• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, technically i am going all by my lonesome self. the original people i was going to go with either stopped talking to me, and one moved to CHICAGO, so i was left all alone *cries*. but my older brother is going to room with me in the hotel and drive me since i'm underge. at the actual convention i plan on gofering, but when i'm not donig that hopefully i'll be with my best friend who's going with her entire family!

I'm going with my pal and that it. Neither of us have been to Otakon since 2000 so the increased attendance since then should be an interesting shock.

Hmm...This year I'll be accompanied by my sister (of course), and quite a few friends. A majority of them I'll be meeting up there but :D still hanging out with them there so...(trails off)....

change of plans, most likely i will be rooming iwth one of my old friends from middle school. we originally going to room together, but then she like dropped off the face of the planet so i thought she wasn't going. i was wrong. today she texted me asking if we were still roomies cause her mom was ooking the room, so lnog as i pay for one night.

but i feel kinda bad since my brother was nice enough to say he would stay with me ..>.<

I'll be going by myself, like I have been doing ever since my very first Otakon in 2001. I have been trying to get one of my brothers to go with me to Otakon ever since 2003, he likes anime and I've been trying my hardest to get him to go to Otakon.

Well, so far I'm going with my classmate & his best friend going for their 1st anime con ever, a friend of 3 years going to Otakon for the 1st time whose been to AnimeNext & my best friend who hasn't been to Otakon since '04. Someone might be added, who knows, however I'll have an interesting group going with me this year, that's for sure.

Won't see them for over 1/2 the con anyway being a TCG, except for the last one who I've convinced to sign up as a Gofer :P None of my friends have ever Gofered before, this will make for an interesting con, I can't wait :P

Going with about 6 friends, most of which I met while in high school, and 2 guys I've never met before (friends of a friend). To be honest I'm trying to cut that number down a little. It's not that I don't want any of them to come, but things start to become a little cumbersome. I've given an ultimatum; everyone must pre-register, and they must do it by a certain time which is coming up soon. Some of my friends are absent-minded like I am, so I should be able to kick a few to the curb with that stipulation.

Edited by Solid Slap

Short of hopefully running into people I might know, I'm goin solo. And then likely throwing myself into staff like stuff as much as possible to occupy my time. ^_^ Maybe I can make more friends with people who roam the streets of Baltimore at night too!

I'll be rolling with 11 of my closest friends. On top of that we'll be meeting some friends down there too. We'll be a large group in 2008. We're raiding Inner Harbor (WoW Reference) I wonder if the Ota Staff drops any good loot?

I know attending the con is a major part of... well... the con lol

but as we all know the people who come with are also a big part

So who are you bringing along???

Going down with the usual suspects. My boyfriend, his two brothers, and our friend. Won't get to see our other friend cause she's in China this year. Court we love you see you at AUSA. ^.^

I'll be rolling with 11 of my closest friends. On top of that we'll be meeting some friends down there too. We'll be a large group in 2008. We're raiding Inner Harbor (WoW Reference) I wonder if the Ota Staff drops any good loot?

This will be my first Otakon and my original anime club kicked me out a couple of weeks ago (still waiting for an explanation on that one...). I guess I will be spending this con with whoever wants to pose in front of my camera... I could always use a new friend or two. Snatch me up if you need the company :)

I am going with my best friend and around... 20 other people I don't exactly know. XD This year is going to be awesome! Sharing a bed with two to three other girls would be especially fun. jk... or am I? >.>

But yeah, just my friend and twenty others I don't know.

This Otakon will be a happy reunion of myself and hopefully 2 of my good friends from home, A couple of others that I will be picking up on the way down and meeting the Canadian Contingent that shares the room with us. The more the more fun. Never quite know how many people are going to be in my room until they all get there haha.

and I love making new friends from all over so don't be shy and say hi.

This Otakon will be a happy reunion of myself and hopefully 2 of my good friends from home, A couple of others that I will be picking up on the way down and meeting the Canadian Contingent that shares the room with us. The more the more fun. Never quite know how many people are going to be in my room until they all get there haha.

and I love making new friends from all over so don't be shy and say hi.

Well I know that I am going with one of my good friends. Originally another of my friends was coming. She came with me to Otakon last year, but this year she decided to pass and so I am going with another of my friends. Still trying to see if I can bug a co-worker or friend to come along. We'll be traveling from NYC and this is my second Otakon, while this is my friend's first Otakon.

I remember making friends randomly online last year while waiting for signarture from seiyuu's...

Edited by animemiz

Well, my fiance and I will be attending and traveling/rooming with 3 friends from Pittsburgh area. We are meeting up with a bunch of other people, so total we could be in one big group of around 15, but usually we all split off and do our own things. :D

I will be going with my boyfriend .... lol its so funny he never went to a con before he meet me and didn't even know what anime was until we got together so this will be his 4th otakon and my 10th. and i hope to meet up with alot of my frinds that will be there as well B)

I'm only going with my brother, but we'll be at a cosplay gathering every day of the con. xD

So, it won't just be us the entire time.

Im going with my six friends. Four of us will be in one car and three in another. The ones that are four in one car, it will be our second time to otakon. The other three will be there first time. Im so excited. We will hopefully eat out together and see a lot of stuff. And also go to each hotel to play games.

Well I'm bring my Boyfriend of 3 years ((this will be his second Otakon)), My 2 best friends ((one will be her 2nd otakon and 1 will be her first)) and I will be meeting up with 4 of my other friends who are staying in a hotel together ((they used to stay with me...but now there is no room))

I'm coming down with three people to start. The bass player of my band, who couldn't afford to go last year but I convinced her to go this year (yay!) and two of her friends. One of them I know 'cause he's standing in for her in a show we're doing on Monday so he's cool. Dunno the other but all her friends are cool so I'm not worried.

And we'll be rooming with some of the guys I roomed with last year (I know two from last year are definitely going 'cause they've been coordinating the room, dunno how many others from the room last year will be going). Plus I'll be meeting another good friend I spent a lot of time with last year after meeting him in line for Half Blood Prince at the book store :P Good times.

I see a lot of people mentioning they're coming alone. That was me last year, my first Otakon and my friend dropped out on me last minute (I saw people mentioning THAT a few times too) but don't worry. You can meet amazing people like I did and have a blast and just have others to meet up with next year! I'll be cosplaying Lucky Star alllll weekend so if you see Akira, Konata or Haruhi Suzumiya Konata, that's me. Pull me aside and demand I hang out with you ^_^

And while reading some of the post responses to my boyfriend, I half-heartedly voiced how I wish he was coming with me (he's a dork to be sure, just not an anime one, so I pretty much never expected him to come with me) and he actually said if he wasn't starting his new job on the 8th he would have like to come with me *squeeee!* so it looks like I'll be adding his name to next year's list!

Actually it turns out I'll be solo... my friend dropped out at the last minute.. will be walking around attending scheduled events or roaming around playing cosplay photographer. Will be making notes from the events to do a con report.

I do know friends, so I will be hanging with them at some events.. so say hi.. because I am certain I'll be bouncing all over the place.

My Mom and Me always go, it's our vacation, she being an old school anime fan, me being the japanese pop culture person.

and I usually bring my friend Julia, this'll be her third year with me !

and now I got a properly working portable DVD player unlike last year, that'll make the car ride a lot more fun !

Whoa this is my...fourth Otakon (I didn't go last year) and like almost my 20th or so con, I forget I lost count!

But anywho I'll be going with whoever I end up rooming with (I have to pick who, I don't really want to room with strangers) and probably hanging out with my friends who I haven't seen since last year..yea it's been that long since I went to a con geez.

I'm surprised I'm even going this year. We didn't get a hotel until today..and it was really cheap too, so yay! I'm going with my girlfriend(she went last year and it was only the two of us), my friend Sharkzilla(who hasn't missed an Otakon since 2000), and my other friend who went to 2005-2006. I'm surprised that we're all going though, as only myself and the girlfriend were the only people interested before this week. :) Looking forward to seeing all the Otaku again. :)

I'm "officially" going alone. A bunch of people I know/friends will be there, but there's no one I'm going to meet up and hang around with the whole time I'm there. I'm a bit nervous, as I'm socially stupid when I'm alone, but I'll deal :)

I'm coming along with one of my best friends, but am rooming with two friends from my anime club, one of my room mates from last year, a few on line friends and several others that have similar interests. But I always run into other friends and people from prior years, so technically I'm never alone. ;)
Edited by Tareei

Well... I'm not quite bringing anyone...

I'm being brought! :)

My bestest friend is a seasoned Otaku, so she invited me... then I met this great guy...

And since we're dating, I'm dragging him along!

So, technically speaking here...

My bestest is bringing 2 newbies!

(Everyone, wish her LOTS of luck!!)

All my friends had to drop out this year so I'm going by myself. This will be the first time I go to Otakon alone so I'm a little nervous. I'm gonna try my best to make a bunch of friends there though. I think it's always better when you have people to laugh and have fun with.

This year I'll be bringing two newbies...my bestest (Ai-neko) and her boyfriend. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet up with some old friends from cons passed and meet some new ones. I'm so glad to be going back since I missed 2007. :)

I'm going with one of my best friends. We usually flail over the same things so it will be a lot of fun.

In 2005 it was just me and my friend Jason. In 2006 and 2007 we brought along another friend. This year there are four of us.

Eventually the entire state of Maine will cram into my car and make the pilgrimage to Otakon. =0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.