetry and the sound-effects contest for about a minute, with a blank expression. Then he shrugs......... "They're doing a heck of a lot better than anything I can do." He exits.

:blink::D