Lol its ok excuse my squareness..am I a fan...yes...do I create wank never..but yeah love them all though I must say I think the majority or Korean bands sound better! Like I mean JE wise I'm all for Kanjani and their funny and NEWS and there...them and V6 all the way..but man DBSK...man..Shinwha!...old school H.O.T...I've even begun to love Big Bang *points to signature*..SuJu has there fun moments but only a few are powerful singers..and lets not forgot SS501, I think Noel is defunct...and...A'ST1...and just a dash of Battle! :(

I love and listen to all the boy bands mentioned up above, along with a couple other ones, but I just wanted to say my definate faves are Shinhwa, DBSK, and Arashi! Super Junior is great as well!

Shinhwa! They best come out with another album after the rest come out of the military..which isn't yet..thank god.

I don't care if it's boy bands, jrock, whatever... as long as it's good music. That said, the "boy bands" I'm into are hardly boys any more: SMAP, Lazy, Arashi, V6... I think Tulip might even fall into that catagory, although they were "boys" way back in the 70s. ;)

By the way, what does "JE" stand for?

peace

I agree good music should be listened to no matter what it's called! That includes if it has a message or is just mindless pop.

I agree, if it's good music I will listen to it, no matter what genre it is.

I can't wait for the members of Shinhwa to get back from the military...I still need to pick up vol 9, and vol 7 (Brand New) which I'm having trouble finding ANYWHERE.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol its ok excuse my squareness..am I a fan...yes...do I create wank never..but yeah love them all though I must say I think the majority or Korean bands sound better! Like I mean JE wise I'm all for Kanjani and their funny and NEWS and there...them and V6 all the way..but man DBSK...man..Shinwha!...old school H.O.T...I've even begun to love Big Bang *points to signature*..SuJu has there fun moments but only a few are powerful singers..and lets not forgot SS501, I think Noel is defunct...and...A'ST1...and just a dash of Battle! :(

I love and listen to all the boy bands mentioned up above, along with a couple other ones, but I just wanted to say my definate faves are Shinhwa, DBSK, and Arashi! Super Junior is great as well!

Shinhwa! They best come out with another album after the rest come out of the military..which isn't yet..thank god.

I don't care if it's boy bands, jrock, whatever... as long as it's good music. That said, the "boy bands" I'm into are hardly boys any more: SMAP, Lazy, Arashi, V6... I think Tulip might even fall into that catagory, although they were "boys" way back in the 70s. ;)

peace

I didn't know all of them are in the military now o:

Moon hee jun came back from the military last year ya? I'm glad he did cuz the music he has out now is still amazing.

He lost some weight though ;; and he looked more tired than ever when I saw him.

I didn't know all of them are in the military now o:

Moon hee jun came back from the military last year ya? I'm glad he did cuz the music he has out now is still amazing.

He lost some weight though ;; and he looked more tired than ever when I saw him.

peace

I agree good music should be listened to no matter what it's called! That includes if it has a message or is just mindless pop.

I can't wait for the members of Shinhwa to get back from the military...I still need to pick up vol 9, and vol 7 (Brand New) which I'm having trouble finding ANYWHERE.

Yesasia doesn't have them anymore?..At least Hye Sung isn't going at all....Andy, JunJin and Eric will at the end of the year.

Yesasia has a reissue and international version of vol 9 and vol 7....well...just isnt there for some reason.

I just bought all the albums for Epik High...what a great band they are!!! (Another reason I love korean artists...their albums are wayyyy cheaper than japanese albums)

Edited by Shiro420

peace

I still don't have all 4 of those packages sadly ;;

SM releases so many stuff my collection o_x is still incomplete

Epik high + 1tym= hiphop boybands? haha.. not really but hey. =p

One is addicting, srsly.

There hasn't been anything recent from 1tym but at least we see Teddy in Taeyang's mv^^;

Edited by lambogirl

peace

Yesasia doesn't have them anymore?..At least Hye Sung isn't going at all....Andy, JunJin and Eric will at the end of the year.

Yesasia has a reissue and international version of vol 9 and vol 7....well...just isnt there for some reason.

I just bought all the albums for Epik High...what a great band they are!!! (Another reason I love korean artists...their albums are wayyyy cheaper than japanese albums)

Lord yes! Epik High...I love 1TYM too but I don't think they'd really like to be called a boyband :/..but Koreans can get tricky with there repackaging..yes I'm talking to you SM with your 4 "O" repackages.

Notice I said band ^_~ not boyband, even if this is the boyband topic LOL

JTL and H.O.T and G.O.D were all bands I started listening to shortly after I found Shinhwa (yes...I just randomly picked up their....vol 2, T.O.P. and I didnt even listen to Korean music at the time, but I instantly fell in love when I listened to that album) and I really enjoyed all of them....too bad those three are defunct now xD

I'm also about to pick up Super Junior M (the chinese super junior team) that just came out with an album I think

I'm always looking for great new music.... who is O? ;)

Edited by Shiro420

Yeah that year my sister got all 4....

Isn't someone in the military in 1TYM?

It's ok we've randomly talked about solo artists too.

O is an album from DSBK like when I say their "O" era meaning they way they dressed, things they did and products they released around that album.

I still stand by my point that from a musical stand point Americans would enjoy Korean music over Taiwanese and Japanese. Though I lovingly listen to all 3.

It's ok we've randomly talked about solo artists too.

O is an album from DSBK like when I say their "O" era meaning they way they dressed, things they did and products they released around that album.

I still stand by my point that from a musical stand point Americans would enjoy Korean music over Taiwanese and Japanese. Though I lovingly listen to all 3.

Same here....why deprive yourself of good music..

Ah, I only have DBSK's first album Tri-Angle

Is their newer music really good?

lucky. ;; I don't why but getting the O album with the vacation dvd seemed pointless to me.. besides the colorful dorky photo shoot of the guys with balloons all over the place.

yeah Jin Hwan is in the military.

@shiro: O is the name of a song lol. O by dbsk :]

hmm at least sohn ho young from G.O.D is still doing stuff?^^; such a hyper man xD

woahh you haven't been listening to dbsk's newer stuff? DD8 *shoves Rising Sun, O, & Purple Line in your face*

anyone like shinee? they're getting younger and younger..

Edited by lambogirl

Well I mean they have their Japanese stuff which is good, it just doesn't seem...IDK as powerful as their Korean releases, but it's a more mellow r&b vibe I feel..the like giant amount of singles they releases recently I really like and Purple line was in Korean too so I like....

lucky. ;; I don't why but getting the O album with the vacation dvd seemed pointless to me.. besides the colorful dorky photo shoot of the guys with balloons all over the place.

hmm at least sohn ho young from G.O.D is still doing stuff?^^; such a hyper man xD

woahh you haven't been listening to dbsk's newer stuff? DD8 *shoves Rising Sun, O, & Purple Line in your face*

Yeah for awhile there all my money went to paying bills and tuition for college...the epik high volumes i just bought are the newest cd's I've had in about...I dunno...6-8 months xD So I'll definately be sure to check DBSK's newer stuff out!

I'm also into Big Bang, and I'm not sure if they'd be considered boy band, but EXILE from Japan is really good as well

Edited by Shiro420

^ No go ahead and call them a boyband it's fine..I mean they very much so have boyband like qualities..they just have a rapper that seems..IDK but yeah call them a boyband.

I'd definitely call Exile a boyband.. not like it's a bad thing.

@grey: dbsk's recent japanese songs are becoming better (compared to heart,mind&soul @_@)

I really enjoyed the TRICK singles and their new single どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう

ahh haha yeah SHINee has their own fashion designer x: I can't help but to like them.. SM has that effect on me unfortunately ==;

Big Bang.. man. Are they trying to break out in Japan too? (engrish songs always work :()

Edited by lambogirl

ooooooooooooOoOoO!

Their voices have really dropped, I love how their sound have evolved!

Man, M-Flo is the master of Engrish! xD

Edited by Shiro420
ooooooooooooOoOoO!

ooooooooooooOoOoO!

lol what were you listening to shiro?

M-Flo really are xD;

though Teriyaki boyz kind of disappoint me..

I was listening To Dragon Rise and O (as I said I only own and have listened to their first album) and they sound great, I can't believe how many singles they put out though!! its crazy!!

I feel the same way about Teriyaki Boyz, but another good Engrish rapper is Mo Diggy from SOUL'D OUT!

Dragon rise???

wow haha you need to catch up~

yeah he's great. I also like Heartdales but I have no idea what happened to them :(

sorry to switch up the topic but anyone notice how korean girlbands are kinda fail?

like Kirots and their song 'Frog cake song' x: lmao

I-13 was okay..

I still think no one beats SES.

Didn't one of the guys in M-flo go to an International H.S.? That's why is English is so good.

No I don't think Big Bang is trying to break into Japan, if they are I don't think it'd be any time soon.

The Grace/CSJH are great just bad promotion...Jewelry <3 them too, SNSD I just..I mean I'm not sure, Wonder Girls catchy but no that great and their vocals kinda suck.

I enjoy female pop groups from any where A. if they can catch my attention and B. if they have decent vocals.

S.E.S was very good, but sometimes the high pitch killed me so I prefer them all separate. SM town has had some really good girl groups but they just fail horribly with promotion so in the end the groups fail :(....

Japan on the other hand...how do we feel about theses girl groups? Old school and the newer ones? (I'll put my input in later ;))

para para phenomenon?

Hinoi Team..... I love their "EURO EURO" songs. x:

uhh that one group Berry Koubou? (are they hello!project too? @@)

btw when you mentioned how Americans would prefer korean music over j-pop.. it's funny cuz it reminded me when my friend's class had a international project she chose to show a Big Bang video.. while another student showed Miyavi, Utada mvs. The class ended up yelling out things "turn that crap off!" or mocking the videos x: but once the Big Bang video came on people started dancing or saying "that sh-- was hot!" ... I think it's strange I thought people would be looking at the videos in a racist POV (since well.. no one really sees Asians as artists here .__.) {or possibly people in my school prefer the hiphop x:}

Edited by lambogirl
para para phenomenon?

Hinoi Team..... I love their "EURO EURO" songs. x:

uhh that one group Berry Koubou? (are they hello!project too? @@)

btw when you mentioned how Americans would prefer korean music over j-pop.. it's funny cuz it reminded me when my friend's class had a international project she chose to show a Big Bang video.. while another student showed Miyavi, Utada mvs. The class ended up yelling out things "turn that crap off!" or mocking the videos x: but once the Big Bang video came on people started dancing or saying "that sh-- was hot!" ... I think it's strange I thought people would be looking at the videos in a racist POV (since well.. no one really sees Asians as artists here .__.) {or possibly people in my school prefer the hiphop x:}

Dragon rise???

yeah he's great. I also like Heartdales but I have no idea what happened to them :(

sorry to switch up the topic but anyone notice how korean girlbands are kinda fail?

I-13 was okay..

Unfortunately Heartsdales just broke up, and they were a really good duo as well. Candy Pop was the first song I heard from them to xD

I try to get some of my friends to listen to japanese music and they cant stand it for some reason. Alot of people arent very open-minded when it comes to that sort of stuff. But I did play M-flo once and they actually liked it (I guess, as you said, its the whole hip-hop R&B thing that they like).

I love the beats on Shinhwa's 8th vol, very cool!

Tommy February and (was it Tommy Airplane?) is also a very cool band that I like, that have a very britpop feel to it dont they?

I haven't really listened to that many girl bands from Korea (as you said...I really just dont see them getting enough advertisements so I havent caught any good ones to give a listen to) Any suggestions?

Edited by Shiro420

oh srsly? I didn't know they broke up :(

I think with japanese music it's just the whole pop factor that bothers americans. (I must admit the pop factor got a bit too much for me.. that's why I slowly went to Kpop+J-rock instead)

I feel a bit slow with Shinhwa I only have their Brand New album TT TT but man oh man if I could see Minwoo again.. *o*

I thought Tommy February was just a solo artist? (The french+japanese mixed girl right?)

You haven't listened to any girl bands hmm.. I'd recommend The Grace, Wondergirls, SNSD, & Jewelry

man I need to remember to edit quickly ==;;

but I forgot to mention KARA!

I meant to say Finkl was the best girlgroup not SES.. however SES is pretty good too.

You know when a'st1 came out I never really paid attention cuz I kept looking more at SHINee.. "1,2,3,4 back" sounds so plain.. *just listened to them* maybe it'll be a while til I get into them @_@;

Dragon rise???

yeah he's great. I also like Heartdales but I have no idea what happened to them :angry:

I-13 was okay..

Unfortunately Heartsdales just broke up, and they were a really good duo as well. Candy Pop was the first song I heard from them to xD

I try to get some of my friends to listen to japanese music and they cant stand it for some reason. Alot of people arent very open-minded when it comes to that sort of stuff. But I did play M-flo once and they actually liked it (I guess, as you said, its the whole hip-hop R&B thing that they like).

Tommy February and (was it Tommy Airplane?) is also a very cool band that I like, that have a very britpop feel to it dont they?

I haven't really listened to that many girl bands from Korea (as you said...I really just dont see them getting enough advertisements so I havent caught any good ones to give a listen to) Any suggestions?

Edited by greygula

ah man she always looked like she was mixed with European.

I love Battle's new song yet a lot of people argue how their song, Big Bang's and son dambi's all sound too darn familiar @_@;; they really do..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fW5ylJCsJ80

oh srsly? I didn't know they broke up :(

I think with japanese music it's just the whole pop factor that bothers americans. (I must admit the pop factor got a bit too much for me.. that's why I slowly went to Kpop+J-rock instead)

I feel a bit slow with Shinhwa I only have their Brand New album TT TT but man oh man if I could see Minwoo again.. *o*

I thought Tommy February was just a solo artist? (The french+japanese mixed girl right?)

You haven't listened to any girl bands hmm.. I'd recommend The Grace, Wondergirls, SNSD, & Jewelry

I meant to say Finkl was the best girlgroup not SES.. however SES is pretty good too.

You know when a'st1 came out I never really paid attention cuz I kept looking more at SHINee.. "1,2,3,4 back" sounds so plain.. *just listened to them* maybe it'll be a while til I get into them @_@;

Dragon rise???

yeah he's great. I also like Heartdales but I have no idea what happened to them :angry:

I-13 was okay..

Jewelry, The Grace (CSJH) are who I'd advise currently. and I only have one of Fin.Kl's albums.....

No Tommy February was a solo artist as well as Tommy Heavenly6.... being two alter ego's of Tomoko Kawase lead singer of the Brilliant Green..they took alot of their inspiration from british rock so that may be who you mean!

oh srsly? I didn't know they broke up :D

I'm so open to happy music,which I why I think I'm good with Jpop..I mean I listen to British pop so I have too! The only rock I can't stand is screaming stuff.

Tommy is solo but not anymore nor is she half french the only half french girls I can think of are Leah Dizon who is half french-american and Chinese-Filipino and then Erika Sawajiri who is half Japanese and Half Algerian(and they speak french)

Again with SHINee I think its that people find a music company to identify with and that's why people are attracted to one more than the other or first..look at Battle..poor guys but I like their new song ^^

I have to edit this and say I like 7/8 the best when it comes to Shinhwa's albums

And that's why I'm sad I can't find vol 7 anywhere!!! even google shopping doesnt come out with any results. I hope your friend can find a copy for the booth cause I'll definitely buy that!

I'm still shocked about how HARD DBSK works!

Sometimes you have to work hard for fame :/ thank god I've never wanted to be famous ^^

As for the songs sounding the same they have the same producer..so that happens sadly I mean look at the famous producers in the U.S. alot of their songs sound alike especially if there is a "Wave" of their songs.

As for actually buying the album...maybe if ebay and yesasia don't have it..try amazon or I think livejournal has more japanese artist communities but I've seen like SuJu and DBSK there I just know my sister goes to Soompi and Asianfanatics for her news...but if you join one fo the comes sometimes people sell things or you can ask if anyone knows where to find that album.

Sometimes you have to work hard for fame :/ thank god I've never wanted to be famous ^^

As for the songs sounding the same they have the same producer..so that happens sadly I mean look at the famous producers in the U.S. alot of their songs sound alike especially if there is a "Wave" of their songs.

As for actually buying the album...maybe if ebay and yesasia don't have it..try amazon or I think livejournal has more japanese artist communities but I've seen like SuJu and DBSK there I just know my sister goes to Soompi and Asianfanatics for her news...but if you join one fo the comes sometimes people sell things or you can ask if anyone knows where to find that album.

tried those to no avail, but I'll check out the two sites you mentioned.

I have a few friends in Korea but I never thought to ask; how long does one have to serve in the military over there (how long will the members of Shinhwa be in the service?)

Edited by Shiro420

tried those to no avail, but I'll check out the two sites you mentioned.

I have a few friends in Korea but I never thought to ask; how long does one have to serve in the military over there (how long will the members of Shinhwa be in the service?)

@Shiro: I think she can get the cd :angry: we'll have it on hold for you.

that's how being a celebrity works out.. you overwork yourself if you want fame. Just the other day MC Mong was hospitalized because of overworking. ><

Edited by lambogirl
@Shiro: I think she can get the cd :( we'll have it on hold for you.

that's how being a celebrity works out.. you overwork yourself if you want fame. Just the other day MC Mong was hospitalized because of overworking. ><

I will humbly bow before your grace..... XDDD (Shinhwa really is one of my favorite bands)

I'm really looking forward to you and your friends booth because the past couple of years the music at conventions in the dealers room has been.....lacking...to put it kindly.

That is why I'll take my privacy over fame any day :angry:

You know what kills me the most all the car accidents they get in over there, rushing place to place.

Oh and lambogirl a request? One day would you and your friends dress up as DBSK from Balloons? I would die!

I don't really know if he's a part of a boyband, but I really liked Whee Sung on the M-Flo song I'M DA 1, hes got a great voice and just really flows well with Verbal!

He was apart of A4 but yeah M-flo usually gets really good vocalists so I LOVE listening to their collaborations.

He was apart of A4 but yeah M-flo usually gets really good vocalists so I LOVE listening to their collaborations.

AhA ^_~

All of their collaborations are really good...I love the one they do with the Crazy Ken Band! (the one on their inside works best II album)

EMYLI and YOSHIKA are always really good to, as well as Ryohei, LISA, and Emi Hinouichi!

I've been hearing LISA might rejoin the band full-time.

I love "love comes and goes" since it features some of the best ppl they collaborated with.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x44apf_mf...-and-goes_music

thanks for putting this link up! I heard about the new song on their new best of album, but I hadnt heard it yet. I LOVE IT!

I also find it funny that Ryohei is playing the security guard xD

you're not old~

oh man DA PUMP! Of course XD I feel so dumb for not mentioning them D8 I love them *__*

haha Balloons.. you might catch us doing that dance in the hallway if we get bored x:

DA PUMP was so cool back in the day.

Wow. I feel old.

Pssh! You're not allowed to feel old unless you remember Hikaru Genji or Shonentai's old routines. (Which luckily, I don't....)

I remember when DA PUMP put out their first single over 10 years ago. It was SO cheesy that I didn't think they would actually make it big. But they did have a brief period of glory. They were kind of like the 98 Degrees of Japan. Too bad their members these days seem to keep getting into trouble...

I actually have a few of Da Pump's albums xD

What kind of trouble? :)

Yukinari was in trouble for beating his wife. Shinobu had a DUI. Issa has various scandals with various women. There's been talk of break-up of the band for a while now.

Yukinari was in trouble for beating his wife. Shinobu had a DUI. Issa has various scandals with various women. There's been talk of break-up of the band for a while now.

Is it Da Pump..that one of the guys is an ex of an ex of Yampi's that she went back too?
Is it Da Pump..that one of the guys is an ex of an ex of Yampi's that she went back too?

Yeah, Abiru Yuu supposedly went back to Issa. (Though there are rumors that Yamapi dumped her first for various reasons.) But both of them seem to get around. Abiru Yuu also used to go out with Tanaka Koki from KAT-TUN. It was kind of a surprise when she and Yamapi started dating, because he had a good boy image, while her public image is very bad. (However, Yamapi is now supposedly dating a former Egg model, which continues to raise eyebrows.)

I guess it's not boyband related, but did you all hear about the Edison Chen scandal earlier in the year?

^HEC YEAH.

OMG MY EYES. (I saw all the scandal pics XD)

er I heard chen fled out of the country of course.

What a stupid move from Chen first of all, if you're going to have such photos in your computer how about deleting them before sending it to the computer shop >>;