• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bringing my boyfriend, my sister, and one of my friends. I always go to cons with my sis and boyfriend tho, I can't imagine a con without either of them!

I'm bringing my mom. :wub: It's my first con, and she wanted to tag along. She really enjoys anime. We watch it together all the time. It should be an experience, since she knows next to nothing of the fannish subculture outside of what I've told her. I'll probably be doing a lot of explaining and character spotting (telling her who is who). I'll be in costume too, so it should be fun. Not sure if she'll go to any of the meets I will be going to, but she might tag along(she'll probably be the one holding my camera most of the time).

But yeah, I hope to make some buddies this year so when I come next I won't be so on my own. :D

Edited by TheSilentSenshi

Things have resolved between my son and me (rebellious thirteen year olds!), so I'm bringing my son with me.

Things have resolved between my son and me (rebellious thirteen year olds!), so I'm bringing my son with me.

Lol rawr wait till hes 18 he may end up like me XD

at least u dont think the con is childish like my father does

hehe It sounds like everyone has people to keep em entertained

Me, Myself, and I.... x.x

Though I'm meeting up with friends while down there. So, I'll only be lonely for a bit. :D

CT

Last year, I spent it with my boyfriend, but he wants to go with his brother this year. ;-; I hope I'll at least get to see him for a bit while there though.

But I'll be hanging with my friend NY and another friend from VA. I'm sure I'll bump into other friends along the way too.

I'm taking my oldest daughter since her spoken Japanese is better than mine. We're flying in from Seattle on August 7th.

We're meeting up that night with a friend flying in from Puerto Rico - who is also bringing three of his other friends with him. ^-^

peace

I'm coming along with one of my best friends, but am rooming with two friends from my anime club, one of my room mates from last year, a few on line friends and several others that have similar interests. But I always run into other friends and people from prior years, so technically I'm never alone. :)

I'm coming with the same woman I've been going down to Otakon with since 2002. The difference is, this year she's going as my wife :)

As always we will meat up with our friends in Baltimore for the weekend.

Congrats!

I typically come with my girlfriend, and another friend or two to meet up with several others while we're there. Typically find a new hotel party each evening and make a few new friends. :-)

What? you think you get time off?

This is Guest Relations, boyo! NO TIME OFF! :)

(someone has to help me get these people to go to bed before I fall over at 3am)

I think it's great that a lot of you go to the con with your moms and dads. my mom, however has actually told me that otakon is a freak show and thinks that I should give up anime since I'm 24 years old now. she considers it something for children [or adults who act like children] regardless of how many times I've explained things to her. oh well. I just wish I had a more open-minded parent......

but I will be going to otakon with friends as usual. some that i go to college with and others from my local anime club in washington, dc

Edited by Duelistbluerose

I'm only bringing my brother this year. D:

I hope to have a bigger group next year.

I'm travelling down with my best friend, her husband, his twin sister, her two friends from NYC, our two friends who are bf/gf, the gf's sister. Yep. They're attendees so I don't see them much once we get to the con except for our Eastern Seaboard trek down, every now and then during the con, and our traditional Monday California Pizza Kitchen lunch before leaving for home. Other than that, I spend my entire weekend with the Exhibitions Staff. ^^

More than likely with the same person I've gone with for 3 years(my cosplay buddy), and my sister and other best friend.

I room every year with the same people. It's kind of funny since the manner of how we met, an anime chatroom on an program called Palace, doesn't really exist anymore, but we continue to have our annual meeting (and we come from all over the country). I enjoy seeing them probably more then the actual con, to be honest.

I room every year with the same people. It's kind of funny since the manner of how we met, an anime chatroom on an program called Palace, doesn't really exist anymore, but we continue to have our annual meeting (and we come from all over the country). I enjoy seeing them probably more then the actual con, to be honest.

I'll be going with a friend coming down from Canada to be in the Artist Alley, and another friend who just moved to DC is going to be there too.

Of course, I doubt I'll see much of them once the con starts. I hardly ever make it to the convention center during the weekend.

I think it's great that a lot of you go to the con with your moms and dads. my mom, however has actually told me that otakon is a freak show and thinks that I should give up anime since I'm 24 years old now. she considers it something for children [or adults who act like children] regardless of how many times I've explained things to her. oh well. I just wish I had a more open-minded parent......
Guest Nezumi

This is my first Otakon, and I have a whole entourage flying out from Seattle with me! ^_~

My roommate, my sister (and possibly her boyfriend), and two boys from my anime club are all going. Plus I'm meeting up with someone there. It should be a busy weekend...@_@

Since 2005, when I first went, I've been making the pilgrimage from Maine to Maryland with my best friend, Tous. After the first year, we started bringing some of our otaku friends. Should be four of us this year. Plus, my cousin always comes down by himself or with some friends, so I can meet up with him as well. It's always a blast!

but I will be going to otakon with friends as usual. some that i go to college with and others from my local anime club in washington, dc

Normally, I'd go down with my best friend but he forgot to get the time off from work this year and at this point he's pretty sure that he can no longer get the time off. (d'oh!)

Most of my other friends and family don't like Anime enough to go to a convention.

So it looks like I'm on my own this year. :(

Edited by bayp

That's awful. :( I disagree about finding an anime that's "funny". I think that would cement it into her mind. Maybe something more serious like Grave of the Fireflies or the Kenshin OAV would work? That is definitely not a kid's show.

Yeah, I really lucked out. I went to college for animation and my mom supported me 100%. She even helped me with my projects. I'm really glad she can make it. We'll be driving up together and staying at a relatives over night. She even suggested(jokingly) she could try and dress up as Muraki from Descendents of Darkness (a fave anime of hers).

Heck she has contributed more anime into my/our collection than I could have ever afforded on my own. (Currently she is diligently pre-ordering and following Naruto and patiently waiting for Season 2 boxset of Bleach). My dad on the other hand always says my grandfather would be rolling in his grave. Meh. I put on Death Note one time when he was over and it totally freaked him out. So funny. :D

/ends off topic tangent

My mom, however has actually told me that otakon is a freak show and thinks that I should give up anime since I'm 24 years old now.

And .....?

Timing worked great for me, but not for others, so will be heading up alone (unless I get a slug) again this year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.