Yeah, DP boys got into trouble. Shinobu left the band because of his DUI. And Issa is a pimp.. scandalous photos, dating models and chicks like Abiru Yuu and Kou Shibasaki (a heck of an actress and singer I must say!). And Yukinari supposedly abused his wife. Ken is the only one who hasn't gotten into any trouble. He seems to be a good husband. :blush: They should just break up. They haven't released anything new together since 2006.

I have so much old DA PUMP stuff... CD's.. DVD's.. Concert Goods.. Books. XD

Very dumb move of Edison..

Edited by DuelNatsuko
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edison was stupid in not deleting it and thinking that no one would care and send it out...but Edison is kinda....well a fame whore, not to mention a seemingly actual whore...but he his a famous young man over their and its not like I didn't expect it...I'd say the Triad over reacted..but you know eh..its them I don't want to say much bad about them even if this is just the internet.

Edison was stupid in not deleting it and thinking that no one would care and send it out...but Edison is kinda....well a fame whore, not to mention a seemingly actual whore...but he his a famous young man over their and its not like I didn't expect it...I'd say the Triad over reacted..but you know eh..its them I don't want to say much bad about them even if this is just the internet.

LOL I hear yah

Other celebrities (regardless what part of the world they are in) should know (from plenty of examples in Hollywood) if you take video or pictures of sexual encounters (especially with as many as Edison took) they ARE going to get out EVENTUALLY.

I always liked his movies too.

Ken was always my fave from Da Pump anyhow, so I'm glad to hear he's not getting into trouble xD

F4 is another good band (can't remember if we mentioned them already)

On a happier note I hope you'll all be able to make it to Edo Sushi!

Edited by Shiro420

I didn't even know there was a sushi place near by lol

yup we spoke of F4 (Vic T___T <33)

My fav was ISSA da pimp heh.

The Edison scandal went on for awhile.. I pity Edison @_@; his career is basically on rock bottom now.

sorry I'm a bit ehh today my brain is dead

topic plz~

The Edison scandal went on for awhile.. I pity Edison @_@; his career is basically on rock bottom now.

topic plz~

I liked his movies, but he did kinda bring that on himself. The one i felt for was Nicholas Tse, who's current girlfriend (wife?) was one of the girls in those pictures. He already has enough trouble getting in those accidents, he really didn't need this as well.

topic plz~

I liked his movies, but he did kinda bring that on himself. The one i felt for was Nicholas Tse, who's current girlfriend (wife?) was one of the girls in those pictures. He already has enough trouble getting in those accidents, he really didn't need this as well.

Yeah I was about to ad I've heard rumors he's be violent to ex girlfriends (Nicholas that is)...

Topic...

Random of the Johnny's, NEWS is my second fav next to V6 and though I really miss Kusono and Uchi, I think their songs are much better now..but that could also be because they are older in age and get better songs/ have better voices?

Random of the Johnny's, NEWS is my second fav next to V6 and though I really miss Kusono and Uchi, I think their songs are much better now..but that could also be because they are older in age and get better songs/ have better voices?

Oh no I didn't say they were good singers, just that they sound better with age because with age comes..well hopefully practice..one would hope at least. Yeah, Moriuchi/Taka of One Ok Rock yeah? I really enjoy that group even if my sisters says from a distance it sounds like a Japanese Melissa Etheridge. :D

Sounds so bad to say that I've always disliked Ryo well too me it sounds horrible becuase it's not like I know him but he's always rubbed me the wrong way, and as for being a mediocore singer I agree but if he can act then that's, so you can actual be famous for an actual talent...not that that would matter to any of them.

I'll say I heart a little Tegomass a little.

Well right now I'm only on the three dramas in my sig, but I thought of catching it, since thank god so far I haven't had any abusing experiences but I see how those things can seem.idk the word; real, no no, traumatic..I think is a better word.

But sorry back to topic ~

I'll call AAA a semi boyband as they also have two girls now..so did anyone catch that concert?

Oh no I didn't say they were good singers, just that they sound better with age because with age comes..well hopefully practice..one would hope at least. Yeah, Moriuchi/Taka of One Ok Rock yeah? I really enjoy that group even if my sisters says from a distance it sounds like a Japanese Melissa Etheridge. :D

Sounds so bad to say that I've always disliked Ryo well too me it sounds horrible becuase it's not like I know him but he's always rubbed me the wrong way, and as for being a mediocore singer I agree but if he can act then that's, so you can actual be famous for an actual talent...not that that would matter to any of them.

I'll say I heart a little Tegomass a little.

Well right now I'm only on the three dramas in my sig, but I thought of catching it, since thank god so far I haven't had any abusing experiences but I see how those things can seem.idk the word; real, no no, traumatic..I think is a better word.

But sorry back to topic ~

I'll call AAA a semi boyband as they also have two girls now..so did anyone catch that concert?

The one at Otakon? I was there ^_^ they did a great job! I bought their first album too, but since a bunch of people were waiting on me, I wasnt able to stick around and get their autographs. It's a shame to, because they all seemed pretty cool

Yeah I went to the concert! Loved it! Full of energy and it was nice they tired to talk to us. :D

yeah AAA is sort of a boyband. I really wanted to meet Nissy .__. I wasn't able to attend Otakon last year which really upset me ;; The concert was good ya?

I didn't even know Target sold AAA's cd til the other day kinda freaked me out D8

When that happens it is so weird..WAL-MART randomly sold a KAT-TUN album on their website maybe a year or so ago.

Yeah AAA was good that's why I'd prefer up beat pop acts,..the funniest part was when Misako kinda asked us to go buy the Grudge 2 on DVD. :P

ahh Japanese companies are taking over America!

LOL why did she ask you to do that? XD

Anyone plan to sing any boyband/girlband songs @ karaoke? :]

Because she's in it.

I'm so nervous at karaoke even watching other people but I'm going to try and make it. to watch.

woah srsly? I had no idea.. that's awesome XD haha shameless advertising to random people ftw!

why be nervous? ^^;

hmm my friends and I might be performing @ karaoke. (possibly to the most hippiest song ever.. Hi YA YA ... old I know --; We decided not to do Balloons since that song seems to be overdone at many cons O_o or maybe Suju *shrug* [i dont even know if they accept korean songs DD8]

Edited by lambogirl

I know right? Everyone got a giggle out of it even her.

Well they play Korean films at Otakon but musically speaking I'm not sure, it'd be nice but realistically Korean songs aren't in anime, or on the charts, Korean artists may be but I'm like 90% sure no song, sung in Korean has been on the charts and conventions are more about Japanese media/culture than the rest of Asia

yeah AAA is sort of a boyband. I really wanted to meet Nissy .__. I wasn't able to attend Otakon last year which really upset me ;; The concert was good ya?

I didn't even know Target sold AAA's cd til the other day kinda freaked me out D8

When that happens it is so weird..WAL-MART randomly sold a KAT-TUN album on their website maybe a year or so ago.

Yeah AAA was good that's why I'd prefer up beat pop acts,..the funniest part was when Misako kinda asked us to go buy the Grudge 2 on DVD. :P

Really? that is strange.

The concert was great....I was pretty close to the front to. They were all EXTREMELY energetic, and they all tried to speak a little english, so that was pretty cool.

I remember when she said that (HAS ANYONE SEEN THE GRUDGE? IM IN IT!!!) I think were her words.

Ever listen to W-inds or FLAME or LEAD? (I think I liked W-inds the best but I havent listened to anything past their 3rd album)

I really love W-inds but it's been a while since I've listened to them, which makes me sad, I may catch up on a few of their singles by watching some videos today.

I really love W-inds but it's been a while since I've listened to them, which makes me sad, I may catch up on a few of their singles by watching some videos today.

Same here...I wonder if they're voices have gotten any deeper (as I said, last album I listened to was the third one, and they were all still pretty young with high voices) I wonder how much their singing has improved as well.

Really? that is strange.

The concert was great....I was pretty close to the front to. They were all EXTREMELY energetic, and they all tried to speak a little english, so that was pretty cool.

I remember when she said that (HAS ANYONE SEEN THE GRUDGE? IM IN IT!!!) I think were her words.

Ever listen to W-inds or FLAME or LEAD? (I think I liked W-inds the best but I havent listened to anything past their 3rd album)

oh man you like wFL too? :DD I used to be a HUGE fan of theirs back in middle school ^^

I was obsessed with Lead at the time, the other 2 I loved as well. As of now.. I don't think Lead is going anywhere... like as it was said before it's hard for other Japanese boybands to get through the market. Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to FLAME, but W-inds. is still doing pretty well. They've gotten pretty popular around Asia :]

Hmm they all sound the same to me actually XD so nope no voice change, they all still sound lovely though~

@grey: I know korean songs aren't played on anime or anything.. but it'd be cool if anime cons could actually get more into other asian stuff. I know anime= Japan so automatically Japan is the coolest country EVER. >>; Actually.. I'm saying this towards US anime cons.. because I know anime cons in other countries don't just focus on Japan. However I'm not talking about Otakon.. this con seem to actually be very open about other Asian cultures as well. (I don't think many people notice though /:P

From what I've noticed there seems to be a huge amount of (I think its called...Manwha's?) the Korean Manga pretty much, although I'm not sure if many of those series have been animated. But if they do start animating them, and use Korean theme songs, there's the perfect chance for that to happen.

From what the internet says Korean dramas have gotten pretty popular in Japan and they're popular with me..and yes some of the best reading I've had from "Comics" have been from man-wha lately, eventually I'd like to see more filtered in, but Japan just seems to have this great marketing/media machine..as for best country ever, I don't know who says that(no i really do know those people and they are CrAAzAA) but they must hate their life were ever they live because I'm happy here.

It was in Korean.

The song is "Shinkirou" from Black Blood Brothers.

I own the whole series but haven't got around to watching it yet xD I'll be sure to enjoy the opening theme.

I just realized that Epik High's volume 2 came out in 06...and they're already at volume 5....4 albums (one with two discs) in two years....busy busy.

Edited by Shiro420

yes Epik High popularity has risen so I don't see why they have so many albums.. I remember when they were just an underground rap group.. I'm happy for them :]

Alex from Clazziquai teamed up with M-flo to sing "LOVE ME AFTER 12AM" for Appleseed Ex Machina. His parts were in korean.

I've seen korean animes heh.. heck one of them had DBSK's song as a theme song^^;

However Sky Blue(Wonderful Days) a top hit korean anime are one of the good ones!

I also thought My Beautiful Girl, Mari was a lovely one too^^

I really want to see AUDITION animation though >< (have you all read that manhwa? it's amazing~) but I have yet to find it ;;

Ok we're getting off topic xD

Anyone know that one boyband made up of host boys? o_O

Edited by lambogirl
yes Epik High popularity has risen so I don't see why they have so many albums.. I remember when they were just an underground rap group.. I'm happy for them :]

Alex from Clazziquai teamed up with M-flo to sing "LOVE ME AFTER 12AM" for Appleseed Ex Machina. His parts were in korean.

I've seen korean animes heh.. heck one of them had DBSK's song as a theme song^^;

However Sky Blue(Wonderful Days) a top hit korean anime are one of the good ones!

I also thought My Beautiful Girl, Mari was a lovely one too^^

I really want to see AUDITION animation though >< (have you all read that manhwa? it's amazing~) but I have yet to find it ;;

Ok we're getting off topic xD

Anyone know that one boyband made up of host boys? o_O

Host Boys? (I think I know what your talking about, but please, clarify, just to be sure)

Are there any good Korean anime's that are getting localized?

I'm not sure which member, but one of them does a song with Epik High on their second album. I really like their sound so I may have to check Claizziquai.

now I remember! They're called AcQuA-E.P.

They're supposed to be J-rock but uh.. I still consider them a boyband srsly.

but in visual kei makeup... and they dance too lmao.

Club Prince is also those type of host club boybands ^^ (I actually like Club Prince a lot better.. they're fun :3)

Edited by lambogirl
From what the internet says Korean dramas have gotten pretty popular in Japan and they're popular with me..and yes some of the best reading I've had from "Comics" have been from man-wha lately, eventually I'd like to see more filtered in, but Japan just seems to have this great marketing/media machine..as for best country ever, I don't know who says that(no i really do know those people and they are CrAAzAA) but they must hate their life were ever they live because I'm happy here.

..No I just mean I don't want to be mean to anyone and I'm trying not to knock anyone, I personally would love to spend time several years in another country but people who obsess over another country and culture always make me feel they must hate their own life..I know that's not true that's always the perception..but I know its not true

Host clubs are not my thing but to each their own. :]

Random question, it always happens but how do you all feel about solo projects some of the boyband members do? Like Big-Bang, Shinwha, etc.

I've known Japan obsessed people like that.. and really I believe they're just thinking in a world of fantasy. They believe Japan is like what they see in Anime. I was in a student trip with people like that, once they finally got to Japan it was basically culture shock for them, going back to America kind of gave them that "I'd rather be here at home" feeling.

I thought it was rather interesting.. however myself I didn't want to go back home haha.. going out of country is much more refreshing^^

Well.. most US fangirls dream for that kind of thing.. not really knowing how it really works x_x (not like it's going to happen here anyway^^; )

Honestly um.. I don't mind for the solo activities it must be heart breaking to most fans though. I know the group is still together but it feels kind of like there's missing puzzle piece.. you see each member doing their own thing but you miss them being together because you are so used to seeing them together. I know I'm being very biased(and I really can't help it since they're the group I've known the longest) but if dbsk did solo activities I know I'd be kind of sad.. but still be supportive of each member.

Edited by lambogirl
..No I just mean I don't want to be mean to anyone and I'm trying not to knock anyone, I personally would love to spend time several years in another country but people who obsess over another country and culture always make me feel they must hate their own life..I know that's not true that's always the perception..but I know its not true

Host clubs are not my thing but to each their own. :]

Random question, it always happens but how do you all feel about solo projects some of the boyband members do? Like Big-Bang, Shinwha, etc.

I havent had the chance to check out any of Shinhwa's members solo projects, but I heard a couple of song from....Minwoo's album I believe, and I really liked it.

I've known Japan obsessed people like that.. and really I believe they're just thinking in a world of fantasy. They believe Japan is like what they see in Anime. I was in a student trip with people like that, once they finally got to Japan it was basically culture shock for them, going back to America kind of gave them that "I'd rather be here at home" feeling.

I thought it was rather interesting.. however myself I didn't want to go back home haha.. going out of country is much more refreshing^^

Well.. most US fangirls dream for that kind of thing.. not really knowing how it really works x_x (not like it's going to happen here anyway^^; )

Honestly um.. I don't mind for the solo activities it must be heart breaking to most fans though. I know the group is still together but it feels kind of like there's missing puzzle piece.. you see each member doing their own thing but you miss them being together because you are so used to seeing them together. I know I'm being very biased(and I really can't help it since they're the group I've known the longest) but if dbsk did solo activities I know I'd be kind of sad.. but still be supportive of each member.

Yes, some people do have delusions of granduer. Unfortunately, nowhere in the world can be like it is in anime. The real reason I'd like to go to Japan is to try an authentic beef bowl of ramen. mmmmmmmm. ^_^ Ok so there's other things too, but I'm hungry right now....

I wonder if Super Junior members will ever do solo work (I know they get split up into the different factions...like Super Junior M), but as for solo work?....

I like DBSK as a group as well, but with all the work they do as a group, would any of them have enough free time to try doing solo work?

heh ramen there is AMAZING. well duh of course it's the original made from scratch thing! XD

Super Junior do their own thing.. whether it be acting or MCing. But for now it's still pretty much let's concentrate on the project groups @_@

I'm not sure with DBSK if they'll ever do solo work.. maybe later but not now. They're getting ready for the 4th album release.. (and that will be promotion, promotion, and more promotion)

heh ramen there is AMAZING. well duh of course it's the original made from scratch thing! XD

Super Junior do their own thing.. whether it be acting or MCing. But for now it's still pretty much let's concentrate on the project groups @_@

I'm not sure with DBSK if they'll ever do solo work.. maybe later but not now. They're getting ready for the 4th album release.. (and that will be promotion, promotion, and more promotion)

ANOTHER ONE ALREADY? (then again I dont even know when the last one came out) those poor guys must be worked to the bone.

I know....I've always wanted to have a ramen with one of those little uzumaki kind of squid thingees.... (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) is it a fish cracker......

I know....I've always wanted to have a ramen with one of those little uzumaki kind of squid thingees.... (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) is it a fish cracker......

I think you mean kamaboko. It's the fish cake slices that are on top of ramen.

That's most likely 99.9 % it. (google's it) Yep that's it ^_^...I didn't know they made them in all those different designs.... *cough*

Well, back on topic; I can't believe it's going to be at least two years before the next Shinhwa album....Out of the blue though, what was that Shinhwa side project that had all the different members....I think I saw a video of their's on youtube. They were called Battle Shinhwa, right?

Edited by Shiro420

oh. yeah. They're called Battle.

Members in Battle were all chosen by Shinhwa.

This their recent single.. Step by step

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wtw7lD993zI

I was telling Shiro about this.. but if you guys happen to be in Northern Virginia/DC (it's also kind of close to Maryland too)

check these stores out for k-pop cds. Their cds are fairly priced ($12-$20)

Go to this store..

(store with biggest cd k-pop selection)

Music Plus

7031 Little River Tpke # 19d

Annandale, VA 22003

The owners are very nice.. they'll order the cd for you if they don't have it.. but they usually have dong bang shin ki/Big Bang/Super Junior in their cd selection^^

If you like k-movies or k-dramas check out this place (they sell copies of dvds for $5 each!)

[should all be english subbed yup ^_^]

It's called Story dvd. Uhm.. I don't have the address but it's in the same shopping center as Music Plus.

This store also has some cds not a lot.. Music Plus is the only place with the majority.

lilthingamajigs

also in the same shopping center. It's a store with a bunch of cute stuff like Hello Kitty.. etc.

New Seoul Department Store

7448 Little River Tpke

Annandale, VA 22003

^ also has a VERY small selection of cds but it's worth a shot. Their cds are located near the cute stuff.

As for Japanese cds.. uhh Music Plus might order for you but it's usually the korean ver.

Other than that Anime conventions or Kinokuniya Bookstore in Manhattan, NY is your best bet.

I bought the Shuuji to Akira and that's the only thing from Johnny's I've bought.... BUT saying that I really enjoy V6 the most overall.

I think I've purchased stuff from all of the Johnny's bands at one point. Musically, I think Kinki Kids get the best writers and promotion. My favorite song is Hakka Candy. As far as squeal factor, I like NewS. All the groups are pretty funny on tv, so I enjoy most of their variety tv shows.

I've been thinking about getting into NewS...I liked the look of them ever since they first came out. Who's their best singer?

I have a question..

why won't any JE bands come to America to perform? I heard Arashi was supposed to attend a Japan festival in Cali.. but I think that was a rumor /:

and what's up with that scandal of Jin in America?

Edited by lambogirl
I have a question..

why won't any JE bands come to America to perform? I heard Arashi was supposed to attend a Japan festival in Cali.. but I think that was a rumor /:

and what's up with that scandal of Jin in America?

I'll say from what I've heard and that isn't much and as such internet rumors are that god there were so many no of which I support/believe/ or deny.

Teen pregnancy rumors were one, I know Shirota Yuu's mom had some radio(pod cast??) rant about it about how his leavign was all wrong and the truth will come out one day, and I saw some picks of him hanging out with scence/hispter people.

KAT-TUN is far from may favorite as a matter of fact I usually call them by another name but without Jin there vocals weren't good to listen too I agree with that.

But really lets all go on from that I didn't realise Super Junior had U as a Japanese single, tell me this is newish?

^

LOL. I told you there was going to be a Suju J. Yeah it's new..^^ it made #4 on Oricon Charts.

wow @__@;; so much drama. Thank you for that information^^ It's been bothering me for a while haha.

That Jin is such a sexy badboy