Since registration for the masquerade starts next week, I was wondering if the registration forms will be available soon or ahead of time at all?

Thanks

The registration forms will be available when Masquerade registration opens.

Since slots in the Masquerade are limited, it would just cause a lot of problems to open them earlier than announced.

Along these same lines, I just wanted to check about signing up for groups. I know when you have a group for the hall contest, each member has to fill out a separate form. Will it be the same way for Masquerade sign ups? That would make it hard to sign up I think, but I just thought I'd check, just in case! Thanks!

Along these same lines, I just wanted to check about signing up for groups. I know when you have a group for the hall contest, each member has to fill out a separate form. Will it be the same way for Masquerade sign ups? That would make it hard to sign up I think, but I just thought I'd check, just in case! Thanks!

Simply put, no. I can't even think of a way that might possibly work. Having ran HCC for two years, it is a totally different beast when it comes to the manner in which you handle participant data.

The process will go along the lines of:

1. Fill out a form (we'll call Form A) describing your skit, submit

2. Said form will give you a confirmation number (we'll call confirmation number)

3. Go to another form (we'll call Form B) to add a cast member, within 24 hours of completing Form A, using the confirmation number and contact e-mail address you gave in Form A to link back to your skit, submit

4. Repeat step 3 for each additional cast member you have, again within 24 hours of submitting Form A (i.e. if you have 5 cast members, you will have submitted Form B 5 times in total)

5. Wait 3-5 days for a response stating whether you're in, and what registration group you belong to if you are (reserved or overflow)

Your confirmation/acceptance e-mail will contain a 5-digit number called a Skit ID. You will use this number when you check in or if you go through the process above again to update your skit.

There won't be an automated "your entry has been received" e-mail this year, since the only time e-mail will be ever involved is step 5, and I'll be getting everyone's information through a database instead of e-mail.

Edited by Babbit
Why was registration opened early? The website said 12 noon eastern time and when I woke up at 10 am the forms were ready and registration was already opened. It's not really fair to start it early when a different time was posted.
Edited by SecondChild

The form and announcement were made live earlier today because the real life jobs of the web guys would prevent them from accessing the system closer to noon, meaning that the forms wouldn't go live till after they got home from work. Because of this they felt that it would be better to make the forms available a little earlier than the opening time instead of 5-6 hours late. The masquerade staff have clarified that any submissions made before noon on June 25th will need to be resubmitted after the official opening time.

Also I wanted to clarify something about the confirmation e-mail that is sent when you fill out the Designated Contact form. Please keep in mind that the nature of this automatically generated e-mail is to just confirm that we received your submission and for you to double check that the information on it is accurate. That e-mail should NOT be considered as a message indicating that your skit has been accepted/approved. A separate e-mail will be sent by Otakon's Masquerade staff indicating approval.

Argh, I fall asleep for 5 hours and boom.

I was literally on my way home last night from work when I found out the announcement was made. Being 2:30 am EDT, there wasn't anyone to fix it at that point. So I made it a point to contact everyone until it was fixed.

Anyone who submitted forms all the way up to 6 am got a response within minutes, but after that fatigue kicked in, so the next rounds didn't go out until about 11:30.

To clarify, anyone who submitted anything before noon will have to submit it again. This includes partipant information.

Argh, I fall asleep for 5 hours and boom.

I was literally on my way home last night from work when I found out the announcement was made. Being 2:30 am EDT, there wasn't anyone to fix it at that point. So I made it a point to contact everyone until it was fixed.

Anyone who submitted forms all the way up to 6 am got a response within minutes, but after that fatigue kicked in, so the next rounds didn't go out until about 11:30.

To clarify, anyone who submitted anything before noon will have to submit it again. This includes partipant information.

Alright, reg has been open for exactly 1 or so minutes. Sorry to the person who submitted at 11:58, that's still early in my book.

Again, thanks everyone for your patience. Anyone who submits today should have a response by the end of the day on Monday.

Please note that I won't send out "I have received your form" e-mails from this point onward, just confirmations. The ones I sent prior to registration were for courtesy's sake so people could still have a chance to get their skit in.

Edited by Babbit

Well I just submitted my contact form. I sent it in about 10 seconds after it became 12 PM just be safe. I didn't want to send it in and their clocks be a few seconds different and then it be like SORRY YOU SENT YOUR FORMS IN ABOUT THREE SECONDS TOO SOON LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Now I get to work on particpant forms again... Yay... :]

Edited by AngelFeathers
Alright, reg has been open for exactly 1 or so minutes. Sorry to the person who submitted at 11:58, that's still early in my book.

Again, thanks everyone for your patience. Anyone who submits today should have a response by the end of the day on Monday.

Please note that I won't send out "I have received your form" e-mails from this point onward, just confirmations. The ones I sent prior to registration were for courtesy's sake so people could still have a chance to get their skit in.

Edited by SecondChild

ALL the Masquerade staff people,

Thank you for your assistance.

I could finally fill the form and now I am waiting for 3 to 5 days.

I just wanted to thank you here so the other people know your hard work and helping heart.

Thank you.

mikarin